Page 3 of 179 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Scout for basketball recruiting, Rivals for football recruiting, ESPN for gossip and highlights.
    haha I was about to say almost the exact same thing. I like that the staff really seems to be going with the wide-net recruiting approach these days, it really takes the sting off of the occasional miss when you can just say, "well, we're still recruiting these three other guys for that spot, so we should be okay."

Just curious....

Tokoto is ranked much higher than Anderson, as are many other '12 wings. Justin's athleticism is off the charts, but he lacks the basketball skills of many of his peers.

While I agree that Tokoto is a unc lean (strong one), Duke is targeting a number of wings in that class including Alex Murphy, Shabazz Muhammad, Savon Goodman, Anderson, and to some degree Amile Jefferson. It's still early, but Murphy will be on the Duke campus this Monday so you can deduce that he is a priority target.
    At this point, is Tokoto supposed to be the best of the '12 wings?

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Tokoto is a special player and I would be surprised if he doesn't end up being the best wing player in his class.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodElite View Post
    Tokoto is a special player and I would be surprised if he doesn't end up being the best wing player in his class.
    I'd say he's the most well-rounded. Each of them have something different to offer. Luckily, we're involved with many of them early so we can monitor their progress.

Anyone remember what Kyrie was ranked after his Sophomore Year?

I believe he was in 40s to 50s 4 star on scout.

Yeah that really sucks hearing JP is a NC lean. I have seen a few videos of him and play and it looks like he is playing with kids they way he dominates!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukefan4Life View Post
    Yeah that really sucks hearing JP is a NC lean. I have seen a few videos of him and play and it looks like he is playing with kids they way he dominates!
    Well, he IS playing with kids. JP plays with the under 16s, while Shabazz and Anderson play with the under 17s. I know the 1 year doesn't seem like a big difference but in the AAU circuit, the really talented players are bumped up and the competition level and maturity on the 17 teams are much higher than the 16s.

Quote Originally Posted by studdlee10 View Post
    Well, he IS playing with kids. JP plays with the under 16s, while Shabazz and Anderson play with the under 17s. I know the 1 year doesn't seem like a big difference but in the AAU circuit, the really talented players are bumped up and the competition level and maturity on the 17 teams are much higher than the 16s.
    He plays with kids?, really?

For what I have read and hear, Justin Andersen and L.J Rose along with Tokoto for the 2012 class.. Tokoto has been in a large amount with Roy Williams and recently bypassed a trip to go to Cameron to go to UNC... I think once UNC offers him, he will be Chapel Hill bound.

As far as Andersen, he seems to be advancing the same towards Duke as Tokoto is to UNC...

This is a quote from him the Boo Williams Invitational:

Justin Anderson – When asked about his dream school Anderson replied “Duke”. Anderson is a highly ranked SF from the class of 2012. The Duke staff will be checking in on him this summer.
    http://bluedevilinsider.wordpress.co...stin-anderson/

Seems like a kid who is really intrested in playing for Duke and a kid who I think we pursue heavily and offer very soon.

As far as him vs. Tokoto... Andersen is more of athlete and is a better defender then Tokoto, but Tokoto is a slightly better shooter then Andersen. Extremely close though among talent level and ability. So it isn't really that far off

L.J Rose who Duke recently started recruiting he said he "excited" about Duke recruiting him and there is mutual intrest between both sides. Like Quincy Miller, he has many offers from different school like Arizona and Kentucky, also schools like UNC and Kansas are intrested as well.. It will be a longer, drawn out process with him I believe and maybe Rivers if stays, it will attract even more... No word on a possible visit.

Too Early to tell on these guys... There is a lot of time for these kids to be watched and then graded over the next couple seasons..

Justin Anderson is no where near as skilled as JP Tokot and he is certainly not Duke's #1 or #2 WF Recruit.

