Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Most-Hated College Players

Don't Blame the Messenger . . . check again in a few years; Cousins' presence on this list wouldn't surprise most people. Still interesting though I'm not sure what the criteria are.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/2009/12...ayers-part-ii/

Apparently being white (or even half-white) may be a pre-requisite?

An old conversation, to be sure... there are a lot of factors that go into being hated... attitude, ability, and some other fun societal issues, that Duke has just happened to have had in spades. But I'll tell you what... no one ever hates the player from the team that came in 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by KYtotheCore View Post
    Don't Blame the Messenger . . . check again in a few years; Cousins' presence on this list wouldn't surprise most people. Still interesting though I'm not sure what the criteria are.

Cousins won't be at Kentucky long enough to get a hated rep.

The Laetner/Pitino video is hilarious!

How can I vote for Dean Smith? He played at Kansas right? I'm pretty sure he's also the anti-christ. No, seriously. The end is near.

Wow - I had never seen the video of the 1972 brawl between Ohio State and Minnesota (#7 on the list).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Apparently being white (or even half-white) may be a pre-requisite?
    No. You obviously did not look at 6 through 10. Still, being white and playing at Duke apparently helps.

Art Heyman? Art Heyman? That list is nothing more than a Tar Heel wish list. Seriously, Art Heyman from 1963 is on an all-time list of hated college players? Even if he deserved it, nobody but a Tar Heel would have him on a hate list.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Art Heyman? Art Heyman? That list is nothing more than a Tar Heel wish list. Seriously, Art Heyman from 1963 is on an all-time list of hated college players? Even if he deserved it, nobody but a Tar Heel would have him on a hate list.
    Based on the sort of things described as worthy of inclusion on this list, where's Deiter Krause's name?

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    What a joke. With 3 Duke players in the top 5, and the spelling of "Dukie" in the typical Tar Heel way in Art's profile, it's obvious that this is a Tar Heel creation.

Where to start with notable omissons?
    Mahktar Ndiaye?
    Tyler Hansborough?
    John Roche of South Carolina?

Blechhh...
    Last edited by roywhite; 02-05-2010 at 10:11 PM. Reason: a few that should have made it..

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    What a joke. With 3 Duke players in the top 5, and the spelling of "Dukie" in the typical Tar Heel way in Art's profile, it's obvious that this is a Tar Heel creation.

Mahktar Ndiaye?
    Tyler Hansborough?

Blechhh...
    Go back farther in time...Deiter Krause,the spitter... spit in his opponents' faces, picked fights, sent Art Heyman to the hospital after freshman game.

John Roche is a good nominee.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Mahktar Ndiaye?
    Tyler Hansborough?

Blechhh...
    Let's see, there's J.R. Reid, Phil Ford, Mike O'Koren, Mitch Kupchak, etc etc from Tar Heel land,

and then one of my all-time favorites, Aminu Timberlake...

Honestly, we're still at the point where we're surprised to see a "hated players" list dominated by Dukies on a non-Duke website? Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
    Honestly, we're still at the point where we're surprised to see a "hated players" list dominated by Dukies on a non-Duke website? Who cares?
    Sorry couldn't help it... but... still a Delhomme fan? time for him to go (I shouldnt be talking too much im a dolphins fan, though with luck in the draft over the next few years, we could become an elite team, ok... a lot of luck)

Jake's a good leader and a personable guy, even if he's been struggling lately.

Back on topic - I hope that Greivis Vasquez finds his way onto a similar list in the future. I don't recall anyone even from Chapel Hill who exuded a similar amount of toolishness.

Jake's a good leader and a personable guy, even if he's been struggling lately.

Back on topic - I hope that Greivis Vasquez finds his way onto a similar list in the future. I don't recall anyone even from Chapel Hill who exuded a similar amount of toolishness.
    Rashad Mccants = toolishness

^^Yeah, this is pretty toolish...McCants is by far my least favorite Heel in recent years, though I think even he doesn't come close to Vasquez.

Somebody correlate that "most hated list" to players who are proven winners and maybe it'll be worth a read. Snore.

^^Yeah, this is pretty toolish...McCants is by far my least favorite Heel in recent years, though I think even he doesn't come close to Vasquez.
    What is all of this being white and playing for Duke stuff? I have witnessed this from so many Duke fans. I have heard many white Duke fans make comments along the lines of how they like Duke because they have alot of white boys. Duke's coaching staff recruits many of the same players as other schools in the area and nationally. I am so tired of hearing how the African-American kids end up going somewhere else because they can't handle Duke's academics. Folks, I never had the opportunity to go to college. I know from my own relatives that have attended every major university in North Carolina that they are all challenging. I have had relatives that have attended both UNC and Duke. Yes, Duke's admittance standards are higher but, according to them, once you are in it is really no harder than any other school. The last ranking I read showed Duke as the 8th best university in the nation while UNC came in 23rd. That list included all private and public universities. That is something we can be proud of in North Carolina. We have great universities here in this state.

Quote Originally Posted by KYtotheCore View Post

I for one did not like Chris Corchiani from N.C. State.