Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Of course, the bigger question to me is what happens to the group of Americans sitting in the relegation zone. Fulham have games vs Liverpool, Man City, Birmingham, and Portsmouth to go, and still sit 4 points below the line after picking up a desperately needed win. Its not actually inconceivable that they could surive, especially if they could pick up points against Liverpool. Ridiculous you say? Perhaps, but remember that the Tuesday after that game, Liverpool and Chelsea will tackle in leg 1 of their Champions League semifinal. So guess where there focus will be(and perhaps, which players will be rested ahead of that match). Hmmm... sounds a bit like last year, doesn't it?
    That's actually a decent run-in given that Birmingham is a big six-pointer. Liverpool and Portsmouth are focusing on other competitions right now. Man City will be tough at the Eastlands, even if they tend to trip themselves up a lot.

Grats to ManURE for taking the game yesterday. No qualms about it, we just didn't finish our chances which could have killed the game off in the first half. Adebayor appears to have my disease, called Cupcake Syndrome, whereas any forward continuously misses routine 'sitters' or "cupcakes" and fails to deliver for said players team. I had 5 chances myself on Saturday morning in my adult soccer league, 3 put directly to the keeper, 1 was a blast off the crossbar, the last was a diving header from a corner, which pinged off the far post and out of touch....Alas, my finishing touch shall return, as I hope Manu's does as well. Next season Gunners...

Wink Rotation, rotation, rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Its not actually inconceivable that they could surive, especially if they could pick up points against Liverpool. Ridiculous you say? Perhaps, but remember that the Tuesday after that game, Liverpool and Chelsea will tackle in leg 1 of their Champions League semifinal. So guess where there focus will be(and perhaps, which players will be rested ahead of that match). Hmmm... sounds a bit like last year, doesn't it?
    I'm thinking that with Rafa's rotation system, things change. Some of the likely stars are sitting on the bench, waiting for their chance to show their stuff so that some team will pick them up. I sincerely doubt that Crouch starts in CL, so I expect that he'll use any EPL starts for audition purposes.

But I could be VERY wrong ... and it wouldn't be the first time!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I'm thinking that with Rafa's rotation system, things change. Some of the likely stars are sitting on the bench, waiting for their chance to show their stuff so that some team will pick them up. I sincerely doubt that Crouch starts in CL, so I expect that he'll use any EPL starts for audition purposes.

But I could be VERY wrong ... and it wouldn't be the first time!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    It was just last year that Liverpool pretty much sat their entire starting lineup late in the year vs Fulham, which gave them crucial points in their drive to stay up, wasn't it? So who knows.

Congrats to Emile Heskey, for pretty much icing the title for Man U this year. Scored a late equalizer to hold Chelsea to a 1-1 draw by Wigan AT Stamford Bridge. That puts them 5 points down, plus huge goal differential(so even if Chelsea win all their games, including taking down Man U, Man U would need to either lose another, or tie 2 more games to lose the title). The not so special one needs some CL success now.

What a classic Celtic - Rangers match today. Not all that important on the grand scheme of things, but an instant classic. Celtic broke the 1-1 deadlock in injury time to claim 3 points.

I play right back for my school team and i love Manchester United. Rooney is my favorite player.

I love the EPL Fanzone games. The ManU Arsenal game was hilarious. I wish they would try doing some college basketball games like that.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdevil View Post
    I play right back for my school team and i love Manchester United. Rooney is my favorite player.

I love the EPL Fanzone games. The ManU Arsenal game was hilarious. I wish they would try doing some college basketball games like that.
    FanZone is the best show ever, except when they put it on at like 1AM. But yeah it rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdevil View Post

Yeah FanZone is really cool when Arsenal wins, not so much when ManU do (I also play, right midfielder, and forward)

Fanzone would do great here in America in some sports, especially like a Duke v UNC game or something. BUT in most sports here, the fans aren't quite as passionate as the soccer fans are across the pond.

Smile USA 0, Liverpool 2

Fulham includes Kasey Keller, Dempsey, and McBride.

Liverpool prepped for Tuesday's CL home showdown with Chelsea. Pennant and Crouch scored. Meanwhile, subs included Xabi, Carra, and Torres (didn't play). Hyypia suffered a minor injury, but will be ready for Tuesday.

Looking for a good CL performance from the Reds.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Fulham includes Kasey Keller, Dempsey, and McBride.

Liverpool prepped for Tuesday's CL home showdown with Chelsea. Pennant and Crouch scored. Meanwhile, subs included Xabi, Carra, and Torres (didn't play). Hyypia suffered a minor injury, but will be ready for Tuesday.

Looking for a good CL performance from the Reds.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Let's go Blues!! Chelsea's 6 days of rest will be a benefit and will be a factor on Tues. I would love to see a draw at Anfield and a win at the Bridge but football is unpredictable, I know it wont be that easy. Wouldn't be the end of the world if Chelsea lost 1-0, anymore than that and their in trouble.

Prediction: Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea, Kuyt and Drogba with the goals.

Smile A Red Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post
    Let's go Blues!! Chelsea's 6 days of rest will be a benefit and will be a factor on Tues. I would love to see a draw at Anfield and a win at the Bridge but football is unpredictable, I know it wont be that easy. Wouldn't be the end of the world if Chelsea lost 1-0, anymore than that and their in trouble.

