Front Page Jeopardy! Question

Hadn't seen this answered yet. Shane Battier was indeed mentioned on Jeopardy! this past week. By standards of a Duke fan or anyone who was a casual college basketball fan 10 years ago, the clue was ridiculously easy, but I'm sure it was much more reasonable for a group of Jeopardy! players. Not that they aren't smart, but if I were on Jeopardy, I wouldn't exactly spend much of my preparation on sports.

The clue was a $1200 clue in Double Jeopardy (that's the middle one as far as difficulty) in a category about the year 2001 in sports. I don't remember it verbatim, but it was something like:

Shane Battier had his jersey retired at this school before leading them to the NCAA championship

Now...I can't remember. Who won the title in 2001??????? All kidding aside, NO ONE GOT IT. ARRRRGH.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    Hadn't seen this answered yet. Shane Battier was indeed mentioned on Jeopardy! this past week. By standards of a Duke fan or anyone who was a casual college basketball fan 10 years ago, the clue was ridiculously easy, but I'm sure it was much more reasonable for a group of Jeopardy! players. Not that they aren't smart, but if I were on Jeopardy, I wouldn't exactly spend much of my preparation on sports.

The clue was a $1200 clue in Double Jeopardy (that's the middle one as far as difficulty) in a category about the year 2001 in sports. I don't remember it verbatim, but it was something like:

Shane Battier had his jersey retired at this school before leading them to the NCAA championship

Now...I can't remember. Who won the title in 2001??????? All kidding aside, NO ONE GOT IT. ARRRRGH.
    Happened to be working at home and saw it.

If I remember correctly, no one knew ANY of the answers on the category.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Happened to be working at home and saw it.

If I remember correctly, no one knew ANY of the answers on the category.
    I think they got one or two. I think the $800 clue was a video of Mike Piazza standing around and the clue was basically, this guy hit a bunch of home runs in 2001, but no one knew what Mike Piazza looked like.

The sports questions on Jeopardy are always ridiculously easy. Even a casual sports fan would normally be able to get them all. I guess trivia buffs don't watch a lot of sports.

They got the last question, but didn't get any of the others. My roommate and I started booing all 3 of them for not knowing the Shane question!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    The sports questions on Jeopardy are always ridiculously easy.
    Well, Jeopardy's like that. To anyone who's taken an astrophysics course, the astronomy questions are ridiculously easy.

What was the category? With Battier and Piazza, I'm guessing something along the lines of #31 and sports.

#31 would work for those two answers/questions, but the OP said the category was the year 2001 in sports.

Thanks...read that first post too quickly.