Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by wacobluedevil View Post
    Surely not by saying "Griner has way too much testosterone. Someone should run gender tests." She has endured a season of such comments (usually much more graphic)
    Why are you so quick to assume that she doesn't have something "complicated" going on?

Why are you defending something you know nothing about?

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    UConn just annihilated Florida State by 40! They are a buzzsaw. It will be interesting to see if Baylor can hang with them - my gut says no. I am pretty sure Duke would have suffered again at their hands.
    Baylor has no chance. No team has any chance.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    UConn just annihilated Florida State by 40! They are a buzzsaw. It will be interesting to see if Baylor can hang with them - my gut says no. I am pretty sure Duke would have suffered again at their hands.
    I just saw the 40 point beatdown and it made me wonder this. Would you prefer to lose a close Elite 8 contest as the women just did or most likely lose a Final 4 showdown with UConn by 25+ in front of a more national audience? I know some will state, look at the men in 91 against UNLV. I understand that arguement to a degree but do consider that the women's field and talent is much more top heavy (see UConn, Stanford and Tenn for the better part of all these years) than the men's field has been or probably will be in the near future. Just food for thought. I would probably take my chances with a beatdown from UConn but it did cross my mind for a moment that maybe the possible embarassment wouldn't be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDukie View Post
    I just saw the 40 point beatdown and it made me wonder this. Would you prefer to lose a close Elite 8 contest as the women just did or most likely lose a Final 4 showdown with UConn by 25+ in front of a more national audience? I know some will state, look at the men in 91 against UNLV. I understand that arguement to a degree but do consider that the women's field and talent is much more top heavy (see UConn, Stanford and Tenn for the better part of all these years) than the men's field has been or probably will be in the near future. Just food for thought. I would probably take my chances with a beatdown from UConn but it did cross my mind for a moment that maybe the possible embarassment wouldn't be worth it.
    I tried to bring up the same point last night but you did a MUCH better job of putting it in to words than I did!

I kind of asked if the loss was a HUGE deal since UCONN would be next. You brought up an excellent point about the national media and a beat down. When UCONN played Temple last weekend (I think it was like 90-36) the broadcasters were talking about how this will help Temple bring in recruits...I question that...

I see both sides of the argument, and I love to hear everyone's thoughts. Tough loss for Duke but they had a great year!

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    Why are you so quick to assume that she doesn't have something "complicated" going on?

Why are you defending something you know nothing about?
    Because when reasonable people know nothing, they keep their fool mouths shut.

I would hope that this forum would aspire to reasonableness.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Because when reasonable people know nothing, they keep their fool mouths shut.
    Which applies in both directions, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDukie View Post
    I also wondered the same. Right now everyone is getting blown out by UConn. The magnitude of the UNLV loss was somewhat unexpected and made the subsequent team want to get back. Still Duke learned a lot by losing to Baylor. They will be a better team because of it- because they were 4 minutes from a FF. That will keep them focused all summer.

I think we've beaten this carcass enough.

-jk