Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tar Heels' Silver Unis?

Anyone seen these yet?

Burgundy vs Silver

I sure hope the burgundy proves too much for the silver to outshine tonight.

http://twitpic.com/15406a

Yes, it appears they are celebrating the 25th anniversary of a shoe release. Words fail.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post

Yes, it appears they are celebrating the 25th anniversary of a shoe release. Words fail.
    And their fan base criticizes Krzyzewski for being too "commercial" for doing a couple of commercials... Their seems to be no limit to their hypocrisy!

Will they raise a banner commemorating "the shoe?"

BTW the Helms Foundation has voted the "air jordan" the best shoe of the 20th century, finding that LESS than 23% of athletes wearing air jordans suffered career ending ankle or foot injuries.

Dean = "the nose"

MJ = "the shoe"

ol' roy = "the huck"

Let me take this opportunity to point out that I changed the title of this thread by removing the uncreative, and implicitly profane reference to the UNC mascot. Look, I hate Carolina more than most people. I live here. I have to deal with their fans and all the damn ugly baby blue around town and all the snide people who work at Duke but root for UNC. I get that its THE rivalry.

But there is no reason that we should use the word "Tar Heels" to describe UNC. It is no better that "D - 0 - O - K." or "Rat Face". Yes, they are our rivals, and yes we do hate them, but we should, at the very least, show them the respect that we would expect to receive ourselves.

I am tired of logging onto this Duke board to see a front page dominated by UNC subject threads. I am tired of people saying, "OMG... UNC sucks! Woo-hoo!" But I can't do anything about that. What I can do, is purge that ridiculous word as much as possible from posts and thread titles

I will do so until the owners tell me to stop.

We are better than that.

Carry on.
    WWJDD?

This is some pretty crass commercialization. It's like saying Jordan is more important than the college institution. They couldn't have incorporated any blue into the uniform?

That said, as a young man, that gear is straight up dope! If I was 3-4 years younger (and not allergic to all things UNC) I would be drooling over all that stuff.

Silver Fish?

Hi,

Silver Heels for some reason reminded me of "silver fish,"...it is a kind of bug.

GO DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kewlswim View Post
    Hi,

Silver Heels for some reason reminded me of "silver fish,"...it is a kind of bug.

GO DUKE!
    I guess that only the old geezers (like me) immediately thought of Jay Silverheels, who, for youngsters, played Tonto on the Lone Ranger.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    I am tired of logging onto this Duke board to see a front page dominated by UNC subject threads. I am tired of people saying, "OMG... UNC sucks! Woo-hoo!"
    There are two threads fundamentally about things UNC here right now, the Roy thread and this one.

That's a lot of domination by two threads.

What the heck does UNC have to do the the Jordan brand?

Let me take this opportunity to point out that I changed the title of this thread by removing the uncreative, and implicitly profane reference to the UNC mascot.
    Fair enough, but technically unc's nickname is two words (Tar Heels) in all uses, not one.

I like the comment under the picture:

"camclinard on February 24, 2010 wouldn't a victory be even more honorable...i know, wishful thinking "

I am tired of logging onto this Duke board to see a front page dominated by UNC subject threads. I am tired of people saying, "OMG... UNC sucks! Woo-hoo!" But I can't do anything about that.
    You might as well change it to "Tar Heels'" then.

Look. North Carolina has missed the NCAA Tournament exactly two times in the last thirty-five years. If all goes well, this season will be the third. Their failure this year is surprising, amusing and entertaining, and it is completely natural for Duke fans to revel in their misfortune. Years like this don't come around nearly often enough.

With them wearing silver shoes, shorts, and tops, anybody else besides me think John Henson is going to look like the Tin Man out there?

Let me take this opportunity to point out that I changed the title of this thread by removing the uncreative, and implicitly profane reference to the UNC mascot. Look, I hate Carolina more than most people. I live here. I have to deal with their fans and all the damn ugly baby blue around town and all the snide people who work at Duke but root for UNC. I get that its THE rivalry.

But there is no reason that we should use the word "Tar Heels" to describe UNC. It is no better that "D - 0 - O - K." or "Rat Face". Yes, they are our rivals, and yes we do hate them, but we should, at the very least, show them the respect that we would expect to receive ourselves.

I am tired of logging onto this Duke board to see a front page dominated by UNC subject threads. I am tired of people saying, "OMG... UNC sucks! Woo-hoo!" But I can't do anything about that. What I can do, is purge that ridiculous word as much as possible from posts and thread titles

I will do so until the owners tell me to stop.

We are better than that.

Carry on.
    I like it. One small step for man----

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue1206 View Post
    With them wearing silver shoes, shorts, and tops, anybody else besides me think John Henson is going to look like the Tin Man out there?
    That is scotch out the tear duct funny!

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Fair enough, but technically unc's nickname is two words (Tar Heels) in all uses, not one.
    [Ed McMahon voice:]

You are correct, sir!

[/Ed McMahon voice]

As is Duvall. My mistake.
    WWJDD?

Man

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue1206 View Post
    Think I'll have to watch, just to see that. I'll be laughing the rest of the evening over this one.
    Last edited by MChambers; 02-24-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Posted too soon