Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    On the flip side, both Maryland games are in the first half of the ACC schedule, with the second game being the eighth of the season. Since the expansion to twelve, there has usually been a team we play twice for whom both games fall in the first half (it offsets UNC both falling in the second half of the season), but it has never been Maryland before now. I don't really make anything of it, other than the ACC can really only accommodate one big rivalry for a team while still making a TV friendly schedule. So perhaps the ACC is confirming that Maryland is not our rival.
    My reaction to it was that the schedule-makers must think that Maryland will drop off significantly this year, without Vasquez, Hayes and Milbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim* View Post
    According to this Herald Sun article, here are a few more specific dates:

Dec 8 vs Bradley
    Dec 11 vs St Louis
    Jan 30 at St Johns (@ MSG)
    Feb 23 vs Temple
    Thanks. Although I was dismayed to see in that article that the "formal" schedule release is not expected until at least Sept. 1. The third Friday in August used to be schedule day, and while it's been slipping in past seasons, I never recall it being as late as September.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

^I heard somewhere that they TV scheduling process was holding things up. I think it was said that this was due to the delay in firming up the NBA tv schedule, due to the frantic push by the networks to show as many Heat games as possible.

Don't know if there's anything to that, but you're right- 3rd Friday in August has been the day, like clockwork in recent history. It really is annoying and inconsiderate that we have to wait any longer than that. lol

Feb 26 college Game Day Duke @ VA Tech

Feb 26 college Game Day Duke @ VA Tech

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...n-more-longing

Tickets CAN be withdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    When Duke charges your credit card.
    This is NOT correct. I know from experience for tix I bought as a birthday gift for a friend. (Fortunately, I had not yet informed the friend of my "gift.")

Dear kimist,

We can no longer honor your request for the two tickets you previously purchased to the ABC game. Enclosed is a copy of the $-- credit being applied to your credit card.

'cerely

Iron Dukes

Tickets to the Butler games in NJ and the UNC-G at greensboro have just opened up to the public. If the team is still undefeated, K will pass Smith at the UNC-G game.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...&ATCLID=285379

Quote Originally Posted by terrih View Post
    I keep checking for Oregon tickets and they still aren't there(as of last night). I called when I got my mailing and didn't see the game on line yet and they said they were finalizing the prices. But also said it would already be available by now. Really hoping the put the game on the site soon.
    FYI, the Oregon ticket sales have now been announced. Tickets go on sale to the general public on 10/15 at 10am Pacific, through the Rose Garden ticket office only.

Also, for alumni or for parents, friends, and fans, the Alumni Association is selling tickets now through October 8, that includes admission to a brunch held onsite at the Rose Quarter.

Looking forward to seeing some fellow NW Duke fans at the game!
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke