Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Gerald Henderson beats Michael Jordan

in H.O.R.S.E, after practice.

Good article with some great quotes from both sides...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100301/...bobcats_jordan
    "There can BE only one."

Jordan has got to be one of the most ruthlessly competitive people in all of sports.

Good for Gerald... especially the golf course shot afterwards

Maybe Jordan will let Larry Brown put Henderson in the game now.

Extra cash

Not that Gerald needs any extra cash, he could however fill his pockets by taking jordan to the nearest golf course. With jordan's competiveness and propensity to wage a few dollars, Gerald could take him at golf as he did in the H.O.R.S.E. game. Hope Gerald gets some playing time but I doubt it. Go Duke!

Even though I was never a big fan of Michael Jordan, I really think that his decision to buy the Bobcats was a great idea. I am also glad that he decided to draft Gerald Henderson, maybe he'll get over his Duke hate one of these days.

Charlotte, NC

Quote Originally Posted by loldevilz View Post
    Even though I was never a big fan of Michael Jordan, I really think that his decision to buy the Bobcats was a great idea. I am also glad that he decided to draft Gerald Henderson, maybe he'll get over his Duke hate one of these days.
    is Tar Heel territory. Now with jordan and larry brown in charge, it will be a death sentence for any Duke player to be drafted by the tarcats. As for jordan getting over his Duke hate, don't count on it. Go Duke!

jordan and brown had rather lose a draft choice and sit a Duke guy. Go Duke!

Obviously not since they were the ones who drafted Henderson and Larry Brown specifically wanted him

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    is Tar Heel territory. Now with jordan and larry brown in charge, it will be a death sentence for any Duke player to be drafted by the tarcats. As for jordan getting over his Duke hate, don't count on it. Go Duke!

Wow. Tell us how you really feel.
    "There can BE only one."

Look, I've hated on the Bobcats as much as anyone, and that goes double for all the tarheel affiliated people involved, but they wouldn't waste a first round pick on G unless they were going to play him. If they were really being petty here they just wouldn't have drafted them. Think about how badly they needed good players. They wouldn't have passed on that just to screw with G and Duke fans. Anyone who legitimately thinks this is whats going on...I just don't have words to describe it, honestly. At least none that are board appropriate.

Well

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Look, I've hated on the Bobcats as much as anyone, and that goes double for all the tarheel affiliated people involved, but they wouldn't waste a first round pick on G unless they were going to play him. If they were really being petty here they just wouldn't have drafted them. Think about how badly they needed good players. They wouldn't have passed on that just to screw with G and Duke fans. Anyone who legitimately thinks this is whats going on...I just don't have words to describe it, honestly. At least none that are board appropriate.
    maybe I did exaggerate somewhat about the ex-holes wasting a draft choice but it was just my way of saying how much I dislike(understatement) the Tar Heels. To me a post about unc is nothing to get so serious about. There are many many unc posts making fun of them. Next time I'll add lol with my post. Duke Basketball is just the opposite. I take everything Duke serious. So I'm sorry my post irrated you so much. Go Duke!

maybe he'll get over his Duke hate one of these days.
    Did you see his hall of fame speech? Jordan's clearly not very good at "getting over" anything.

I just wanted to post the video...this Gerald-Jordan stuff is starting to make me a Bobcats fan

http://www.bobcatsbreak.com/?p=1851

Quote Originally Posted by dukeENG2003 View Post
    Did you see his hall of fame speech? Jordan's clearly not very good at "getting over" anything.
    This is so true it hurts.

Just be sure Jordan never reads this...he might never let it go!

Read Halberstram's book on Jordan. In the '86 draft Jordan was livid that the Bulls took Brad Sellers over Johnny Dawkins.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    Read Halberstram's book on Jordan. In the '86 draft Jordan was livid that the Bulls took Brad Sellers over Johnny Dawkins.
    MJ represents pretty hard but overall he's a good guy with good sense. It's just unfortunate that he went to UNC instead of Duke.

Good job G!

Jordan's competitive streak is at sociopathic levels. He'll get G back plenty.

Nice to score the first one, G.

dukemsu

MJ does have a steel-woven competitive streak....but as the old saying goes, "it takes one to know one"...

i'm pretty sure that if G showed MJ a similar ruthlessness, mj would respect and reward that...

So beating Jordan in H.O.R.S.E. earns Gerald a starting position, right? I wish. Hasn't been the same this year without seeing G in the highlights. Can only imagine how fun the Blue Devils would be him in the lineup. POY? I'm confident he'd take Jordan on the golf course too.

MJ represents pretty hard but overall he's a good guy with good sense. It's just unfortunate that he went to UNC instead of Duke.
    i think it's pretty fortunate. as a basketball player his accomplishments are unparalelled, but as a human being he's a pretty lousy role model. did you watch that hof speech? plus, the rumors of gambling and womanizing, accompanied with his 'sociopathic' competitiveness don't lead me to believe that he's really a 'good guy.'

chuck klosterman has an interesting take on why we expect different things from athletes : http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...sterman/060314

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotian View Post
    i think it's pretty fortunate. as a basketball player his accomplishments are unparalelled, but as a human being he's a pretty lousy role model. did you watch that hof speech? plus, the rumors of gambling and womanizing, accompanied with his 'sociopathic' competitiveness don't lead me to believe that he's really a 'good guy.'

chuck klosterman has an interesting take on why we expect different things from athletes : http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...sterman/060314
    Sociopathic competitiveness? This is almost as overblown as calling Coach K pure evil. Last time I checked he wasn't hurting anybody to win. Like K he's a motivation speaker and figure. I never said he was a good role model but overall he's probably a decent human being. As for womanizing and gambling, he's only human. Seriously, for most of America and the world MJ has been an inspiration of excellence, cut him some slack.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of any Duke haters and I'm thrilled to see G take on MJ.