Thread: 24 frustration

24 frustration

I have DirecTV and an HD DVR, and I set it up to record 24 last night. It recorded it, but for some reason I didn't get any sound on the recording. Does anyone know if there will be a rebroadcast, or if there is a website somewhere that offers good summaries of the episode(s)?
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I have DirecTV and an HD DVR, and I set it up to record 24 last night. It recorded it, but for some reason I didn't get any sound on the recording. Does anyone know if there will be a rebroadcast, or if there is a website somewhere that offers good summaries of the episode(s)?
    I can summarize it for you if you like.

However, if that isn't what you're looking for, I'm pretty sure that they still do the minute by minute synopsis on fox.com. Just link to the 24 page.

Don't bother

Ugh, this was my first, and last, season of 24. It was torturous, sitting through the full hour & 30some minutes (yay DVR) of the finale. My husband asked me about 40 min. in, "do we have to watch the rest?"

But at least I feel like I can walk away now with no regrets for ditching Jack & the gang. Kiefer's long been a favorite actor of mine, going back to "Stand By Me" and "Lost Boys;" I'm sad that he's locked into his 24 contract, b/c it means he won't be doing other projects I'd actually watch.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    But at least I feel like I can walk away now with no regrets for ditching Jack & the gang. Kiefer's long been a favorite actor of mine, going back to "Stand By Me" and "Lost Boys;" I'm sad that he's locked into his 24 contract, b/c it means he won't be doing other projects I'd actually watch.
    He did the very underrated "Phone Booth" that was shot in like 5 days during his 24 break a couple years ago. I really liked that film. Sure, it had a lot about it that stretched credulity, but I thought the acting was excellent and it had some real tension considering it was just a movie about 2 guys on the phone.

Keiffer is currently shooting a movie called "Mirrors" about a mall seccurity guard trying to figure out why the mirrors in a store turn people evil. Hmmm. Seems kinda strange.

-Jason "Keiffer's voice is great-- he does a lot of voice/animation work" Evans

Jason, Jason, Jason,...

I don't like Kiefer as an actor b/c of his voice... He's some good eye-candy! (Even if he is only 5'9")

5'9"

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

(Even if he is only 5'9")
    And what exactly is wrong with being 5'9"? It's always worked very well for me.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

My Apologies

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    And what exactly is wrong with being 5'9"? It's always worked very well for me.
    Ozzie, please accept my apologies. I certainly didn't mean to imply that you weren't eye candy yourself.

(What's that saying about that beholder person?)

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    I can summarize it for you if you like.

However, if that isn't what you're looking for, I'm pretty sure that they still do the minute by minute synopsis on fox.com. Just link to the 24 page.
    Thanks, the 24 page gave me a pretty good summary. SPOILER WARNING: One question - did Jack take the component off of his dad before he left the oil platform, or did he just leave it to be destroyed by the air strike?
    "There can BE only one."

They didn't show him take it off his Dad. Not sure he even knew his Dad had it on his person. I was left with the impression he just let it go down with the assault on the oil rig, but they specifically left the scene and did not show Jack leaving his father's side, so it's open to interpretation.

NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Thanks, the 24 page gave me a pretty good summary. SPOILER WARNING: One question - did Jack take the component off of his dad before he left the oil platform, or did he just leave it to be destroyed by the air strike?
    No, not only did he not take the component off of his father, but he left him about 20 feet away from a boat that would take him off the oil rig. OK, so you don't want to drag your dying father up 50 flights of stairs to the chopper... fine. And you can't bring yourself to kill your own father.. fine. But shoot the damn boat so he can't roll his bleeding butt onto it and get away!!!!

Frick!

I think Mullet Man has just set up next season's plot. I also noticed there was some ambiguity concerning what actually happened on the oil rig platform.

BTW, so much for the theory that Doyle would replace Jack. Unless, he's a one-eyed agent, complete with pirate eye patch.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    ...replace Jack...
    This phrase has no meaning.