Justin Anderson is no where near as skilled as JP Tokot and he is certainly not Duke's #1 or #2 WF Recruit.
    I agree that he is not as skilled, but I think he is a lot nearer to JP than you think. JP obviously has a more polished game right now, but Justin has off-the-charts hops, overall athletic ability and has a lot of room to get better. I know that the kids in the 2012 class all have room for improvement, but Justin stands out to me in that category.

Did I say that he was there top recruit? No... What I did say was that they have a lot of mutual intrest with each other and seem like a likely fit. Rose and Tokoto, no question at this moment in time. Amile Jefferson is also up there as well, but this like I said is early on in the process.

Did you read what I said about Andersen and Tokoto? I said Andersen was more athletic then Tokoto, which many people think Andersen it is a lot closer then you think it is. He is rated higher on some scouting services, there is a reason for that, but like I said, it is extremely early in this recruitment process, give it time.

So please read before responding to my posts, thank you.

Osia,

No, you did not say that Anderson was Duke's top recruit. But you did express your opinion that Duke would offer Anderson "very soon." Inasmuch as Duke currentlly has several wings ranked higher than Anderson, this is a debatable point and was implicity addressed in Airowe's response.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Osia,

No, you did not say that Anderson was Duke's top recruit. But you did express your opinion that Duke would offer Anderson "very soon." Inasmuch as Duke currentlly has several wings ranked higher than Anderson, this is a debatable point and was implicity addressed in Airowe's response.
    Several? It depends what scouting service you are looking at.

ESPN he is the 2nd wing in the 2012 class.

Scout: 4th wing in the 2012 class.

Rivals: 4th wing in the 2012 class.

Capital Hoops: 1st wing in the 2012 class.

So in some, yes. But it is not as clear cut as you describe to be it is.

As for what I said about Andersen; There seems to be strong mutual intrest between him and Duke... I would not be surprised if he was offered due to J.P Tokoto's high intrest in UNC and he seems to be leaning away from Duke, Shabazz Muhammad is listed as being highly intrested with 4 different teams, it is seeable that we would be down between him and Jefferson, which I believe it will be. Could J.P Tokoto change his mind? Certainly, but it isn't looking it to this point.

So that's why I said that about Andersen..

For some reason you're leaving out the one '12 wing that will be visiting Duke on Monday, Alex Murphy. Anderson is absolutely very athletic, but his basketball skills are lacking. Go read DraftExpress' recent tweets about him and you will know what every scout I trust has ever said about Anderson.

plumleeesque

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    But it is not as clear cut as you describe to be it is.
    More yodaesque

Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post
    More yodaesque
    What are you saying here?

Kind of new to posting here but viewing for a while. Many of these posts are the same.

Because a guy is top 2 or 3 for his position people think he should be an automatic recruit. My question is don't you think a team, like Duke, should recruit a guy that fits Duke? I mean Wall was a top notch guy but do you really think he would have fit the Duke style?

Duke won the championship this year because they played "team" basketball but no way does Wall appear to be a "team" player. I know that many teams were after him but it seems like Duke gave up on him because they sensed something a midst with him.

Yet many posters here think because a guy is a top rated guy Duke should purse them. In all honesty, many posters appear to not have any confidence in the coaching staff in making the right recruiting decision. Do you all think you know more than the coaching staff when it comes to recruiting? Have you guys actually talked with the recruits to find out what they are thinking?

Case in point, would Duke have been better off recruiting Love over Singler? Towards the end Duke gave up on Love and went after Singler, I think they saw somethings we fans didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post
    More yodaesque
    What are you saying here?
    Read your quote out-loud; slowly and carefully:

But it is not as clear cut as you describe to be it is.

For some reason you're leaving out the one '12 wing that will be visiting Duke on Monday, Alex Murphy. Anderson is absolutely very athletic, but his basketball skills are lacking. Go read DraftExpress' recent tweets about him and you will know what every scout I trust has ever said about Anderson.
    Well, Murphy looks like he is a solid player but you have to think he isn't priority right now. He is a 3 star on Scout and unranked on ESPN with a rating of 93. Unless there's something I'm not aware of, it would appear as though we should make Anderson priority. (Shabazz and Amile are different stories though)