Thread: Congratulations

Congratulations

In honor of all of my friends are striken with being Duke fans I would like to send a hearty congratulations to the Duke Nation. The Devils have proven some doubters wrong. Since 2000 UNC and Duke have been in the final four 7 times and won 3 national championships. There is a good chance a 4th title in this new century is headed this way.

This is like you are about to get married, and your fiancé's ex-boyfriend come to your house and congratulate you. And you aren't quite sure how to take it.

Oh come on, it's much nicer than that.

Thanks Chris4; I have an old unc "friend" who hasn't said word one about the Final Four, so I appreciate your generous tone. Said "friend" is now squarely on my ... list.

Wouldn't it be great to make Tobacco Road even more illustrious?
    Let's Go Devils!!!
    Last edited by -jk; 03-30-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: language

Thank you.

Thank you, Chris.

Note to the basketball gods - Duke fans did not bring up the possibility of a championship. Please do not hold us responsible for thoughts of a Tar Heel.

You don't really mean it do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris4UNC View Post
    In honor of all of my friends are striken with being Duke fans I would like to send a hearty congratulations to the Duke Nation. The Devils have proven some doubters wrong. Since 2000 UNC and Duke have been in the final four 7 times and won 3 national championships. There is a good chance a 4th title in this new century is headed this way.
    Thanks, that's a nice gesture which I'm sure was difficult for you.

The national dominance of the two rival schools is even more amazing over a longer period. Going back to 1963, Duke and UNC have combined for 30 Final Four appearances in 48 years (although once they were both there the same year, so one could argue it's only 29 years out of 48). So, if you guessed at the beginning of the season that either Duke or UNC would make the Final Four, you'd be right more than 60% of the time over almost five decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris4UNC View Post
    Thank you very much, and make sure you stay away from Inside Carolina...they'd crucify you if they knew you were over here handing out congratulations.