Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Effect of Blizzard on Carolina

So, it looks like the Carolina basketball team is in Maryland, buried under about two feet of snow (all my news coming from twitter updates...the players are joking about the bus being stuck in the parking lot of the hotel). Assuming they find a way to get to the stadium and play the game tomorrow, I think it is reasonable to assume they are going to have an interesting commute back to Chapel Hill. Thinking this has to be an advantage to Duke with the big game coming up on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
    So, it looks like the Carolina basketball team is in Maryland, buried under about two feet of snow (all my news coming from twitter updates...the players are joking about the bus being stuck in the parking lot of the hotel). Assuming they find a way to get to the stadium and play the game tomorrow, I think it is reasonable to assume they are going to have an interesting commute back to Chapel Hill. Thinking this has to be an advantage to Duke with the big game coming up on Wednesday.
    Plenty of time till Wednesday. Unless they can't get back till Tuesday there shouldn't be much of a difference compared to what their preparation would be like without the blizzard. Even if they do get back late I expect them to be hyped up for Duke, knowing that a win could be the difference between the NIT and the NCAA tourney.

we don't want to make their season "relevant" !!

Stop obsessing over a 13-9 team! Or at least try to tone it down a little bit...

you can be sure they won't play like 13-9 against us.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Stop obsessing over a 13-9 team! Or at least try to tone it down a little bit...
    I'm not obsessed with Carolina, but I am obsessed with the Carolina-Duke game and am interested in any of the small details that may effect the outcome. They could be 0-22 and I would still have this game circled on my calendar.

I'm sure they will get back on time. Maybe won't leave tonight, but roads will be clear enough tomorrow and as long as there isn't more bad weather the airport should be on schedule. Let's just make them wish they stayed in Maryland.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by GoingFor#4 View Post
    I'm sure they will get back on time. Maybe won't leave tonight...
    They better not if they want to play tomorrow.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    They better not if they want to play tomorrow.
    LOL you can't blame me for not following an irrelevant team.

They need to get chilly today because this upcoming Wednesday night, we are going to burn Chapel Hill down to the ground.

dth.

That's actually an interesting point... I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they'll be able to leave tonight given that Maryland was expecting to get 2.5 feet of snow by then. An extra day of preparation is not trivial.

I can see ole Roy begging to move the game to Thursday. In fact, they could refuse to come back until then, wonder what Swofford would do?

The weather...

...I do not think its a given that they get out on time...

...No flights out of any airports around here until further notice...

...There is NO WAY that this area can clear roads quickly...I assume the city will be basically shut down at least Monday, and probably into Tuesday.

So they might make it home on time...but it won't be effortless.

Quote Originally Posted by dyedwab View Post
    ...I do not think its a given that they get out on time...

...No flights out of any airports around here until further notice...

...There is NO WAY that this area can clear roads quickly...I assume the city will be basically shut down at least Monday, and probably into Tuesday.

So they might make it home on time...but it won't be effortless.
    May their journey be safe, but I hope it takes them days and days of exhaustive effort and waiting.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

UNC will be better off driving home than flying. They probably could not fly home until Monday. It's still coming down here. Looks like Nepal outside.

If the team bus is just spinning its tires in the snow, Roy knows how to get some traction on those tires...

...just throw the players under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    If the team bus is just spinning its tires in the snow, Roy knows how to get some traction on those tires...

Very well said!
    GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post

Hee Hee. Now that is funny.

If Roy tries to put tape over "Duke" on his chair again, he should be asked to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Hee Hee. Now that is funny.

If Roy tries to put tape over "Duke" on his chair again, he should be asked to leave.
    The way things are going, I expect Roy may soon start putting tape over the "UNC" on his chair before home games...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    That's actually an interesting point... I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that they'll be able to leave tonight given that Maryland was expecting to get 2.5 feet of snow by then. An extra day of preparation is not trivial.
    Won't they be leaving after the game tomorrow (Sunday)?

By that time the regular bus driver will have put chains on the bus and they can head back to CH where the temperature is surging as tempus fugit.