Prediction: Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea, Kuyt and Drogba with the goals.
    Prediction: Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea: At Anfield=Torres on the loose. Kuyt may score away, but Torres rules the Kop. Hard to figure who'll get the second, given Rafa's rotation. Logic dictates the second should come from Torres, Crouch, or Gerrard, but I'll go with one of the less common goal scorers, as Torres will receive double-teams. I hate to say it, but I suspect that Crouch will sit.

Yeah I also have to agree, Liverpool will take this one over the two legs. The special one couldn't take down Liverpool in the CL, and you think Avram Grant will be able to? I don't think so, especially with the home cooking Liverpool receives at Anfield. It will be a Liverpool v ManU final, and I never thought I'd pull for ManU in anything, but Id have to in that case.

Smile I wish John Barnes were still playing

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJay View Post
    Yeah I also have to agree, Liverpool will take this one over the two legs. The special one couldn't take down Liverpool in the CL, and you think Avram Grant will be able to? I don't think so, especially with the home cooking Liverpool receives at Anfield. It will be a Liverpool v ManU final, and I never thought I'd pull for ManU in anything, but Id have to in that case.
    Gee, thanks.

Things to do list:
    1) Beat Chelsea
    2) Beat ManU
    3) Get decent owners

You'll never walk alone!
    Lavabe

Gee, thanks.

Things to do list:
    1) Beat Chelsea
    2) Beat ManU
    3) Get decent owners

You'll never walk alone!
    Lavabe
    Sorry dude. I imagine you'd feel the same had the last CL match left the bad taste in your mouth that it did for me. Not too many times do I blame anything other than the team for losing a match, but that 2 legged event was determined by the one with the whistle. Not moaning about it anymore, just giving a bit of reason for my Liverpool disgust at the moment. I really wish there were a way for Barca to pull it out, but I just don't see it happening.

To All the Liverpool fans-

Sorry about that one, it must be absolutley brutal to have it end that way. But I'm not going to complain, and I was right on the score and the Kuyt would provide the Liverpool goal. I did not expect Riise to score the one for Chelsea, but as we all know, football is unpredictable. GO BLUES!!!!

Ben 63

Thumbs down Riise?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post
    To All the Liverpool fans-

Sorry about that one, it must be absolutley brutal to have it end that way. But I'm not going to complain, and I was right on the score and the Kuyt would provide the Liverpool goal. I did not expect Riise to score the one for Chelsea, but as we all know, football is unpredictable. GO BLUES!!!!

Ben 63
    Oy... that hurt. 90th minute own goal.

That just plain old hurt.

UGH!

Bloody rotation ... Crouch on the bench.

Lavabe
    Last edited by Lavabe; 04-22-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Crouch

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    On the bright side, your 2-0 prediction was accurate, you just forgot to specify which goals Liverpool would score 2 in

I think the 1-1 result was deserved though. Chelsea had the better of the play between the areas for much of the 2nd half, but their lack of touch in the area was killing what should have been good chances. Will make for a very interesting tie back at Stamford bridge.

Oh well, either way I'm hoping for an EPL final... because we know English teams have done so well this past year playing big pressure matches in Russia

Okay, not directed to the Liverpoool fans on here (Lavabe, youre a cool guy, I just cant rub that one in to a guy like yourself) but to their OBNOXIOUS fans at the Kop, oh WOW how does that feel to think youre going to Stamford Bridge with a HUGE advantage of not giving up an away goal, only to have your own player execute a perfect diving header, at the ABSOLUTE DEATH!!!! Oh my God, I wouldn't have had it any other way! That was better than one of Chelsea's players putting it in the net. Here's to a 0-0 draw (which isn't hard to fathom with these two super attacking teams ) and then either Barca or ManU killing Chelsea in the finals.

Liverpool: The Maryland of the EPL?

I like Liverpool.

Wink I loathe Man U

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJay View Post
    Okay, not directed to the Liverpoool fans on here (Lavabe, youre a cool guy, I just cant rub that one in to a guy like yourself) but to their OBNOXIOUS fans at the Kop, oh WOW how does that feel to think youre going to Stamford Bridge with a HUGE advantage of not giving up an away goal, only to have your own player execute a perfect diving header, at the ABSOLUTE DEATH!!!! Oh my God, I wouldn't have had it any other way! That was better than one of Chelsea's players putting it in the net. Here's to a 0-0 draw (which isn't hard to fathom with these two super attacking teams ) and then either Barca or ManU killing Chelsea in the finals.
    There is a serious danger in playing for a 0-0 draw. I would welcome a chance to see Chelsea pack it in, and have most of the action occur near Petr. An even greater danger is how Terry will have to play, given that he received a yellow. He simply cannot risk another yellow. Pack it in, and I'd watch the aerial game with Crouch.

ASSUMING of course that Rafa allows Crouch to play.

It's either 2-0 Chelsea, or 0-2 Liverpool. If it's Chelsea, choose any two World Cup starters on the team (except Lampard). If it's Liverpool, Crouch and Xabi. Whichever team scores a goal first will probably get another one when the other team responds by bringing everything towards the attack.

Des: How did Gerrard play? He was coming off a neck injury, and I've seen many reports that said he was officially fit (but not really).

FWIW, if Chelsea wins, I would thoroughly wear blue in support against ManUre. I loathe the Trafford-ites.

Cheers,
    Lavabe