Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Lost: Lighthouse

Figured I would start the thread early so folks would know where to post their comments. Each episode gets its own thread, ok people?

Interesting title to this one. Seeing as we have not seen a Lighthouse yet on the show, I will be interested in seeing ths explained.

--Jason "answers, we want answers!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

"answers, we want answers!"
    Answers? You want answers? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE ANSWERS!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I love Hurley. Obi Wan. Ha!!!

I hate jack, he ruins everything for his own selfish reasons. SMH

So that confirms one hypothesis. Claire has been living with smokey. When we saw Claire with Christian, that was smokey in Christian form, as suspected.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    So that confirms one hypothesis. Claire has been living with smokey. When we saw Claire with Christian, that was smokey in Christian form, as suspected.
    Maybe, although she was very careful to distinguish between Christain and "her friend." That could just be a Smokey trick, though.

Figured I would start the thread early so folks would know where to post their comments. Each episode gets its own thread, ok people?

Interesting title to this one. Seeing as we have not seen a Lighthouse yet on the show, I will be interested in seeing ths explained.

--Jason "answers, we want answers!" Evans
    I found that episode disappointing. Apparently, we will get "answers" next week. Were there any big reveals at all? Did anyone not think Claire was going to give the guy the axe? And what about Dogan? Does his appearance in the alt-timeline mean he is a contemporary of the Lostaways and, therefore, brought to the island relatively recently?

I suppose I should start googling for hi-res screen captures of the names on the lighthouse wheel...

Quote Originally Posted by JG Nothing View Post
    I found that episode disappointing. Apparently, we will get "answers" next week. Were there any big reveals at all? Did anyone not think Claire was going to give the guy the axe? And what about Dogan? Does his appearance in the alt-timeline mean he is a contemporary of the Lostaways and, therefore, brought to the island relatively recently?
    Well, the numbers are related to the directions on the lighthouse. So we've got that going for us. I am comfortable that Smokey=Christian=Claire.

I liked the episode. Jacob knew Jack would react that way, I think. Loved the flash sideways as well. It shows that things have been different for a very long time.

Was the Hurley comment on Adam and Eve a red herring nod to a long rumored explanation of those 2, or a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    Well, the numbers are related to the directions on the lighthouse. So we've got that going for us. I am comfortable that Smokey=Christian=Claire.

I liked the episode. Jacob knew Jack would react that way, I think. Loved the flash sideways as well. It shows that things have been different for a very long time.

Was the Hurley comment on Adam and Eve a red herring nod to a long rumored explanation of those 2, or a hint?
    But numbers = direction is not particularly significant unless I'm missing something. Are you suggesting that Smokey is Claire with your equation? The flashsideways are also interesting because the lives of some of the Lostaways seems much better. Locke comes to terms with his disability, Hurley is confident and happy, and Jack seems much more self-aware and reconciles with his son.
    I really don['t like Jacob and need a good reason to justify my feelings. His optimism about human beings grates on my cynical soul. I'm going to say his bringing the Lostaways to the Island and all the others before them amounts to toying with people's lives (which in the case of Locke, Jack, and Hurley would have been better in the alt-timeline).
    Oh, I think Hurley's comment was red herring.

Is there any speculation about who Jack's wife is? Are we to assume it's still Sarah (I think that was her name), or do you think there will be a twist and it's actually Juliet or some other character we've met before...

So, we all think the name at 108 is Hume, right? I mean they've got to get Desmond back involved with the show somehow!

Everyone noticed Rousseau's name crossed out just a few degrees away from Jack's name, right?

Best moment of the episode-- Hurley: "I'm a candidate and I can do what I want." Ha!!

So, Jacob appears to have recruited Hurley and Jack so far. Smokey has Claire and Sawyer on his side. more recruits are needed before the "battle" begins.

-Jason "I can't believe there are only like 12 hours of Lost left... lots of answers needed NOW" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I liked the episode. Claire can't be Smokey, because we see here in the final scene with FLocke, right?

