Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Lack of UNC Hate

I have lurked here for some time and it seems that many of you have become pretty complacent with not hating on UNC.

I dont know if you have lost your edge or perhaps have moved away from the hostility of UNC fans but you will never (other than objectively discussing aspects of the program) hear me compliment the UNC program for the hell of it.

I still have to endure the irrational raging hatred of UNC fans during discussions or while watching games. Threads like "UNC players I have Liked" make me sick. We will always be outnumbered by these idiots and I, for one, wont give them an inch without them hearing from me.

Being a Duke fan did not plant the seeds of contempt, being around UNC fans did.

The dejected look on a UNC fans face is my reason for living; specifically when Duke is the cause.

LOUNGE UP DUKE FANS!!

Here, here . .

Brother! I will not root for them even if it means something good for Duke or the ACC in general. I have tried in the past, and when it comes down to it, I can't. I don't like any Tarheel while they are playing for the Tarheels. Otherwise, I will root for them to do well if they are playing for my pro team. If not, they can rot! While we're at it, can we change the color of the icons to something other than that ugly shade of blue?

my tarheel hatred is a live and well, worry not. GTHC!

I can assure you as well that my absolute hatred of all things Carolina is alive and seething...

Unc

I have lurked here for some time and it seems that many of you have become pretty complacent with not hating on UNC.

I dont know if you have lost your edge or perhaps have moved away from the hostility of UNC fans but you will never (other than objectively discussing aspects of the program) hear me compliment the UNC program for the hell of it.

I still have to endure the irrational raging hatred of UNC fans during discussions or while watching games. Threads like "UNC players I have Liked" make me sick. We will always be outnumbered by these idiots and I, for one, wont give them an inch without them hearing from me.

Being a Duke fan did not plant the seeds of contempt, being around UNC fans did.

The dejected look on a UNC fans face is my reason for living; specifically when Duke is the cause.

LOUNGE UP DUKE FANS!!

Okay you can offend my masculinity, call me a wuss, a liberal and perhaps even insult my mother. But NEVER, EVER doubt my hate for all things UNC! The moderators for the sake of decency promote level headed discussion as they should which keeps most of us from expressing our true feelings. (So not to get banned.) But suffice it to say if Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Adolph Hitler, Fidel Castro and the emperor Caligula got together and formed a basketball team....then got Lucifer himself to coach. I'd pull for them over UNC any day! A lot of us old timers pulled for the USSR national team when they played UNC years ago. We knew Russia was at the time our enemy. But there are so many fruitcake weirdos in Chapel Hill it doesn't qualify as planet earth. I love Duke, but I hate UNC more!

Go to hell Carolina, go to hell!

lol latta. you have an unfortunate user name as it invokes the image of a certain female basketball player but nonetheless, props for the thoroughly entertaining post.

Oh yeah, I hate UNC too. I spent three months in freezing conditions under a flimsy tent, just to watch my beloved Devils lose to the Heels. Funny how one game can generate enough hatred for a lifetime...

It's difficult to sustain hate like that over your whole life. Hating UNC really hard is kind of Ugrad. It's a stage you go through, a stage you must go though. But by the time you're in your late 20s or whatever, who's got the energy?

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I don't "hate" UNC or anyone else. I dislike UNC, very strongly. I never root for UNC and never will. Hate them? No. Hate is so debilitating. UNC does not deserve that much of my energy.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    It's difficult to sustain hate like that over your whole life. Hating UNC really hard is kind of Ugrad. It's a stage you go through, a stage you must go though. But by the time you're in your late 20s or whatever, who's got the energy?
    Perhaps it is because I am surrounded by UNC fans and they tend to bring out the best in me.

I pee on snotty UNC fans in my dreams.

I'll say this. It gets easier to put the rivalry out of your head if you move away from North Carolina.

Being a Duke fan/alumnus is not a fun status the last few years. But in North Carolina, you might as well be doing it with a "verbal abuse welcome" sign around your neck, if you've got any Duke gear on. So yeah, it is a lot easier for those of us who split.
    Last edited by throatybeard; 05-08-2007 at 04:33 PM.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

If you don't like "hate," try this...

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I don't "hate" UNC or anyone else. I dislike UNC, very strongly. I never root for UNC and never will. Hate them? No. Hate is so debilitating. UNC does not deserve that much of my energy.
    How do I loathe UNC, let me count the waves.

I went through that phase of not having enough energy. Then my daughter was teased by UNC masses at a summer camp. That energized it for the family.

Unfortunately, we now live in a district whose high school colors are those of the Chapel Hill-ians. YCCH!

Cheers and loathe,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    [begin outrage] Hate, despise, loathe, do not respect, and generally wish for pain and suffering would describe my feelings.

Dislike? Go have a pillow fight or something

Well aren't you just mr mature. And actually you're very wrong. My folks both went to Duke and they HATE UNC with a passion. [/still fuming]

I am a physician at a children's hospital and still I put my GTHC sticker on the door of my office. I also have one inside the office, hanging on my bookshelf.

I'll say this. It gets easier to put the rivalry out of your head if you move away from North Carolina.
    That's fairly true. Out here, Washington & Washington State claim to be rivals, but I see nothing even remotely close to the hatred/loathing stemming from the Duke/UNC rivalry. I laugh at their disgust for one another -- it's barely impolite sneering in comparison. Not too many people out here have any ties to one NC school or another, so I only get ragged on by Duke-haters, who are few and far between.

As for my loathing of UNC, it's born out of a bit of mutual respect. We each know we know who's better, and that's that. In regards to Maryland fans, I just hate 'em. Hate 'em all.

I have to say, I am put off by the idiot Carolina fans whose posts I have read. You see their stupid, blinding hatred, which renders them unable to see any sort of truth or moderation, and all I can think of is "God I am glad that isn't me."

I disagree. For me, hating unc was kind of fourth grade or so, and I forgot to ever outgrow it. I do not root for the holes for ACC pride or any other such reason. I love Duke more than I hate unc, but my kuralonna hatred is plenty strong.

I do. And I'm 43.

Go to Hell Carolina, Go to Hell !!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Gordog

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    I have to say, I am put off by the idiot Carolina fans whose posts I have read. You see their stupid, blinding hatred, which renders them unable to see any sort of truth or moderation, and all I can think of is "God I am glad that isn't me."

Absolutely, positively spot on, Lord Ash. Go to the ESPN's CBB message boards and get a taste of what these idiots have to say. I think when you hear Carolina fans and how moronic and blinding their hate for Duke is, you simply feel good that you're not that ignorant. I mean, Duke fans hate Carolina, but they're also realistic. There are Carolina fans who honestly believe Coach K is a racist. Literally. Then there are those that believe UNLV threw the game in '91 and that's the only reason Duke won it that year. Or those who call us out for not scheduling anyone when our RPI SOS was #3 in the nation last year. They're just not logical. As much as everyone here hates Carolina, there comes a certain point where you can put it in perspective. Carolina fans cannot. And it's called an inferiority complex...

My hate is thick, unending, and merciless. Moderators, hold me back.

Oddly enough

what actually tempered my hate, built from years of frustrating losses to the dreaded Holes/Tools during the Dean years was when I attended grad school at UNC. But instead of displacing my hatred with a begrudging respect, it was pity that overcame me when encountering the poor unwashed masses of state supported education in the flesh. I sort of felt like Jesus among the lepers and did what I could to touch their souls and relieve their misery. I'm pretty sure they were grateful.