scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine

Blue tenting begins

I'm not sure how many current Crazies are on this board, but I thought it might be useful to add a thread to discuss the beginning of K-Ville. While I personally wasn't enthusiastic about the new rules heading into yesterday, I must say I'm pretty happy... tent 14 baby!
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

My next door neighbors are Tent 8 (first of the blue tenting lot) and they're thrilled

Pretty interesting pictures of Kville on Blueplanet:
    http://www.blueplanetshots.com/2009-...76923767_9ABMj

What are the new rules?

I was very surprised to see no tents when I was there for the Wake game.

Duke09

The first tents use to go up in December. And I'm not a "back in the day guy," I just graduated. What changed? And how do they enforce no tents until February?

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue Devil View Post
    What are the new rules?

Because of pressure from both the administration and the basketball program (to try to create the image that it wasn't "impossible" to get into games) the line monitors pushed back the start of tenting until January 23 (black tenting) and January 30 (blue tenting). Black tenting involved NO TENTS, just sleeping under tarps, and having 2 people at all times during the day and all 12 at night for a week. Blue tenting (should have) begun this weekend (were it not for the snow), and now only requires 6 people in the tent at night.

But as far as the new rules we are discussing they are the "tent ordering" rules... since everyone stars at the same time, now they ordered the tents by a combination of 1) How good of "dirt" you could find on other teams, 2) a "race to the spot" a la white tenting, and 3) a Duke Trivia contest.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue Devil View Post
    What are the new rules?

check out http://www.kville.info
    it's the official Krzyzewskiville site and has all the rules there.

Interesting changes...

Always proud of my membership in Tent #1 (and Tent #2 my freshman year) and more so because it was during the Gaudet year... a tough one, for sure, but being front row center for Capel's shot was awful special

This is so obvious that it may have already been asked but what is the deal with the black tenting not meaning real tents? Isn't that just asking for pneumonia?
    This is coming from an old, concerned Dukie.

Might be getting tickets to watch a Duke n UNC game-but its in Chapel Hill. Hopefully the tickets come through. Would much rather get tickets to the game in Cameron but they are too expensive and the tickets will be a gift. If they do come through I'll be the big guy in the Shane Battier jersey. Wish me luck.

This was answered

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    This is so obvious that it may have already been asked but what is the deal with the black tenting not meaning real tents? Isn't that just asking for pneumonia?
    This is coming from an old, concerned Dukie.
    in the thread about the 'Article on Cameron Crazies' (around page 3 now). Not much of a choice here and as written in today's Chronicle, black tenting is over, they got two days grace out of 7, which they were not supposed to ,all tenters are pleased and no one died and when HLM got wind that there was a tenter out there sick I hear he went out there and sent her home. Can't ask for much more, but I would like as much attention to be given to the continued shootings around campus, like this weekend's.
    This coming from an old, concerned parent.

There Is More Than One Tent City This Year

I can't wait to tent next year!!!

Black, Blue, White, whatever color -- I'm doing them all

That's the Spirit Cell-R!

As a former HLM, I can say the current HLM has been, in my opinion, doing a great job so far. Haven't heard any complaints about the tenting at all (yes, I get tenting news up here in DC...us HLMs are connected like that) and looks like tenting, despite the weather, has got off to a good start.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA