Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Set your DVR- NCAA Tournament

CBS College Sports Station is broadcasting all the games from the NCAA Tournament over the next couple of weeks.

Duke vs. Arkansas Pine Bluff scheduled for Friday 6PM

Duke vs. California 7/19 11PM

More games to come

*** It will be fun to watch these games again with no stress and remember how you were on the edge of your seat throughout the entire tournament.
    The Terrapin Assassin

7/21 Duke vs. Purdue 4PM

7/22 Duke vs. Baylor 12PM

7/22 Duke vs. WVA 4PM

7/22 Duke vs. Butler 6PM and 10PM
    The Terrapin Assassin

Tech corner..

Hi guys. I'm a cheapskate and looking to save some dough and I am hopeful someone out there has an answer to my Question.

Were it not for my Duke Sports addiction, I think I could live just fine doing Hulu and/or Netflix downloads to watch the programs and shows I like.

So is there any service out there that will give me the live games I want in either a package or pay per game kinda thing that's of good quality to run thru a PS3 to an hdtv and works out to be cheaper than a yearly cable bill?

Any insights or storys of personal experience would be very welcomed.

You need a friend with cable.

Or a good bar that will put the audio on for you.

Also, it's not always reliable, but it usually has the Duke games. I use this to watch ones that aren't televised in my area:

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/

Just scroll down to NCAA and there is a Kansas fan that usually posts links to a bunch of the games when the season rolls around.

Thank you already have my new DVR set. Since lightining fried the other one and lost everything.

hahaha...erased a bunch of my wife's what not to wear episodes...

i bleed duke blue....and probably real blood when she sees it...lol

Quote Originally Posted by dolver View Post
    Or a good bar that will put the audio on for you.
    At most Buffalo Wild Wings and Hooters, you can request a personal audio device that fits on your table. It's basically a speaker that you can tune into any of the 50 tvs that have games on in the place.

BWW's offers this in more locations than Hooter's, but they both do where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    7/21 Duke vs. Purdue 4PM

7/22 Duke vs. Baylor 12PM

7/22 Duke vs. WVA 4PM

7/22 Duke vs. Butler 6PM and 10PM
    If anybody gets these on a DVD, please let me know :-)

i have butler and wvu game in 720p hd, but my baylor copy is not the greatest quality. neither is purdue. if anyone is able to get those in 720p, i would be very happy and of course would love to share my final four games too.

and i have no cal or arkansas copy -- would be nice to get it all

Got them set in my dvr now as well, though the Purdue game doesn't look like it's taking for some reason. That one I'll have to double check on. It will be really nice to see the Baylor game without local affilate channel 2's "great" weather break-ins that nearly ruined the 2nd half for me. But (and for those around the Triad area will know) we'd expect nothing less from channel 2....

How crazy am I that I am uber excited to watch the Arkansas Pine Bluff game tonight? I didn't get to see it originally since I was in New Orleans for their first and second round games. Even though it was the in between day for the New Orleans games, I probably had a few too many hurricanes in my system to focus on the Duke game since it was the last one of the night. Oh well. Tonight I will focus. Go Devils!

i cant find it on tv. either it isnt on or its just not showing up on my menu screen I have comcast?!

Quote Originally Posted by _TheFakeJWill_ View Post
    i cant find it on tv. either it isnt on or its just not showing up on my menu screen I have comcast?!

I believe that, in most cable systems, the CBSC channel is part of an optional "Sports Pack" that you're required to order for an additional monthly fee. Here in Tampa on Brighthouse, we get the high-def Sports Pak that includes more than 20 channels for less than $5 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilOfATime View Post
    Thank you already have my new DVR set. Since lightining fried the other one and lost everything.
    Oh WOW!! Sorry to hear that. I have threatened bodily injury to my son if he accidently deletes the championship game & the ESPNews post game interviews.

http://vault.ncaa.com/?tag=mmod-watch-highlights;vault

Here is a great website that you can review some of the games by team over the past 10 years.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Video Quality

Did anybody else notice that the video quality was not nearly as good as the live broadcast?
    It also took up half (or less) space on the DVR.
    I'm lucky enough to get it in HD, but it is a low quality HD for sure.
    It's a little disappointing.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the Final Four games anyway.

compressed..

i am watching pine bluff right now...zoub's energy and focus is off the chain...

i know i just totally rainbow zoubs, but i am having the luxury of watching him and him only during the pine bluff game and man, he is a ball MAGNET....

his ferocity going for the ball is challenging his own team to do the same...

go freaking zoubs....this is just the first game...

looking back, i've got a little pain of guilt for not believing more...