Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i hope the team/staff/fans don't take ANY upcoming game lightly...
    dang straight - villanova and vanderbilt and georgetown...

The Sun-Sentinal showed Duke as a 23 point favorite.

18 and 4 over the last 22 games...

Duke? Well, yes, but also Arkansas PB. After an 0-11 start, they have won 18 of 22 to come into the game with an 18-15 record.

Don't snooze, Devils.

athletic teams that pressure full court and play zone give us trouble. that said, if we attack the zone, get good shots, and grab offensive rebs we'll be in good shape. i think our defense and rebounding ability will be the difference, as it has been all year long.

also, look for K to get some early minutes for dre and the plumlees. hopefully ryan kelly too.

What are the chances that APB gives us some scares?

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    What are the chances that APB gives us some scares?
    Roughly 28%.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Roughly 28%.
    Damn, I thought it was 19% at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I cannot imagine the team or staff taking anything lightly. Even though I do not think they will have too many hard physical practices given the stretch we just played, I am sure that they are going over the game plan right now.

K's teams, if anything, are prepared.
    I think they are focused.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=32446

Duke needs to come out with the attitude of destroying Ark-PB and destroying them early. They need to attack them like they attacked UNC in the last regular season game and they need to attack them for 40 minutes.

We know that Duke is no longer feared, they are viewed as an opportunity to make history on. Ark-PB has 8 guys that would love to play Eric Maynor and knock off the most hated team in America and be the first 16 to knock of a 1. This is a dangerous combination that can only be countered by sheer ruthlessness.

Duke needs to play with a chip on its shoulder. Everyone says they have the easiest bracket, but they didn't deserve a number one seed, they haven't proved anything since 2004. I would love this team to play with a killer instinct. The kind that would make Darth Vader proud.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    I would love this team to play with a killer instinct. The kind that would make Darth Vader proud.
    Assuming, of course, you're referring to Empire Strikes Back Darth Vader, wiping out incompetent generals and employing "harsh interrogation tactics" on Han Solo, not touchy-feely "it's too late for me" Return of the Jedi Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by Leck View Post
    athletic teams that pressure full court and play zone give us trouble. that said, if we attack the zone, get good shots, and grab offensive rebs we'll be in good shape. i think our defense and rebounding ability will be the difference, as it has been all year long.

also, look for K to get some early minutes for dre and the plumlees. hopefully ryan kelly too.
    I don't recall any athletic teams that pressure full court and play zone giving us any trouble this year. Georgetown and Wisconsin played man-to-man half-court. Tech played mosly man, though they pressed some. Clemson presses more than anyone and we were 2-0 against them. Which athletic teams gave us trouble with pressure and a zone?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

A once small town in GA that is slowly being usurped by the growing concretion that is Atlanta

Open practice - photos

Some photos from Thursday's open practice in Jacksonville.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice Photos

Thx for the great photos. Looks like the place was pretty empty?

A once small town in GA that is slowly being usurped by the growing concretion that is Atlanta
    Thanks. There were probably several hundred people there, but most were sitting on the same side that I was, so the other side looks pretty empty. From what I heard from a few people who had been there all day (including a couple of stadium workers), Duke had the largest crowd by far, and arguably the most intense practice session. As has become their custom at open practices in the tournament, the team took a few minutes after practice to express their appreciation to the crowd, throw out a bunch of t-shirts, and give signed souvenir basketballs to several kids (who were THRILLED to get them).

Below are a few more photos -- a series that I like to call "Anatomy of a Three Pointer."

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    I'm heading down to Jacksonville now to cover the game for The Chronicle... here's a link to my initial thoughts on the weekend.

http://sports.chronicleblogs.com/201...dukes-weekend/
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    Duke needs to come out with the attitude of destroying Ark-PB and destroying them early. They need to attack them like they attacked UNC in the last regular season game and they need to attack them for 40 minutes.

We know that Duke is no longer feared, they are viewed as an opportunity to make history on. Ark-PB has 8 guys that would love to play Eric Maynor and knock off the most hated team in America and be the first 16 to knock of a 1. This is a dangerous combination that can only be countered by sheer ruthlessness.

Duke needs to play with a chip on its shoulder. Everyone says they have the easiest bracket, but they didn't deserve a number one seed, they haven't proved anything since 2004. I would love this team to play with a killer instinct. The kind that would make Darth Vader proud.
    Well-stated. I'd really like to see them make this a "statement" game to send a message to CAL/Louisville and others to come...... Focus - focus - focus!!

I trust our Senior leadership to ensure that. Starting three Seniors and two Juniors, this team should play composed and focused. It's the other guys who should be nervous. Fingers crossed.

I agree that it will be important for the bench to gain some confidence tonight, but if practice is any indication, they're pretty pumped up. One of the photos that I sent to DBR last night is of Dawkins' attempted dunk over Zoubek in practice (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=32470) mentioned in Tim Hall's article.

By the way, is The Chronicle sending a photographer with you this weekend? I look forward to your updates throughout the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 86devils View Post
    Thanks. There were probably several hundred people there, but most were sitting on the same side that I was, so the other side looks pretty empty. From what I heard from a few people who had been there all day (including a couple of stadium workers), Duke had the largest crowd by far, and arguably the most intense practice session. As has become their custom at open practices in the tournament, the team took a few minutes after practice to express their appreciation to the crowd, throw out a bunch of t-shirts, and give signed souvenir basketballs to several kids (who were THRILLED to get them).

Below are a few more photos -- a series that I like to call "Anatomy of a Three Pointer."

How did scheyer look in practice?

Quote Originally Posted by strawbs View Post
    How did scheyer look in practice?
    He looked relaxed, but focused, in my opinion. When he was shooting, he wasn't hitting a lot a first, but shots began to fall later. When the team was running the floor (looked like they were working on transitions), he was making some good passes and took quite a few lay-ups as well. The last thing I remember him working on was driving to the basket (see photos below). I definitely noticed his leadership during the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Assuming, of course, you're referring to Empire Strikes Back Darth Vader, wiping out incompetent generals and employing "harsh interrogation tactics" on Han Solo, not touchy-feely "it's too late for me" Return of the Jedi Vader.
    I would like to see the newly anointed Darth Vader who slaughtered the younglings at the Jedi Temple. That is the level of dominance I am looking for. I think Z can provide the necessary physicality.