Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i've got RR turbo here at the studio and TWC is NOT showing up in the provider lists..

rather than actually call TWC, i'll just jab a stick in my eye....it's a little less painful..
    Yeah I don't believe its going to show up until its actually working (tomorrow)

So...

...I received the ESPN3 email from Time Warner tonight around 1230am. I registered for MyServices then went to espn3.com...still no luck. So I clicked on 'chat online', asked about the availability of 3 and he said it will be available by the first week of November.

*facepalm* then

Stay oblivious, Time Warner.

ESPN3 still not working as of Mon am 10/25

I was able to successfully login to www.espnnetworks.com which seems to be a basic one channel ESPN feed for TWC customers. (probably setup to appease us until ESPN3.com is working) Of course espn3.com is the service we are really waiting and the email from TWC says "..Watch ESPN Online and ESPN3.com Now..". TWC is really trying my patience here...

Success

I watched my first ESPN3.com sporting event today using TWC. It was a rewatch of a soccer game that aired yesterday but it worked. I can't wait to test a live show and will probably pick one of the first NBA games of the season this week to see how the connection speed is. A friend of mine tried to watch a football game on a similar feed and it was like watching pixels move because her internet speed was so sketchy.

It's finally working for me.

Here in NW Ohio we are up and working.

ESPN3 now working with TWC !

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy2 View Post
    Here in NW Ohio we are up and working.
    Here in NC, it's finally working. Just select from the drop down and use your TWC account login and you're good to go.

For those who care, we just did some analysis to live cable TV and the internet feed was around 10 seconds later on average. So, with live TV my ability to affect the game outcome could be a few pts less due to the latency.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jhole View Post
    Here in NC, it's finally working. Just select from the drop down and use your TWC account login and you're good to go.

For those who care, we just did some analysis to live cable TV and the internet feed was around 10 seconds later on average. So, with live TV my ability to affect the game outcome could be a few pts less due to the latency.
    If your game affection time is offset, all I can ask you do is to please turn off your computer and run to the nearest sports bar during the close ones.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I finally got on to ESPN 3 yesterday... because my part of Greensboro was one of the first to be offered AT&T Uverse!! Yahoo!

Anyone in GSO considering Uverse? I am very happy with it so far. Picture is excellent. My TimeWarner reception was never the best - lots of dropouts and annoying glitches - but I am saving a good bit of cash while getting lots of premium channels I never had before. I have the package that includes internet and phone. Plus the guide is far better, the box is the new Cisco one, and I can record twice the amount before having to delete something. The best things are sometimes the little things - when I change the channel it immediately changes. Sometimes TWC would take 2-4 seconds to change.

I've had two calls so far from TimeWarner offering to drop my rates, but I have no interest in even finding out what they would offer.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Still no access to ESPN3 through Brighthouse in Tampa. I called and was told that they now anticipate service starting the first week of November.

Not home right how but just wondering. If you don't have TW Cable T.V., but you have TW internet can you still watch espn related content?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeysgotagun View Post
    Not home right how but just wondering. If you don't have TW Cable T.V., but you have TW internet can you still watch espn related content?
    I fit that scenario (I have DirecTV) and figured I'd be screwed..but I registered and logged in with success.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Will ESPN3 help when prior game is still in progress?

Wondering if ESPN3 is the solution for when Duke is the 2nd game of the evening and the first game is still in progress when Duke starts? Frustrating missing 10+ minutes of a Duke game while waiting for Nowhere State to finish up...

Wondering if ESPN3 is the solution for when Duke is the 2nd game of the evening and the first game is still in progress when Duke starts? Frustrating missing 10+ minutes of a Duke game while waiting for Nowhere State to finish up...
    This is one of the few things that makes me angry. I get all amped to watch Duke and have to wait and miss %25 percent of the game.

I seem to remember last year they sometimes put the start of the game on ESPU or another ESPN family channel so perhaps they will make it available on ESPN3.

Quote Originally Posted by noyac View Post
    This is one of the few things that makes me angry. I get all amped to watch Duke and have to wait and miss %25 percent of the game.

I seem to remember last year they sometimes put the start of the game on ESPU or another ESPN family channel so perhaps they will make it available on ESPN3.
    If a game is on the ESPN family tv-wise my understanding is that it will be on ESPN3 automatically (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The only exception is if for some reason they blackout the Duke game on ESPN3 in your area...which happens in football for Raycom games which are on ESPN3 nationally but locally are blacked out because it is on the Raycom channel.

I created a login only to find that those that have TW internet but no TW T.V., cannot access ESPN3 or espnnetworks.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeysgotagun View Post
    I created a login only to find that those that have TW internet but no TW T.V., cannot access ESPN3 or espnnetworks.
    i only have TW internet and no TV and my login works fine.

Edit...you scared me so I double checked...still works. whew.

YES, in fact ESPN3 doesn't wait for tipoff a few minutes after the hour, it starts the broadcast at the top of the hour so you get the full ESPN pregame coverage (for example, the ESPN3 feed will start at 9 for a 9:10 tip). And this year, ESPN3 seems to be in synch with ESPN (unlike the last couple of years), so when the game pops up on TV, you can pretty much seamlessly switch. Last year, there was about a 2 minute lag.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

ESPN3 + Xbox

For those with an Xbox 360, you can now watch ESPN3 on your TV via the Xbox. The fall update that was pushed today includes the new feature.

I don't think it helps much for basketball season as most of the Duke games are already broadcast, but in case you happen to follow other teams, it's a lot better than watching on a 15" laptop.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Just to update for anyone who might be interested in the progress in Central Florida, Bright House Tampa Bay sent out an e-mail message this weekend inviting subscribers to register for an account that would facilitate access to ESPN3, which the message said is "coming soon." Given the information I was provided last week that they expect service to begin in the first week of November, I'm hoping that we'll be able to connect here by this weekend.