Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Duke Stuff Did You Wear Today?

First, a great win against a hyped UNC team. After a big Duke win do you wear any Duke stuff to work or around town. Or do you hang a Duke flag or anything to show your support and pride for Duke?

Two years ago my son (ll year old) bought me a nice Duke neck tie from Wal-Mart. I told him I would wear it when Duke beats UNC. Well today, with pride, I finally got to wear the tie and my son was so proud! The tie matches my Duke jacket perfectly!

Got my Battier Jersey to work out in this afternoon. I coach high school baseball and all my kids are unc fans. Gonna love it.

I work in a medical office, so I wasn't able to wear any of my Duke stuff to work today, but I have been wearing a HUGE My Blue Devils beat your Tar Heels SMILE all day long in front of my co-workers who are UNC fans.

the same duke pullover i wear EVERY day if the temp is under 50 degrees...

White polo shirt with Duke Basketball embroidered on the left chest and a Duke windbreaker.

Nothing spectacular, but I got to wear it to my office on campus at unc. It is hard being a Duke fan who works for unc, but on days like this walking into the office is a singualr pleasure. In a few minutes I'll go to lunch - it will be fun to walk up and down Franklin Street while wearing this.

I've got on my brilliant royal blue sweater and my blue and white striped bowtie (I teach on Tuesdays and Thursdays). Here at Emory, nobody much cares about the game, but that didn't stop me from mentioning it at the beginning of class. Ah, the joys of a bully pulpit...

was going to wear my Duke rugby shirt today, but my wife decried that since my manager is coming in to town to go over 2009 reviews... SOOOOOo... i switched to a royal blue button down (with a gray duke t-shirt underneath) and have that grin whenever I encounter a known 'hole fan.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

I had a meeting with a client this morning who is associated with the Tar Heel radio network - a HUGE fan. He takes it seriously. Discretion is the better part of valor, so I wore a button down shirt that combines light blue and dark blue as a sign that I don't want to piss him off and put him in a bad mood and fire me.

Same Duke beanie I wear every day.

It doesn't smell very good.

Since I'm snowed in again, I haven't changed from last night (gotta love working from home). I've become a Duke-clad snow hobo.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Duke Fan in Maryland

Since 50% of my closet is Duke clothes it is a regular for me to put something on that has Duke on it. After a Carolina win and the Terps up next I had to wear my Duke Sweatshirt with a my Duke winter jacket along with my Duke beanie cap since I am walking around in 3+ feet of snow.

Great Win last night!! GO DUKE!! Please beat the Terps or I will get blasted by all of my friends.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Man it felt good wearing my Duke stuff today! I went to the mall in Rocky Mount and just about every store I went into, someone approached me with a huge smile and said, "Nice coat"! I've been on a natural high today and to top the day off, I found a very, very nice Duke Wall Clock at this store, that will fit nicely in my office!

If I'm not dressed up for something (basketball and nice clothes are my two passions), I'm almost always wearing something Duke.

Today, I wore a simple black Duke Nike tee that I got from the Duke apparel warehouse in the K Center.

Yesterday, I wore my Basic Math shirt. We always seem to do well when I wear that on Duke-Carolina game days. When I woke up, it was between that and my I Hate North Carolina tee. I'm glad I went with the former

I got to attend the GT game last week and bought a nice new Duke Basketball shirt. Figured today would be a good day to wear it!

9F
    9F' (GTH HansCheater GTH)

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    I'm about to switch from generic office wear to a duke shirt/sweatshirt combo, but that's because it's "next game" already, and will be heading out to heaven shortly to cheer for the the women to beat the lady Wolfpack.

Duke necktie and Duke cufflinks.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Wore my Blue Devil Nike zip up sweatshirt that I have on in my avatar pic around town today. Along with putting my 2 Duke magnets on my Jeep Wrangler along with my front license plate that stays on it year round!!

I sported a "Go to Hell Carolina" shirt quite happily

Quote Originally Posted by Battierfan01 View Post
    I work in a medical office, so I wasn't able to wear any of my Duke stuff to work today, but I have been wearing a HUGE My Blue Devils beat your Tar Heels SMILE all day long in front of my co-workers who are UNC fans.
    That is simply "priceless"!!! Go Blue Devils!!!!

Incidentally I have been sporting my Duke sweatshirt all day.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I've got on my brilliant royal blue sweater and my blue and white striped bowtie (I teach on Tuesdays and Thursdays). Here at Emory, nobody much cares about the game, but that didn't stop me from mentioning it at the beginning of class. Ah, the joys of a bully pulpit...
    I had a professor like this in undergrad, at a small liberal-arts Christian college in northeast Ohio. Especially in late February and March, he'd update us on how Duke was doing. We knew whenever they had lost in the tournament because he'd come in looking more solemn than usual.

I will forever thank him for 'planting the seeds' of what would eventually be my ridiculous love of Duke basketball. So don't be afraid to use that bully pulpit! It just might change someone's life forever. :-)