Thread: Crazy Towel Guy

Crazy Towel Guy

Herb was at both days of the Men's and Women's home fencing meet this past weekend, the first time I've ever seen him there. I didn't get a chance to talk to him but I heard from someone else that he has made himself a goal of going to home meets for all Duke sports this year. Pretty cool.

Oh, and add men's and women's fencing to the list of Duke teams that laid a whooping on UNC. At the end of the women's UNC meet, with the full whooping almost complete, the UNC fans started with "Tarrrrr" "Heeeeeels." The Dukies responded with "Scorrrreboard, scorrrrreboard..."

Good times! The annual Duke home meet is one of the most beautifully done meets, if not THE most beautiful, in the entire nation. Glad to see Crazy Towel Guy there!

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFencer View Post
    Herb was at both days of the Men's and Women's home fencing meet this past weekend, the first time I've ever seen him there. I didn't get a chance to talk to him but I heard from someone else that he has made himself a goal of going to home meets for all Duke sports this year. Pretty cool.
    I can confirm that he has stated that goal to me several times since September.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Very cool, he's one of the best supporters that Duke has for all sports.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    The erstwhile Cameron Crazy and frequent DBR poster standing on the chair is leading the chant at the 2004 Navy football game reception to which Herb graciously responded even on the road.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...1&d=1265743386
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFencer View Post

Oh, and add men's and women's fencing to the list of Duke teams that laid a whooping on UNC. At the end of the women's UNC meet, with the full whooping almost complete, the UNC fans started with "Tarrrrr" "Heeeeeels." The Dukies responded with "Scorrrreboard, scorrrrreboard..."
    Awesome that we whooped up on them. Tar Heels suck.

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    The erstwhile Cameron Crazy and frequent DBR poster standing on the chair is leading the chant at the 2004 Navy football game reception to which Herb graciously responded even on the road.

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...1&d=1265743386
    I like his outfit.

Steve Spurrier was as that game as well in the Duke Alumni tent before the game. Got to chat with him for a minute - very nice guy.

Out of curiosity, what's the state of the Carlyle cup so far this year? Are we winning?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy-own View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's the state of the Carlyle cup so far this year? Are we winning?
    Losing as per usual of late. http://www.carlylecup.com/index2.html

Seems like things are going mostly the same way they did last year. Basketball could really turn things around as it is worth 2 points for the men and the women (the women being off to a good start!). Did we really lose to UNC at women's golf last year? Aren't we usually really good at that?

Herb is incredible. He is certainly one of of most loyal, energetic alums/supporters of all time. I know that our student-athletes love and respect this one-of-a-kind Duke treasure. Don't underestimate the difference Crazy Towel Guy is...Thanks, Herb!