Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2010 McDonald's All-America BB teams

http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/#/2010

Just announced.

Congrats to Kyrie Irving. (Josh Hairston was not selected)

Congrats also to Haley Peters, Chelsea Gray, and Richa Jackson, Duke recruits who made the McD Girls' team.

Did kyrie grow another inch since last year? I was under the impression he was between 6'1 and 6'2, but now I'm seeing his height reported as 6'3 from quite a few sources. If it's true, that's very good news. 6'3 with his handles is quite impressive.

What happened with CJ Lesie?

Quote Originally Posted by licc85 View Post
    Did kyrie grow another inch since last year? I was under the impression he was between 6'1 and 6'2, but now I'm seeing his height reported as 6'3 from quite a few sources. If it's true, that's very good news. 6'3 with his handles is quite impressive.
    In high school, the +/- for height is around 3 inches - the true height is never truly measured until the NBA combine. And even in college, the numbers are a little skewed.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

3 more Burger boys coming in for Ole Roy

Reggie Bullock 6'7"
    Kendall Marshall 6'4" PG
    Harrison Barnes 6'8"

Maybe he can somehow put together a team?

Don't put too much stock into any of the height measurements you say. They can be off by a couple of inches (even in college). Seth Curry, for example, has been listed as 6'3". But when you see him on the bench next to his teammates, he looks like he can't be more than 6'0" or 6'1".

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Don't put too much stock into any of the height measurements you say. They can be off by a couple of inches (even in college). Seth Curry, for example, has been listed as 6'3". But when you see him on the bench next to his teammates, he looks like he can't be more than 6'0" or 6'1".
    Don't forget heights are oftentimes given with shoes on - especially since you'll be playing with them on...

Kyrie said himself that he is 6'3 on his blog last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Reggie Bullock 6'7"
    Kendall Marshall 6'4" PG
    Harrison Barnes 6'8"

The roster for next year will likely be

Ed Davis
    Ty Zeller
    Larry Drew
    Jon Henson
    Travis Wear
    David Wear
    Dexter Strickland
    Reggie Bullock
    Kendall Marshall
    Harrison Barnes

10 McDonald AA's. 10! That is two full teams- amazing. Leslie McDonald is the 11th man who is not a McDonald AA. Think Roy will have a hard time keeping everyone happy?

Duke will have

Singler
    Smith
    Kelly
    Plumlee II
    Irving

Reggie Bullock 6'7"
    Kendall Marshall 6'4" PG
    Harrison Barnes 6'8"

I had no idea Bullock was so tall. That's incredible height for a shooting guard. John Scheyer is on the big side at 6-5. I believe Bullock is a 2. Does anyone know if this height reading is accurate? If it is, is Bullock quick? It would be hard with that kind of height.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy-own View Post
    I had no idea Bullock was so tall. That's incredible height for a shooting guard. John Scheyer is on the big side at 6-5. I believe Bullock is a 2. Does anyone know if this height reading is accurate? If it is, is Bullock quick? It would be hard with that kind of height.
    Well Lebron is bigger and very fast/quick. I expect he is Kobe like in size.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy-own View Post
    Haven't seen Bullock in person, have seen some brief highlights and read about him. He is usually listed at 6'6", so he's somewhere in that range. Good long-range shooter, can also get to the rim.
    Not exceptional ball handler or passer, but very capable shooter and scorer.

The Heels are certainly getting an influx of talent at the 2/3 spot with Bullock and HB.

Congrats to Kyrie! Question: how is Florida part of the west? The East/West designation seems very arbitrary...I guess not enough talent out west this year so they couldn't avoid it. The West team includes 3 from Florida and 1 from Virginia. That's about as far east as you can get...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Congrats to Kyrie! Question: how is Florida part of the west? The East/West designation seems very arbitrary...I guess not enough talent out west this year so they couldn't avoid it. The West team includes 3 from Florida and 1 from Virginia. That's about as far east as you can get...
    It must be for competitive balance purposes. But's definitely weird. Especially considering that they have a C and a PG on the West team from FL schools and a C and a PG on the East team from TX and TN schools. Seems like those could be very easily flipped while maintaining some logic.

On a side note, it is crazy how almost nobody is coming from the West Coast in this game. All but four are from Texas or further East, and two of those guys are transplants from Ontario. You'd think there'd be at least some California kids.

Well...

Reggie Bullock 6'7"
    Kendall Marshall 6'4" PG
    Harrison Barnes 6'8"

Maybe, barring another catastrophe...

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post

Ed Davis
    Ty Zeller
    Larry Drew
    Jon Henson
    Travis Wear
    David Wear
    Dexter Strickland
    Reggie Bullock
    Kendall Marshall
    Harrison Barnes

10 McDonald AA's. 10! That is two full teams- amazing. Leslie McDonald is the 11th man who is not a McDonald AA. Think Roy will have a hard time keeping everyone happy?
    The player I'm wondering about is Leslie McDonald, who is, and isn't, a McDonald. Even if Davis departs, Graves is still around; and that means McD. is #4 on the depth chart at wing, and really #5, as HB is more likely a wing than an inside player [or at least a sometime-wing]. Hard to see how McD. could play more than 5-6 mpg behind all that talent, so I see him as redshirt or transfer. Generally Roy and his system somehow keep lots of talented players happy enough with fewer minutes, but it's a bigger-than-normal issue next year.

Ed Davis
    Ty Zeller
    Larry Drew
    Jon Henson
    Travis Wear
    David Wear
    Dexter Strickland
    Reggie Bullock
    Kendall Marshall
    Harrison Barnes

Duke will have

Singler
    Smith
    Kelly
    Plumlee II
    Irving
    It remains possible that Ed Davis goes pro after this year. And as crazy as it sounds, Henson could go if he wanted to as well. (He would still be a first round pick based on potential...and he might want to take advantage of that while he is still young and folks are still talking about his potential.)

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    The player I'm wondering about is Leslie McDonald, who is, and isn't, a McDonald. Even if Davis departs, Graves is still around; and that means McD. is #4 on the depth chart at wing, and really #5, as HB is more likely a wing than an inside player [or at least a sometime-wing]. Hard to see how McD. could play more than 5-6 mpg behind all that talent, so I see him as redshirt or transfer. Generally Roy and his system somehow keep lots of talented players happy enough with fewer minutes, but it's a bigger-than-normal issue next year.
    Hmmm- He has a lot of talented players this year and I am pretty sure they are unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
    It remains possible that Ed Davis goes pro after this year. And as crazy as it sounds, Henson could go if he wanted to as well. (He would still be a first round pick based on potential...and he might want to take advantage of that while he is still young and folks are still talking about his potential.)
    From your mouth to their ears.

Ed Davis
    Ty Zeller
    Larry Drew
    Jon Henson
    Travis Wear
    David Wear
    Dexter Strickland
    Reggie Bullock
    Kendall Marshall
    Harrison Barnes

Duke will have

Singler
    Smith
    Kelly
    Plumlee II
    Irving

I hope we enjoy this year with UNC, because I think next year they will be in much better shape... unless the chemistry issues remain.

Amazing that we have "so few" McDonald's guys! I wonder... that feels like fewer than we've had in a while... am I crazy to think that? I don't have a chance to check it now, but...

Heh, when the leading freshman scorer in the country whose last name is "Curry" is coming on board, it takes a bit of the sting out of not having more McD AAs