Deon Thompson won't leave his apartment

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/tar...y/1235638.html

Good article in the Carolina Observer (and some more fuel for the game in Cameron). I guess he won't be leaving anytime soon.

I apologize if you guys have already seen this

There's a mentally tough individual.

No wonder ol' roy had to protect him from that vicious Presbyterian fan.

Did Roy or did Roy not look like he was in tears at the presser after the game?

Quote Originally Posted by dukebsbll14 View Post
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/tar...y/1235638.html

Good article in the Carolina Observer (and some more fuel for the game in Cameron). I guess he won't be leaving anytime soon.

I apologize if you guys have already seen this
    I almost feel badly for him. This, I suppose, is the downside of living in an area where there is such passion for college basketball.

If 90% of the people on this board saw Josh McBob or Paulus walking sown the sidewalk they would bow at their feet. Granted, they never sucked as bad as the '10 heels. That says a lot about our fans as opposed to the fairweather heel fans. Still, its sad when your fan base doesn't even support you in your home town - I kinda feel bad for the guy.

He said he eats his meals at home and plays video games to pass the time.

"I just try to avoid going out as much as possible," Thompson said. "I try to get food delivered to the house and just stay in my room. . . .I have a great life. XBox 360 and stuff. So it's good."
    Isn't he enrolled in a four-year college somewhere?

Do they not have homework at the college he attends?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Like coach, like player. Roy's public lack of confidence has bled down to the team, and this is proof positive.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool View Post
    Isn't he enrolled in a four-year college somewhere?

Do they not have homework at the college he attends?
    I have a feeling Deon's classes probably don't require him to strain himself too much.

"Like coach said, how much worse can it get, you know?" Thompson said. "I don't think there's any added pressure. We're just going to go out there and play as a team and get this win."

Roy has his players believing that it can't get much worse than it is. THAT IS GREAT LEADERSHIP ROY!! Make sure you players are focused on how bad it is and how little hope there is!! They will be lucky to win 2 more games this year.

He recently has looked as if he is eating to much fast food. By March 6th , he should be over 300 lbs.. and a candidate for next years biggest loser. Agreed this should be good ammo for the crazies!!!

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
    I have a feeling Deon's classes probably don't require him to strain himself too much.
    I may be a Duke fan, sir, but I am also a graduate of UNC, and let me tell you one thing...

You're pretty much right. It was pretty clear to us plebes that, no, the basketball players didn't have to exert themselves too hard if they didn't want to. I can actually tell you stories.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    It was pretty clear to us plebes that, no, the basketball players didn't have to exert themselves too hard if they didn't want to. I can actually tell you stories.
    Who won the Peloponnesian War?

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Thumbs up Thompson is my new favorite heel

Thanks for the link. Pretty funny. I like the part about a great life. Me thinks somebody is hanging on to that belief with all his might. He should try putting on ear muffs to make sure that reality doesn't ruin his delusions of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Who won the Peloponnesian War?
    Obviously the Peloponnesians. They don't name wars after the losers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    There's a mentally tough individual.

No wonder ol' roy had to protect him from that vicious Presbyterian fan.
    I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by GODUKEGO View Post
    He recently has looked as if he is eating to much fast food. By March 6th , he should be over 300 lbs.. and a candidate for next years biggest loser. Agreed this should be good ammo for the crazies!!!
    I think Sean May is his HERO!!

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Hurleyfor3:

Great George Karl reference!

PS, where have you been hiking? Surely not the AT with the S.C. Gov. !
    Last edited by JStuart; 02-11-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: original author reference