Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City

    roy doesn't know jack

    and he won't get to:

    http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports...71764/24236001

    Kadeem Jack ... 6-foot-8 forward from New York ... chose Rutgers despite interest from Arkansas, Kentucky, Georgetown, North Carolina, West Virginia and Miami. Scout.com rated him as the 43rd-best prospect in the Class of 2010. ... Jack is spending this year at a prep school. He's on track to join Rutgers for the 2011-12 season.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Thought they were going after this guy pretty hard to fill front court depth for this year. Anyone know what the story is? Pretty unusual for a guy to forego college for another prep year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Delaware
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    Thought they were going after this guy pretty hard to fill front court depth for this year. Anyone know what the story is? Pretty unusual for a guy to forego college for another prep year.
    I don't think it's that uncommon for guys to spend an extra year in high school, it just usually doesn't get this much publicity since the decision is made well in advance and there is no question as to his classification at the last minute, as was the case with Jack. He never seemed like a serious option for UNC. They really only wanted one extra guy for this year as a stop gap to help with front-court depth and they got it in Knox.

    As for Jack's decision, I seem to remember that he was already leaning towards prep school, but the UNC situation caused him to reconsider.
    Pratt '09
    GO DUKE!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, D.C.

    Hansbrough

    Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    I don't think it's that uncommon for guys to spend an extra year in high school, it just usually doesn't get this much publicity since the decision is made well in advance and there is no question as to his classification at the last minute, as was the case with Jack. He never seemed like a serious option for UNC. They really only wanted one extra guy for this year as a stop gap to help with front-court depth and they got it in Knox.

    As for Jack's decision, I seem to remember that he was already leaning towards prep school, but the UNC situation caused him to reconsider.
    How many years was Hansbrough in high school? Wasn't he like 23 or 24 when he graduated?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    How many years was Hansbrough in high school? Wasn't he like 23 or 24 when he graduated?
    When he graduated high school? I don't think he was much older than 22.

    He qualified for an NBA pension before making a basket in the NBA. BTW, his NBA checks have a notation in the memo line: "Traveling Money."

Similar Threads

  1. Jack Ryan is...
    By Lord Ash in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 12:37 AM
  2. Jack Remembered
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 08:05 PM
  3. Jack Wojciechowski
    By throatybeard in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 11:32 PM
  4. 1M: Jack it Up!
    By dukejunkie in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 02:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •