Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I couldn't be more excited and proud to be a Duke fan right now! To see 4 seniors play for 4 years and the seniors coming together to lead this team to a victory against the tarheels was great!

They showed the clip that Roy said how could it get worse...well Roy it just did...they are discussing UNC as a bubble team for the NIT... I didn't realize that conversation even existed!

I was also excited to see and hear that Nolan said screw it all I'm back next year. I see what 4 years can do for me! Kyle we need you and you need Duke!!!

Thanks to Jon, Lance, Brian and Jordan! You deserve this!

Go Duke and GTHCGTH!!!!

All is now right with the world- the basketball gods have righted the wrong. I could not imagine a blowout this dominating- and not sure I have ever seen one in this rivalry this one-sided. Carolina was never in the game at any moment- never made a real run. Amazing. Time to celebrate- get some deserved rest and prepare for the ACC tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    "They demolish Carolina" -- Dan Schulman
    My favorite line of the night Second place? Comparing Brian Zoubek to Dr. J. Good stuff!

I saw at least Kyrie and Josh behind the Duke bench... anyone else have a firsthand on who was there?

That "Carolina is Terrible" clip was really, really brutal... cannot remember ever seeing a piece like that on a team that is doing badly.

Quote Originally Posted by somf4eva View Post
    so which recruits were there? Where were they sitting?
    I saw Irving and one of the other recruits (Hairston) directly behind the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by sivartrenrag View Post
    Anyone know where we can see the senior speeches?
    Go to http://www.espntriangle.com/ and click on the "Listen Live" link under 620 the buzz

(edit: can listen only, no video)

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    I'll give Roy credit for another thing: stopping to say something nice to the seniors during the after-game hand shake.
    Yea I think he mouthed "Its been a pleasure to watch you for 4 years" or something like that to Jon

cutting down the nets!

Great game- everyone played well overall
    Great, undefeated season at home- best ever 17-0!
    ACC regular season championship and 26-5
    Looking forward to next weekend!

Most difficult decision now will be how many times to rewatch on ESPN 360 before going to bed. Probably at least twice!

ACC REGULAR SEASON CO-CHAMPS!

That's a first for these guys, let's keep it rolling!

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Go to http://www.espntriangle.com/ and click on the "Listen Live" link under 620 the buzz

(edit: can listen only, no video)
    Thanks! Has it started yet? It's in commercial break right now - I'm guessing they haven't given the speeches yet. I just don't want to miss them.

Jon, Brian, Lance, Jordan: Thanks for the memories!

Bright Spot for UNC-CH

They should get an easier match up in the ACC-Big 10 shootout next year.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by sivartrenrag View Post
    Thanks! Has it started yet? It's in commercial break right now - I'm guessing they haven't given the speeches yet. I just don't want to miss them.
    Unfortunately they're over. Not sure if these will be archived anywhere.

Each of the players thanked their families, teammates, and the fans. Jon said it's been an amazing ride but they're not done. Brian thanked his girlfriend for her support and that got quite a reaction from the crowd; most of the guys probably started looking for her.

It was great to see the emotion all night, and for the recruits to see what they will be or can be a part of.

Jon Scheyer on the radio right now!

Highlights:

He said at half he was mad at himself for missing his assignment on Ginyard and leaving him open for that 3.

Zoubek is a monster. "He gets me easy shots every game."

"We can't have a hangover from this game."

"Enjoy tonight, but we need to move on."

"We want to put banners up. We have a bunch of more goals."

I'm so proud of our guys! We came out on fire with our defense and The Big 3 hitting 3's automatically. Kyle and Nolan were so good for us in the first half! They reached their season averages in the first half alone, and I think their play really took the pressure off our seniors. It allowed them to get their bearings emotionally and focus on the game.

Kyle with 25 pts, 2 assists, 2 turnovers, 2 rebounds

Jon with 20 pts, 7 assists, 0 turnovers, and 5 rebounds

Nolan with 20 pts, 5 assists, 0 turnovers, 1 steal, and 4 rebounds

Zoubs with 8 pts, 1 assists, 2 turnovers, 2 blocks, and 13 rebounds

New school record at home...17-0...such an accomplishment for these guys!

What an AWESOME Senior Night for Jon, Lance, Zoubs, and Jordan!!! THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

I found it kind of fitting that Lance's last play in CIS was a defensive play.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Brian thanked his girlfriend for her support and that got quite a reaction from the crowd; most of the guys probably started looking for her.
    have you seen her!?! zoubek landed himself a trophy!

I think the only thing that could top this game, would be doing the exact same thing to maryland in the acc championship

Best College Gameday halftime report ever. Two stat sheets destroyed. Hats exchanged.

Does anyone know where I can find the Bob Harris call of the game to download or stream?

In Coach K's postgame comments, he mentioned how nervous he was during the day, just wanting so much for the seniors to go out with a win. This group is really close to the Coach's heart; clearly a special experience and a special year ...with more to come!

Smile Whatever...

Originally posted by ChicagoHeel: Exactly. With no disrespect intended, Duke played hard, but didn't play that great- none of the big three shot lights out and other than Zoubek you had no significant contributions from anyone else and you still won by thirty. We are just so woefully bad it's hard to comprehend.
    Works for me!

sagegrouse
    'Not "endangered," but merely a "candidate species" for becoming endangered according to Interior Secretary Ken Salazar'

My favorite sign: "Get Your Life Together"
    Quel est si drole de la paix, de l'amour, et de la comprehension?