Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 86 - Georgia Tech 67 Post-Game Thread

Our House

That was a relief, but the issues that we all talked about after the Georgetown game were not addressed directly in this game. Kyle played exceptionally and when he does, we are a very good team despite those things we have to complain about. I still want to see the ball in the post more and involvement of more guys in the offense more often, but it is hard to argue with a win that feels this good.

Post-Win meltdown thread is what I wanted to title this sucker, but i decided against it.

Da-da-da-da-da----I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.!

Wow. JJ would be proud. As would Battier. Great team play.

People - please focus on the positives. Dre should have its own thread - not now. Go Scheyer. Go I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.. Go team.

Big three = SDS!
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Post-Win meltdown thread is what I wanted to title this sucker, but i decided against it.
    POTD

A big win and a nice response after the Gtown debacle. Coach was fired up for this one. Kyle's play was a great sign, and it was a complete turnaround from Saturday.

btw- Dawkins is hurt before people jump to conclusions. He was limited in warmups. Details forthcoming

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    That was a relief, but the issues that we all talked about after the Georgetown game were not addressed directly in this game. Kyle played exceptionally and when he does, we are a very good team despite those things we have to complain about. I still want to see the ball in the post more and involvement of more guys in the offense more often, but it is hard to argue with a win that feels this good.

Dude ... We just won by 20+! Lighten up!!

Things sure go better when we hit some shots, eh?

Great game, Kyle.

1st place in the conference---way to go, guys.

btw- Dawkins is hurt before people jump to conclusions. He was limited in warmups. Details forthcoming
    Well that is bad news, with a good aura to it. Hopefully his lack of PT had something to do with a minor injury instead of being in the doghouse.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgoodfella7 View Post
    Well that is bad news, with a good aura to it. Hopefully his lack of PT had something to do with a minor injury instead of being in the doghouse.
    well, it is actually a bit of both

Happy with the win. Kyle making shots was wonderful to see.

But it didn't indicate much progress in many key areas. Shaky at times against the press. Still let Ga Tech shoot too high a percentage until about the last three minutes. No post offense even as Tech's stars sat. Mason was better, but hardly a major factor. Our second-half offense was carried by the fool's gold of Kyle shooting 80 percent from behind the arc.

Don't mean to be too negative, but my enthusiasm is tempered by the fact we were at home, and being at home has masked many of our issues this season.

Still, 6-2 in the ACC, revenge exacted. On to Boston College.

Quote Originally Posted by LSanders View Post
    Dude ... We just won by 20+! Lighten up!!
    Please, read my post and get back to me. Also, feel free to add something more to the discussion. We don't need 100 posts saying "YEAH!" The point of a message board is to discuss what you saw and see if others agree or disagree. I'd like to have that discussion with others as you seem disinterested in such discourse.

Coach K on postgame---rebounding very good, didn't turn it over much, changed our offense to get a little movement and get Kyle some more shots, key 3 at end of 1st half, held our composure, beat a good team, gotta think about BC, quick turnaround, played outstanding game tonight, ran more motion offense, spectacular game for Kyle, Lance 33 minutes and 11 rebounds.

Coach sounded very pleased.

We took advantage of early foul trouble for GT's two good players, and some fantastic three point shooting. FG defense is still a bit of a question mark (we allowed a lot of easy layups again), but we forced more turnovers.

Great game for Singler. He was due for a good shooting night, and I'm glad for him that he had one. Good game offensively from Smith and Scheyer as well. Solid contributions from Thomas and Zoubek as well.

You know that feeling you get when the ball is just moving around beautifully from player to player, and then it just falls in the hands of a red-hot player who is curling around in smooth motion, and if you had to bet your life, bet your car, but your house, that it was going in, you would feel safe doing it?

That happened to me like at least 5 times tonight when kyle launched 3s. We all just knew its going in.

ps- Are nolan and rice friends? did they play in h.s. together or something? they seem to know each other. he told him to calm down or something when he pushed scheyer, as if he was disappointed in him, rather than angry at him.

well, it is actually a bit of both
    I figured as much, but I do not think he would fall below the level of a walk-on if he was completely healthy.

This is gonna sound horrible but my first reaction to reading this was, "Thank God." Of course I don't want him hurt, but frankly the other option as to why he didn't play a second was much less appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    Please, read my post and get back to me. Also, feel free to add something more to the discussion. We don't need 100 posts saying "YEAH!" The point of a message board is to discuss what you saw and see if others agree or disagree. I'd like to have that discussion with others as you seem disinterested in such discourse.
    As much as I would love to agree with you, I can't. Duke and I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. played amazing. You can't let that up. Embrace the positives. Life is too short to be cynical.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    As much as I would love to agree with you, I can't. Duke and I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. played amazing. You can't let that up. Embrace the positives. Life is too short to be cynical.
    chrisheery...you're a good hoops fan, but flying dutch is right here. If we can't enjoy a win like this, things are pretty grim.