NBA Pre-Draft Measurements (Draft Express)

I just HAD to include this, because it blows my mind. According to these stats, who's the fastest prospect in the sprint measurement? John Wall? Nope - he's #2. The winner is...TREVOR BOOKER!!

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...ce=All&sort=16

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    I just HAD to include this, because it blows my mind. According to these stats, who's the fastest prospect in the sprint measurement? John Wall? Nope - he's #2. The winner is...TREVOR BOOKER!!

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...ce=All&sort=16
    But wait--this suggests that Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld might actually know what he is doing! It must be the Leonsis influence.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    But wait--this suggests that Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld might actually know what he is doing! It must be the Leonsis influence.
    FWIW, I loved the Booker pick by the 'Zards. Booker compared himself to Paul Milsap of the Jazz, which is apt, IMO. From post-draft articles, it seems that Grunfeld had targeted Booker, and were concerned that he wouldn't be there if they waited until their pick at #30, so they pulled the trade that they did to get him - the #30 and #35 picks for the #23 and the #56, IIRC.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Smile And Also Strong...

Not only was Trevor Booker the fastest, but he also had the most bench presses. (Tied with Derrick Caracter.) There have been posters arguing that Ryan Kelly and the like should be careful about adding muscle because the additional weight makes you slower. I objected to their reasoning. Although I am seldom right about anything, this stat helps make my case that adding muscle adds to speed, not detracts.

sagegrouse

Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Not only was Trevor Booker the fastest, but he also had the most bench presses. (Tied with Derrick Caracter.) There have been posters arguing that Ryan Kelly and the like should be careful about adding muscle because the additional weight makes you slower. I objected to their reasoning. Although I am seldom right about anything, this stat helps make my case that adding muscle adds to speed, not detracts.

sagegrouse
    Luke Harangody (or as the moronic Digger would say - "'Gody!!") had 23 reps. But your point is well taken, Sage!

Wink Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Luke Harangody (or as the moronic Digger would say - "'Gody!!") had 23 reps. But your point is well taken, Sage!
    My error. -- sagegrouse