Thread: Power of Wojo

Power of Wojo

I thought I would share this story that happened to me Friday night (Saturday morning) to you guys.

For Christmas (and Graduation) my parents bought me a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer, the suv i have been wanting for a while now. My dad ( a UNC fan) got it customized with Duke pin stripes on both side, and a customized duke license plate. My brother (also a UNC fan) bought me a nice silver duke tag, and when I saw it, I had to name it. I went with "Wojo" .

All was well with Wojo until about 5 am Saturday morning when I slid across a 4 lane in Hickory, NC running through a telephone and light pole and eventually crashing into a BB&T bank. Luckily, I survived with only a sore arm from the airbag. But what was even crazier than me not getting hurt was that Wojo didnt get totaled. I give all the credit to God for keeping me safe, but I do believe that Wojo is the toughest suv on the road. I hit the pole right on the nose of Wojo, Knocking the plate off but the only damage to him was a beat up bumper and deflated tires. The police officers that arrived instantly gave me a sobriety test and breathalizer, and I of course passed .

Wojo will be out of the shop next week and back in action very soon. As for my insurance premiums...dont wanna talk about it I'll post some pictures of my baby (pre crash) and you guys can tell me what you think!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I'll post some pictures of my baby (pre crash) and you guys can tell me what you think!
    Screw that...we want to see the aftermath!
    Very happy to hear you are ok.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Screw that...we want to see the aftermath!
    Very happy to hear you are ok.
    For real! We want to see Before and After pics!

Very glad to hear you are ok after a wreck like that. Also glad to hear you were not drinking so kudos for that as well.

We would expect nothing less from a Warrior like Wojo!

But can you imagine the damage that would have occurred had you named it "Nate". The pole would have snapped like a toothpick, you would have gone clean through the Bank with it collapsing around you and come out on the other side with maybe a cracked headlight!

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    For real! We want to see Before and After pics!

Very glad to hear you are ok after a wreck like that. Also glad to hear you were not drinking so kudos for that as well.

We would expect nothing less from a Warrior like Wojo!

But can you imagine the damage that would have occurred had you named it "Nate". The pole would have snapped like a toothpick, you would have gone clean through the Bank with it collapsing around you and come out on the other side with maybe a cracked headlight!
    haha I didnt get to take any "after" pics, he was loaded up on the tow truck and sent to the shop. Nate is a Bad-I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this., if I would have named him Nate not only would I have crashed through the bank, I would be walking away with a pocket full of cash
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Just thank the heavens he didn't name it "Patrick Davidson". The whole town would have been wiped off the map.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,73.25,,0,-7.9 bank and light pole wojo destroyed......put the little man on the road for a view of the bank...you'll see how crazy it was

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,73.25,,0,-7.9 bank and light pole wojo destroyed......put the little man on the road for a view of the bank...you'll see how crazy it was
    How did you manage to pull that off?

Love the truck, very Duke...

"The Wojo is strong with this one"

I slid across a 4 lane in Hickory, NC running through a telephone and light pole and eventually crashing into a BB&T bank.
    Okay. Now you really do have to tell us how you managed to pull that off -- especially while sober.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Okay. Now you really do have to tell us how you managed to pull that off -- especially while sober.
    Ice? Hydroplaning? Oil spill? Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm glad you are ok and that Wojo will be restored to the beautiful vehicle it is in your pictures.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the truck! I love Wojo to death and was very scared he was gonna be totaled. It was about 5am...yeah i know i had no business out at that time, but apparently a tire blew according to the mechanic. He said the way the back left tire was cut he didnt know what else it could have been. The police officers instantly thought I was drunk but after a .0000 on the breathalizer, I was good. I was lucky nobody else was coming from the other direction or i would have surely lost my life. As for crashing through poles and eventually a bank, everything happened so fast i didnt have time to slam my brakes. i remember slamming into a pole and my airbag came out. It's possible that i may have blacked out, but like I said it happened so fast I just can't remember. I wasn't tired so I'm pretty sure it was a tire, even though I did not hear a tire blow. Crazy I know, but I thank God I nor Wojo was seriously hurt.

Wojo will be back on the road tomorrw!

Wojo back for real this time

Air bag censor is here... I will pick Wojo up in the morning then drive him to graduation practice! I'll post the new pics...had to get a different tag.