So the numbers represent angles on the lighthouse wheel, and Jacob manipulated the lottery won by Hurley with "the numbers". If he (Jacob) has any insight into tonight's PowerBall drawing, he should feel free to contact me sometime today and let me know! Reach out and touch me, Jacob!

I loved Hurley's Obi Wan comment. And Jack's acceptance of it as a fact.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Oh, my other favorite moment was when Jack and Hurley came across Adam and Eve and Hurley said, "dude, what if we time traveled into the past and those bodies are us!" Hurley is full of lines that are 100% directed to the fans on the internet.

Only moment before Hurley said that, I reminded my wife of my theory from season 1 that the last scene of Lost will be Jack and Kate in the past hanging out in the caves by themselves and holding onto black and white stones.

Now, I have grown to believe that this theory is wrong, but it was kinda funny to mention it and then have Hurley reference it on the show. Made us laugh.

One quick comment about the alt timeline-- everyone seems to have pretty great lives in that timeline. Have we seen anyone who is worse off? Maybe Kate, but that is about it.

Claire is totally going to take her dynamite and blow up the Temple... cool!

-Jason "if I see one more commerical that promises answers only to be followed by an episode with NO ANSWERS, I may have to hunt down and kill the people in the ABC promo department" Evans

Funny moment--

When Dogen mumbles something in Japanese to Hurley and then storms off, Lostpedia says what he said was "You're lucky that I have to protect you. Otherwise I'd have cut your head off."

Also, despite my theory that Hume was number 108, it turns out that 108 is someone unknown named "Wallace." Also, number 108 has been crossed out so presumably, Wallace has been eliminated as a candidate.

Oh goodie, another new character to meet. Grrrrrr.

Other numbers on the wheel, according to Lostpedia:

Austen (Kate) is at #51 and is NOT CROSSED OUT.
    Burke (Juliet) is at #58, crossed out.
    Faraday (Daniel) is at #101, crossed out.
    Lewis (Charlotte) is at #104, crossed out.
    Friendly (Tom, who was an other and was killed by Saswyer) is at #109, crossed out.
    Linus (Ben) is at #117, crossed out even though he is still alive. I guess killing Jacob takes you off the list
    Dawson (Michael) is at #124, crossed out.
    Littleton (Claire or perhaps Aaron??!?!) is at #313, crossed out though they both remain alive.

Many of these went by so quickly there is no way the regular audience could notice them. Some of these may ahve been easter egg jokes for fanboys like all of us

--Jason "apparently, the images Jack saw in the mirror before he saw his home were Sun and Jin's wedding location and the church where Sawyer's parents were burried" Evans

Austen is 51.

Also, despite my theory that Hume was number 108, it turns out that 108 is someone unknown named "Wallace." Also, number 108 has been crossed out so presumably, Wallace has been eliminated as a candidate.
    According to Lostpedia...Wallace is a surname of Scottish origin meaning "Welsh".

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    Is there any speculation about who Jack's wife is? Are we to assume it's still Sarah (I think that was her name), or do you think there will be a twist and it's actually Juliet or some other character we've met before...
    I thought Jack met Sarah too recently in the main timeline for David to be their son - I could be wrong. I'm not sure we ever had a really good date for when they got together. Plus, I suppose in the alt timeline, they could have gotten together earlier.

I'm a sucker for those dad-son reconciliation stories, so i liked the episode. Did anyone else laugh when Jack walked into the music hall past a sign that read "Welcome all candidates"?

OK, so Sayid and Miles are the only Losties left at the temple when Claire and Flocke/MIB get there or will Ben, Sun, etc all meet up for a battle royale at the temple in the next couple episodes?

I also assumed that Desmond would be 108. I'm very curious who this Wallace person is. Carmen perhaps?
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

I find this a bit funny, according to Lostpedia:

Inscribed above the lighthouse reflector: seus siyd dadru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi. Read backwards, it says "I show not your face but your daddy issues."