Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What one play will you remember from this year's tournament?

What will be the one play that will stick out when you think about this tournament run. I will always remember Lance Thomas's putback against Baylor. That's when I knew we were going to the Final Four and that something special was happening. How about you guys?

There was a missed 40-footer at the buzzer that will remain pretty salient for me. Anyone else remember that?

Scheyer's tip in after Miles' miss was pretty cool but I will probably forget about it in a few weeks. Without a doubt the missed Hayward half court shot will be the most rememberable.

IMO, Hayward's shot is the most memorable play overall. And LT's tip dunk was the most memorable Duke play.

However, the series of plays I'll remember are Zoubs' kickouts for 3s against WVU will be in my mind forever. In particular when Nolan missed a 3 and Zoubs kicked it back out so he could redeem himself. It made me reminisce of when Sheldon used to kick it back out to JJ.

Has to be the last shot from hayward. But for a Duke player, it would probably be Nolan's whole performance from the baylor game. Can't really choose one.

Scheyer's Tip and block but definitely LT's dunk tip.

Singler-Plumlee double-dunk.

Oh and that missed 40-footer, but who wants to remember a missed shot

Marin Johnnie D Hurley

I will always remember Scheyer's sneaky inbounds pass to Singler for the little lay-in against Butler. S-a-v-v-y ... this year's leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange&BlackSheep View Post
    I will always remember Scheyer's sneaky inbounds pass to Singler for the little lay-in against Butler. S-a-v-v-y ... this year's leaders.
    OK, I will definitely sign on to that. It was a freebie!

Andre's walk-off-the-bench 25-footer to stop the bleeding left over from Baylor's furious end of half rally in the regional final. Without that momentous triple, I'm not so sure Baylor doesn't ride the Houston crowd into a 10-point lead at the break and beat us.

That was a monster make and it took incredible moxie for Dre to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    There was a missed 40-footer at the buzzer that will remain pretty salient for me. Anyone else remember that?
    Nominated for Understatement of the Season.

Although Zoubs D on that second to last shot was big too.

Zoubs reaction after the Heyward half-court shot.

There were several plays by Andre and Nolan against Baylor that were huge, but for some reason I can't visualize them quite as well as I can some others. Here are my top 5 (well, 6), for whatever reason:

1. Hayward's buzzer-beating miss.

2. Hayward's spin, hop, miss over Z's outstretched arm.

3. Scheyer's Battierblock. It was literally a mirror image of Sahne's... the skill and focus required to make that play is remarkable.

4. LT's tip-dunk. I think the awkwardness of it makes it more memorable, because it was just pure force of will.

5. (Tie) LT's kickout to Nolan against Baylor after Nolan missed the FT, and Nolan nailing the 3 with a follow through and smile as K slaps him on the back.

5. (Tie) Kyle's 18-foot fadeaway off a curl near the end of the Baylor game that barely even touched the net. That was just pure ice water in the veins.

It's not a play but I will remember Coach K sticking up for Zoubek in the press conference after the Butler game. Some reporter asked Zoubek about winning the NC and his up and down career. Coach K stepped in and said that he had been plagued by injuries, but had a great career and that Duke would not have won the NC without him stepping up his game.

Zoubs pulling down his last rebound in a Duke uniform. That was the moment I thought we would win.

I will always remember that I was there.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by BluBones View Post
    Zoubs pulling down his last rebound in a Duke uniform. That was the moment I thought we would win.
    A legendary poster from the early days of this site emerges to toast the championship with a nod to Zoubs. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Devil View Post
    It's not a play but I will remember Coach K sticking up for Zoubek in the press conference after the Butler game. Some reporter asked Zoubek about winning the NC and his up and down career. Coach K stepped in and said that he had been plagued by injuries, but had a great career and that Duke would not have won the NC without him stepping up his game.
    I picked up on this as well....don't remember the reporters name, but I do recall that he was from the Charlotte Observer.... for what its worth.

ARo24

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    There were several plays by Andre and Nolan against Baylor that were huge, but for some reason I can't visualize them quite as well as I can some others. Here are my top 5 (well, 6), for whatever reason:

1. Hayward's buzzer-beating miss.

2. Hayward's spin, hop, miss over Z's outstretched arm.

3. Scheyer's Battierblock. It was literally a mirror image of Sahne's... the skill and focus required to make that play is remarkable.

4. LT's tip-dunk. I think the awkwardness of it makes it more memorable, because it was just pure force of will.

5. (Tie) LT's kickout to Nolan against Baylor after Nolan missed the FT, and Nolan nailing the 3 with a follow through and smile as K slaps him on the back.

5. (Tie) Kyle's 18-foot fadeaway off a curl near the end of the Baylor game that barely even touched the net. That was just pure ice water in the veins.

The one that's in bold is the one that sticks out for me.

The reporter was Ken Tysiac.

I'll remember the Kyle/Miles double slam.