Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nice DBP video on the 2018 K Academy. As always, great seeing and hearing from familiar faces. Viewers might feel good after watching.

Wow, awesome video....loved it! And some blasts from the past...Chip Engellend.with a speaking role..and I think I saw David Henderson....old school...

Years I ago was hoping that I would make it to 35 and be a millionaire so I could afford to attend this camp. I got halfway there! No I don’t have half a million dollars, but I did make it to 35.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Years I ago was hoping that I would make it to 35 and be a millionaire so I could afford to attend this camp. I got halfway there! No I don’t have half a million dollars, but I did make it to 35.
    I am well over 35, but do not have the million dollars either but will still dream about K camp for another few years.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I am well over 35, but do not have the million dollars either but will still dream about K camp for another few years.
    I think this is #1 on my bucket list, but at 55, I'm afraid my window might be closing. A few years ago, I got in good enough shape to do a 100 mile camping and hiking trek with the Scouts at Philmont, NM, but I've since given it all back and then some.

I think I could swing the $$$, although Mrs. Turk would point out we still have a small flock of young Turks still on the payroll...

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    ...Mrs. Turk would point out we still have a small flock of young Turks still on the payroll...
    What was that Denis Leary joke about his father saying young Denis could go cry while pushing the lawnmower and that it would constitute excellent emotional therapy?

Not to cast any aspersions on your fine young children though! That joke always made me laugh. Especially since I would watch my older brothers cut the lawn.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I think this is #1 on my bucket list, but at 55, I'm afraid my window might be closing.
    I thought that there was a way you could pay to attend, not participate on the court, but still go through the whole event and receive a jersey and stuff. I could be wrong though.

K Academy blog

Here is a fantastic blog on K Academy from camper, Sarah Goswick: https://blueinthe212.blogspot.com/20...color.html?m=1

I considered doing it this year as a birthday present to myself. Since it is a milestone birthday year for both my wife and me, we decided to join the team in Maui instead. We went to Maui in 2011 with an 18 month old and one in the oven (my 18 month old and Andre Dawkins made the cover photo of DBR). This year she's 8 and her brother, now 6, will be able to enjoy the islands.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    I considered doing it this year as a birthday present to myself. Since it is a milestone birthday year for both my wife and me, we decided to join the team in Maui instead. We went to Maui in 2011 with an 18 month old and one in the oven (my 18 month old and Andre Dawkins made the cover photo of DBR). This year she's 8 and her brother, now 6, will be able to enjoy the islands.
    Ooh nice... a few years ago my wife had a milestone birthday and we had a milestone anniversary....we bopped off to Antigua...great trip. Not sure how much is left after that killer hurricane last year though...

Quote Originally Posted by esavage View Post
    Here is a fantastic blog on K Academy from camper, Sarah Goswick: https://blueinthe212.blogspot.com/20...color.html?m=1
    I so enjoyed this blog. I hope somebody gives Sarah a scholarship to attend year after year until her jersey is retired.

I loved the blog too, thanks for sharing! Really surprised there have been so few female campers (she was only the second ever).

I'm bumping this because I think Sarah's blog is insightful about Duke hoop excellence at whatever it attempts. And besides, you gotta adore Sarah.

Thanks for sharing! The best part of it being so long was that it took enough time to read on my phone that my wife was forced to ask, "What the hell are you reading?"

Perfect segue into my pitch, "Oh nothing, just an amazing story detailing bucketlist item #1: K Academy."

Not a chance that she'd allow me to spend 10k on anything, but I'll save my $7.69 a day over the next 3 and a half years to be ready at 35 just in case