64 36.78%
  • Mason Plumlee

0 0%
  • Ryan Kelly

1 0.57%
  • Andre Dawkins

2 1.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

Man of the Match vs. Boston College (Feb 6)

Cast your vote for MOTM in today's game at Boston College.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Sooooooo obviously Zoubek to me. Good God.

Big Z

Brian should get an award from the most good plays that don't show up on the stat sheet. Great game for him on both ends. I will be interested to see how much time he gets vs. UNC.

Love to see Z make it the whole game with great rebounding and defense.

I voted for Scheyer -- cool under pressure! However, Zoubek should get some kind of special trophy for his game.

Zoubs is the Bedeviler this game.

I voted for Nolan Smith. Not only did he score 21 points, he hit two very big baskets. Toward the end, when BC was chipping away at our lead, Nolan drove to the basket and scored the ball. That was two points when we really needed a basket. Additionally, at the start of the second half when BC went on a quick run, Nolan scored two points on a drive to the basket. I view both those plays as critical to today's win.
    Bob Green

Scheyer just hit the two most pressure packed foul shots of the year.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I went with Zoubs. He played really good D today and had several key offensive rebounds especially late when they were critical. Nolan and Jon were both key and deserving as well. That last 3 by Jon was huge.

If Nolan finishes or draws the foul on the play where Sanders got the block, and LT does not foul out, that game never gets as close as it did. The block on Nolan turned the game from Duke up 11 to only up 7, gave BC momentum and got the crowd back in the game. Huge. Great to see our guys step up (including Kelly and Andre) and survive that. Could have easily been a deflating loss after playing well for 35 minutes.

Good road win and good game by Zoubs!

Go Duke

I went with Nolan for some of his great work at the end of the game, but Scheyer also did well. Zoubek would be the third choice for me since Singler wasn't so great.

My vote went to Nolan because I felt like he had some big baskets near the end when BC started roaring back, but man what a game by Zoub. He did a great job of defending last shot of the game.

Dre... for managing to hit a free-throw despite having sat for something like 160 consecutive game minutes.

I went with Nolan because he was so efficient and under control on the offensive end. He didn't have the greatest defensive game though and I can certainly see the arguments for Z or Jon.

Zoubs for straight-up MOTM? I mean he had a great game for who he is... a couple huge o-rebs and tip-outs at the end, several nice-looking blocks and assists earlier on, and not many mistakes (not to mention 1 foul in 24 minutes!!). RP (Role Player) OTM, definitely, but let's keep some perspective... his 3 points and 6 rebounds didn't carry the team, Nolan's 21, 4 and 4 carried the team. Talk about clutch... we don't win without Nolan tonight.

IMO, when it's a close game with under 2 minutes ago, the ball should be in his hands every time the shot clock ticks down to 10-15.

Voted for Nolan for all of the reasons Bob Green stated. But I also want to give a tip of the hat to Lance - the team's defense is remarkably different when he's out of the game.

16. z ftw

Nolan for MOTM. He scored early, hit two key buckets in the second half and made 2/2 FT's after we'd missed several.

Zoubs for BedevilerOTM. Lance honorable mention.

Scheyer gets an honorable mention for MOTM.

GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL!
    Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE; 02-06-2010 at 05:11 PM.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I voted for Nolan for his great first half. If not for him we may have been down 10pts at half time rather than up 10. Good game for Jon, Zoubs and Lance as well. Go Duke!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Nolan MOTM, zoubs for BD.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Votes mirror my thoughts, Nolan and Zoubs. Nolan clearly had the better game, but Zoubs b/c he had a great game for himself and was a monster inside. Its tough to vote for some one with 3 pts and 1 shot, but his O-boards ended up being a big difference maker.