Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zouperman!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Zouperman!

Brian Zoubek is having the most amazing game of his career today. And it's not over yet...he even dunked! Double - double, great passing, great defense...it's beautiful to watch. Congrats Brian, so much fun to see.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I have to toss this out there...if he plays like he has been of late..will the NBA take notice? I think they will.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

16 points 17 rebounds. Has the land lord come back in spirit for the Maryland game?

Great game, Zoubs!

A Shaq-like effort, with a very rare putback dunk thrown in.

If we can get a SIMILIAR game to this for the rest of the year can we get our Championship Trophy early in the mail?

New stat: Any time zoubs dunks in a game its good for at least a 20 point win

NBA

I have felt for quite a while that Brian will get a chance in the NBA. He has great size, has shown a nice touch at times, and is improving. Big men seem to have a longer developmental arc than smaller players, and you have to like what you've seen this year. If Marty Nessley can make a team, why not Z?

8. Great to see Zoubs 'puttin in work'

the acc's worst nightmare...Z playing off the chain... !!!

What was that sound? A giant "CLICK?" A light going on?

I have been a big Zoub slappy over the years, but this isn't an "I told you so" to others on the board.

It is a big "Thank You" to Brian for finally having the kind of game I have thought for four years he could have.

What a great moment for the kid. He's worked so hard and endured a lot of physical problems and criticism from his own fans for four years, so it's even greater to see him enjoy a day like this.

Great job ZOUBS! Nice to see how well he can play when he isn't being whistled for every little stinking nit picky touch foul. I can see the confidence starting to grow, could this be another last half of the senior season, (ala, Ala Aldenaby) coming out party??

I had to rewind that dunk over and over again because I could not believe my eyes. Great job Brian!! Big Win for Duke!!
    The Terrapin Assassin

14. Terp kryptonite

Brian Zoubek is...TERP KRYPTONITE.

As an aside, that would make an excellent B-Movie Poster or t-shirt...I'd buy it at least

I first want to congratulate Z, he played a hell of a game, BUT I'd also like to point out that maryland lacks size. He DID show a glimpse with his block against carolina, but I would like to postpone the coronation until he does things against able big men.

Thank you Z.
    April 1

Zoubs

This was a fantastic game, and not just for some impressive stats. He looked more confident, he continually put himself in the right position to make plays, and he moved really well.

I wonder what might have happened if early in the first half the refs had called a blocking foul instead of a charge. He doesn't always get that call, and if it had gone the wrong way, it might have limited his minutes and his confidence.

So happy for Brian and for the team. I hope he continues to expect this kind of performances from himself even when the opponent has more size, because he can do it. He is nearly always the biggest guy on the court.

I think he will be starting for the next few games.

Literally laughing out loud listening to Zoub's chat with Bob..he says he "was obviously exhausted". Rest well tonight, Z.

This is the kind of game I knew Z had in him. Glad he brought it out for the Twerps.

19. Z the skyscraper

I can't say I saw this coming. Props to Zoouuuuuuubs!