Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

    WBB: Duke Vs. Florida State

    Big game tonight, #7 against #13, on TV at 8:30.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Big game tonight, #7 against #13, on TV at 8:30.
    It'd be nice if the Line Monitors could require tenters to come to these big women's games for a better spot once they start tomorrow, but I can't foresee us having any environment like the UConn game or like the game against Carolina. Should be a good one, lots of fun. Gotta dig up some dirt for it, even just a little.

  3. #3
    Yeah, I'm thinking that the tenters might not need much more motivation to go inside considering the weather tonight. Here's to the hope of a strong student population in the crowd for the game! :-D Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there, because of prior engagements. It makes me cry a little bit.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham
    I have never understood why the tenters don't come inside for a few hours to watch the WBB games.

    I'm hoping to make it - it just depends on the snow storm! I'll bet the crowd will be very small due to the inpending weather.

  5. #5

    Something has to give

    With the understandable exception of their game against UConn, FSU has won 9 out of their last 10 games. With the same exception, Duke is 10/11.

    Like Duke, FSU holds their opponents to about 35% shooting, so this should be a tough game all around. Won't be pretty though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Delaware
    Quote Originally Posted by wandalee View Post
    I have never understood why the tenters don't come inside for a few hours to watch the WBB games.

    I'm hoping to make it - it just depends on the snow storm! I'll bet the crowd will be very small due to the inpending weather.
    I don't know if they changed the rules, but I always remembered that it was still considered "day time" during games, so there only needed to be one person either in the tent or at the game. I do remember incentives sometimes, like getting the night off if enough people went to the game, but I don't know how it's done this year.
    Pratt '09
    GO DUKE!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The 'burbs of Cary
    Thanks for the info, Chris...didn't realize they were on the tube tonight. I'll definitely catch it, probably hunkering down with an ice cold Leinie or two before the "blizzard" commences. Go Devils!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MHTorringjan View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking that the tenters might not need much more motivation to go inside considering the weather tonight. Here's to the hope of a strong student population in the crowd for the game! :-D Unfortunately, I won't be able to be there, because of prior engagements. It makes me cry a little bit.
    The Black Tenters will come, but Blue Tenting hasn't officially started and won't until tomorrow night. They can't even turn this game into an incentive to get a no-tent period because the likelihood it's warm enough or that there's not 2 inches of snow on the ground is zero with the way the forecast is looking.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by peloton View Post
    Thanks for the info, Chris...didn't realize they were on the tube tonight. I'll definitely catch it, probably hunkering down with an ice cold Leinie or two before the "blizzard" commences. Go Devils!
    Mmmm...don't even need room in the fridge..just leave the brews outside.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Awesome defense...I was thinking FSU was gonna go to locker room with single digits.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  11. #11
    Duke and Defense synonomus...men and women. This squad is good and Coach P has the #1 recruiting class in the country coming in 2010. Impressive game v. Florida State so far in a possible preview of the ACC Tournament final.

  12. #12
    Great win tonight!

    You may not know that "sisters," Krystal Thomas (Duke) and Alexa DeLuzio (Florida State) are playing against each other for the first time tonight in college. What a great story. Krystal's guardians, the DeLuzio's were sitting in the Duke section. Check out this link, and be sure to view the accompanying video of then 16 year-old Krystal, who already had a Duke Blue bedroom. Special stuff.

    http://www.wesh.com/news/9073096/detail.html

  13. #13

    Wow

    I don't anyone could have ever expected a thirty point blowout. UConn only beat them by 19...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    I don't anyone could have ever expected a thirty point blowout. UConn only beat them by 19...

    You're right. Our ladies are getting better and better. Jasmine Thomas is a star, and she has some legitimate support. Love the swarming D. Wouldn't be surprised at a deep run in the NCAA's this year.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Walnut Creek, California
    Quote Originally Posted by Verga3 View Post
    You're right. Our ladies are getting better and better. Jasmine Thomas is a star, and she has some legitimate support. Love the swarming D. Wouldn't be surprised at a deep run in the NCAA's this year.
    Until they start running a half court offense, they will have difficulty with any team that plays good defense. P simply doesn't protect her shooters or set up plays for them. Give and go? Maybe 10 times all year. Pick and roll? Hasn't happened. Shooting off a screen? Hasn't happened. Drive and dish? Maybe a few by accident. High-Low? If Krystal would just shoot more, that would work fairly well.

    Trying to beat the defender off the bounce? All the time. Easy to defend? Of course.

    Fast break points? A few, but aside from Jaz and Bridgette, there isn't a great deal of speed out there.

    Mostly, though, it's fling it up and let the bigs put it back. Not good.

  16. #16

    Mechelle Voepel


Similar Threads

  1. WBB Duke vs. Florida State
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 08:06 PM
  2. Charting Duke vs. Florida State
    By Jumbo in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 09:01 PM
  3. MOTM for Duke MBB vs. Florida State
    By JBDuke in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 11:32 AM
  4. Charting Duke vs. Florida State
    By Jumbo in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 11:07 PM
  5. Duke @ Florida State
    By Bob Green in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •