Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm rooting for Chris Bell at the final table of the mixed Omaha/7-stud Hi-Lo event. Local boy making us proud(He's from Raleigh)! He's final tabled a few WPT events but this would be his first bracelet. He really plays excellent poker.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    As an aside, I played in my monthly game last night and again cleaned up at Omaha 8. I was having a pretty bad night (down about $30-- we play small stakes in this game... buy-in is just $20 and bet limit is $1 on most games, sometimes $2) taking beatings at "silly" games like 7-27. I also got killed because I went "hi-low" twice in 7-card stud and won the high but lost the low each time meaning I got nada!! That hurt.

Anyway, by the time we got done with an hour or so of Omaha, I had not only won back my $30, but I was up another $30... sure it is chump change but it was fun.

-Jason "loving me some Omaha!" Evans
    Hey $30 is not chump change you can buy like 1/4 of tank of gas with that.

SPOILER!!!

Phil Hellmuth has made the final table of event #15, which is a no-limit $1500 buy-in tournament. he is second in chips with $1,482,000 to Rick Fuller who has $1,779,000. If he wins, he'll be the first person to have won 11 bracelets.

Just a couple days ago Phil Ivey came in 2nd in the World Championship of 7-card stud. I expect him to be a force in the $50k H.O.R.S.E. tourney in a week or so.

He is not just the Tiger Woods of Poker because he has some mild resmblance to the golfer... he is just that much better than everyone else.

It speaks volumes that when a bunch of the best pros pooled their money for a huge (multi-million dollar) game against a Texas billionaire, they chose Phil to be their heads-up champion** and Phil cleaned the guy out to the tune of about 12 million dollars.

--Jason "I don't mind spoilers when watching poker-- who wins and loses is a lot less interesting than seeing how the experts play it" Evans

**- Initially, they chose Jennifer Harmon but she lost like 6 million so they went to Phil and begged him to take over.

I haven't spent much time reading the poker blogs recently, but another one which I used to read a lot was guinnessandpoker.blogspot.com. I actually found Tao of Pauly off that one. I found the ramblings entertaining, although it may have just been the Guiness reference that appealed to me.

Phil did it. #11.

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/ne...asp?newsID=984

-Jason "this was not originally going to be an event televised by ESPN, but I bet they add it in after the fact" Evans

Looks like Phil Hellmuth is very close to making another final table. There are ten people left, at only one table, but it doesn't become an official final table until they are down to nine players. Phil is a little short stacked, but one double up and he's right back in contention.

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/to...55&groupID=309