Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 164
  1. #1

    2010 MBB Coaching Carousel

    http://kezi.com/news/local/167854

    Doubt he takes it. Bright future at MSU.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by graskewicz View Post
    http://kezi.com/news/local/167854

    Doubt he takes it. Bright future at MSU.
    Bright future? Try bright present. Since 2000 MSU has been one of the truly elite BB programs, up there with Duke, Kansas, etc etc.

  3. #3
    Agreed. Izzo's 6 of 12 is not like K's 7 of 9, but it's pretty close.

  4. #4

    Yep

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Agreed. Izzo's 6 of 12 is not like K's 7 of 9, but it's pretty close.
    Izzo's definitely one of the best. If we don't win against WVU, I'll be pulling for the winner of the other game - Izzo (well, MSU) or Butler would both be fine champs.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL

    Time for the annual Izzo rumors...

    One of these years, it'll happen. The next time the Pistons job comes open, he might go.

    I doubt it's now, with the incoming recruiting class and the players (minus Summers, who has likely played his way into the draft) coming back.

    $6 million is a ton of money. You never know. But for Izzo to uproot his entire family, wife's family, and extended family to go 2,500 miles away to a region where he has never recruited a player seems like a stretch. Not to mention the best man from his wedding is the MSU AD and he's a virtual deity in East Lansing.

    That said, you never know.

    dukemsu

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by dukemsu View Post
    One of these years, it'll happen. The next time the Pistons job comes open, he might go.

    I doubt it's now, with the incoming recruiting class and the players (minus Summers, who has likely played his way into the draft) coming back.

    $6 million is a ton of money. You never know. But for Izzo to uproot his entire family, wife's family, and extended family to go 2,500 miles away to a region where he has never recruited a player seems like a stretch. Not to mention the best man from his wedding is the MSU AD and he's a virtual deity in East Lansing.

    That said, you never know.

    dukemsu
    would msu give him a contract extension/raise to keep him?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by 94duke View Post
    would msu give him a contract extension/raise to keep him?
    They would do everything possible to keep him. Tough to outspend Phil Knight, however.

    They may call alums and ask for $20 apiece to keep the guy.

    dukemsu

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Imagine what Izzo would do with Roy's talent.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Izzo is a Michigan guy through and though. He's the face of the school's athletic program at this point, and is worshiped there. I think it would take an unbelievable scenario for him to leave MSU.

  10. #10
    Imagine what Izzo would do with OUR talent...

    s.i.

    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Imagine what Izzo would do with Roy's talent.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    He'd probably get us to the final four and be the odds on favorite to win it all.


    Oh, wait, we already have a coach that did that.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    He'd probably get us to the final four and be the odds on favorite to win it all.


    Oh, wait, we already have a coach that did that.
    Yes, Duke's not exactly hurting at the head coaching position.

    dukemsu

  13. #13
    scottdude8's Avatar
    scottdude8 is online now Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    As a former Wolverine I'd love to see Izzo leave the Sparties, but there is 0 chance it happens.
    Scott Rich on the front page

    Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

    Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Imagine what Izzo would do with Roy's talent.
    Or Coach K's Talent !!!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Or Coach K's Talent !!!
    What's the inference ... That K doesn't get the most from his guys? If so (throat clearing) ...

    I Beg to differ!!!!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Dallas
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleIrish View Post
    Imagine what Izzo would do with OUR talent...

    s.i.
    totally unbiased opinion here , but I'd say probably less than what K does

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Summit County, Colo.
    I think they'd have a far better chance at prying Mark Few away from Gonzaga.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I think they'd have a far better chance at prying Mark Few away from Gonzaga.
    That has been discussed frequently and U of O was OK offering him a big salary, but the length/security of contract he wants was not to their liking.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Izzo is the consumate homer. He's never leaving MI.

    He loves The Mitten.

Similar Threads

  1. Coaching Staff?
    By J.Blink in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-18-2009, 09:11 PM
  2. FB Coaching Carousel 2009
    By moonpie23 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
  3. Offseason Coaching Carousel
    By BlueintheFace in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 02:10 PM
  4. Annual CFB coaching carousel thread
    By throatybeard in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 11:38 AM
  5. Coaching Carousel
    By Ann Arbor Devil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 08:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •