Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Brown Gone, Ferry Gone, LeBron Next?

LeBron and the Cavs lose again.

What's going to happen?

How much time left in Ferry's stay in Cleveland?

LeBron almost with a quadruple double. Only one turnover away.

Hope he goes to the Nets, or the Knicks

I don't think Danny Ferry will go anywhere, LeBron is as good as in a Knicks jersey though.

yeah but he had a pretty bad shooting percentage (8-21 i think) and 9 turnovers. Not the way he envisioned going out.

I hope he goes to the knicks
    Trinity '09

Ferry is safe I think. He did a pretty good job getting talent. Two months ago, every analyst said Cleveland had the best talent now with Antawn Jamison to win a championship. Now he doesn't? Frankly, I think Mike Brown is to blame. He has poor offensive plays and is incredibly inconsistent in rotations. I think he will be fired. My guess, Lebron goes to Chicago.

Lebron one? GOOD!

I would agree Mike Brown probably takes the fall.

The team looked downright apathetic on "the biggest game in Cleveland sports history".

8. Bulls?

I think he more likely to go to the Bulls than Knicks. I can only see Knicks if Bosh is going too. If not, it would be pretty dumb to pair up with Joe Johnson or no one on a horrible team. Bulls seem to make the most sense from a competitive standpoint if he wants to win.

I think the Nets are a possibility to if they land top pick or even second pick.

If they got the second pick and took Turner they would start Harris, Turner, Lebron, Yi (or maybe someone to be signed) and Lopez. Courtney Lee 6th man.

If they landed Wall they could trade Harris for a player or a pick. I'd think Harris could at least yield the Pacers 10th pick for selecting a young PF like Ekpe, Ed Davis, etc.

Then they would start Wall, Lee, Lebron, PF (Davis/Udoh), Lopez. And he'd get NYC and teaming up with Jay Z.

Bulls are safer option since Rose is a more known quantity than Wall but NJ is pretty realistic if they hit a top pick.

My bad

That's Lebron gone? GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    Hope he goes to the Nets, or the Knicks
    He'll get the max deal, but I'll bet he has player options every year after a couple of years. He gets the most money with the Cavs.

Nets have more talent, better prospects. But playing in Jersey for two years would suck. Jay Z is the wild card. For some reason I see Jay Z being the deciding factor. I think LBJ sees himself as that kind of entrepreneur.

If LeBron thought the Cleveland fans were finicky, wait until he gets a good dose of New York fans. Ask Patrick Ewing about Knick fans.

Will Ferry make a deal with the devil and hire Calipari to keep LeBron?

If LeBron leaves, there will be money for a big money free agent. Carlos Boozer will be available. That would go over well in Cleveland, no?

Lebron looked tired, almost run down. he has never ben a great shooter so when the legs go the shot goes. he j looked flat and he had no lift and watching his decision making showed he was wore out.

Lebron is going to the Nets along with D Wade and Boozer or Chris Bosh. you heard it here first.

Ferry should be fired.

He brought in a tar heel (Jamison) as the "missing piece" to get them to the championship.

Jamison got abused tonight.

Danny needs some Duke guys to right the ship

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrianZoubekExperience View Post
    I think he more likely to go to the Bulls than Knicks. ...

I think the Nets are a possibility to if they land top pick or even second pick. ...

If they landed Wall they could trade Harris for a player or a pick. I'd think Harris could at least yield the Pacers 10th pick for selecting a young PF like Ekpe, Ed Davis, etc. ...
    If the Nets land LeBron, they should trade Harris or their #1 pick for a playoff proven vet, like the Piston's Prince or Hamilton.

I say the top 3 to land LBJ are:

1) Cavs, Hometown, Loyalty, Calipari? etc.

2) Bulls, Rose, Chitown, Calipari?

3) Heat, Wade, Miami

I think the best opportunity to win would be Miami as they have enough money to sign Wade, Lebron/Bosh, and another max player, on top of that they have 3 draft picks and the possibility of trading Mike Beasley for another big time player.

I hope he goes to either Chigago or stays in Cleveland as I think tht would provide a good possibility for Cal leaving for the coaching job and therefore easing our recruiting efforts (Q in particular)

I have a good friend who is extremely well connected in NBA circles (he's a former NBA player). He said to me tonight that Lebron is probably going to Chicago. They have cap space to sign him and get another significant player. Plus, he would play alongside a very good nucleus already in place.

Rose, Lebron, Deng, and Noah would be a darn good core of players. My friend said he could see the Bulls perhaps also getting Boozer, but I don't think they have that much cap space.

--Jason "my buddy also says the Hawks will fire Mike Woodson because Joe Johnson hates him and there is no way Johnson re-signs with the Hawks if Woody stays there" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I have a good friend who is extremely well connected in NBA circles (he's a former NBA player). He said to me tonight that Lebron is probably going to Chicago. They have cap space to sign him and get another significant player. Plus, he would play alongside a very good nucleus already in place.

Rose, Lebron, Deng, and Noah would be a darn good core of players. My friend said he could see the Bulls perhaps also getting Boozer, but I don't think they have that much cap space.

--Jason "my buddy also says the Hawks will fire Mike Woodson because Joe Johnson hates him and there is no way Johnson re-signs with the Hawks if Woody stays there" Evans

There's NO WAY Joe Johnson is staying with the Hawks, especially after he made that comment that basically said that he doesn't care for the Hawks' fans.

Mike Brown is probably gone as the Cavs coach. As for where Lebron is going, your guess is as good as mine. He doesn't even know yet. I do know that the Clippers have a LOT of talent there (but no coach).

Well if LeBron goes to Chicago, I hope they don't hire Calipari. I don't see it happening anyway. I think LeBron needs a real coach.

What a nasty line up in the Chi if that happens. Boozer would be icing on the cake. Maybe Boozer would do it just to increase chances of winning a title? Take a bit less? Blasphemy, I know. Would be nice to get two Dukies a ring at the same time, per season.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

That would be a really interesting scenario. Despite my disdain for Noah, I would have to pull for the Bulls because of Deng and the King. Maybe they could just trade Noah for Booz, Kevin O'Conner likes giving away good players for very little: http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_14434166

Quote Originally Posted by ElSid View Post
    Well if LeBron goes to Chicago, I hope they don't hire Calipari. I don't see it happening anyway. I think LeBron needs a real coach.

What a nasty line up in the Chi if that happens. Boozer would be icing on the cake. Maybe Boozer would do it just to increase chances of winning a title? Take a bit less? Blasphemy, I know. Would be nice to get two Dukies a ring at the same time, per season.
    Why not Cal to Chi? Aren't you more interested in our recruiting than the coaching situation in Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    Why not Cal to Chi? Aren't you more interested in our recruiting than the coaching situation in Chicago?
    Very good point. I would LOVE to have him out of college basketball.