Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DBP: National Title Celebration

Here it is. The final seconds and some ensuing celebration.

In case you are wondering what Jon is saying to Kyle, he is saying:

"Just be you. You is Enough."
    --- The last words K told the team before winning the National Championship (during the timeout with 13.8 seconds left)

http://www.youtube.com/user/DukeBlue.../0/cchAZ3MEjEk

I watched this about an hour ago and I loved it! I really loved seeing the personal moments between the players, players & Coach K, and Coach K and his assistants. I loved watching Coach K praise Zoubs, pat his head, and jump up on him practically. I also loved the exchange between Jon and Kyle. What a great video!

The last 13 seconds from CIS, crazy video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTcdZ2oOvZ4

K to Carawell: "This is the one you didn't get"

Amazing vid!!! It was very nice to see raw emotion.

Right after watching it, I watched, "A Visit with Shane in H-Town." ONLY Battier would have photos of all the refs so he can memorize their names for games ... Who's STILL you Daddy?!

Quote Originally Posted by LSanders View Post
    Amazing vid!!! It was very nice to see raw emotion.

Right after watching it, I watched, "A Visit with Shane in H-Town." ONLY Battier would have photos of all the refs so he can memorize their names for games ... Who's STILL you Daddy?!
    Who's yo daddy? Battier!!!

For those who haven't checked it out yet, Duke Hoop episodes 1.1 - 1.4 are great mini vids done by the players also available on dukeblueplanet. Really lets you see an inside look of their daily lives, personalities, and chemistry. Man I love this team.

The end is awesome--K kissing the crystal trophy. Things got a little dusty at my computer desk.

I still get emotional after seeing Nolan hug K and Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    I still get emotional after seeing Nolan hug K and Kyle.
    OMG, I am once again, in tears. I doubt I'll ever be able to watch any vid of these past weeks without crying.
    Man, happy tears are the best!!!

I've got a really dumb question but Duke Blue Planet just tweeted this morning:
    Next DBP mag going to be a double-issue, commemorative edition celebrating the season, NCAA title.

Are these available for purchase? I looked all over the website and couldn't find a place to subscribe or purchase. I was able to view them online, are they only available online? I'd really like to have this if its available.

thanks.

Just so very proud of this team and their tenacity to succeed. Their togetherness epitomizes what a team should be. This has been a special moment in our lives as Duke fans...

Watched it 5 times. Gets better each time! Love those guys. Also love K lauding Zoubs' defense and Jon quoting Coach K, " Just be you. You is enough." Just shows what an influence he has on his players and confirms that they acknowledge it and trust him. Priceless insight.

Even better than the NC video...

...for me was the video of the Thursday before the FF. Specifically, loved watching Nolan and Jon goofing around in the tunnel on their way to practice and walking off the court after practice. It epitomized the chemistry that brought this team so close together.

I'm so glad they posted this! I was really hoping to see Carrawell's reaction because he graduated one year before the 2001 championship and he and Nate had talked about how special it would be to win one together. I feel so happy for all the coaches and staff and of course, the players.

Best TEAM ever!

Quote Originally Posted by should_be_working View Post
    I've got a really dumb question but Duke Blue Planet just tweeted this morning:
    Next DBP mag going to be a double-issue, commemorative edition celebrating the season, NCAA title.

Are these available for purchase? I looked all over the website and couldn't find a place to subscribe or purchase. I was able to view them online, are they only available online? I'd really like to have this if its available.

thanks.

Go to the bottom of the page click on Get on Blue Planet it's $35.00

This video made me wonder: Is Nate the first Dukie to win a title as a player and a coach?

By far my favorite part was K and Zoubek: "Way to defend, WAY TO DEFEND THAT!" and then grabbing Z's head and hopping up on him like a little kid. I don't if I've ever seen him look quite so happy/proud.

"We did it, Coach. We did it."

-Chris Carrawell.

Ahhhhh, I want to run around and cheer. Thank you, Eric Maynor, Joe Alexander and the nation. This is sweeter because of you.

I keep watching and tearing up at videos of the Crazies going crazy in the last few seconds. My blood pressure wanted the game to be a blowout win, but the last second "what's going to happen?" really made this even more special.
    T '05, SOM '10

I cried watching this after I figured out what Jon was saying. I loved the group hug the coaches had. I love this team. Heavy sigh.