Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Duke room (with new additions)

I know I posted some pictures in the past but I continue to add some items to my collection. Still want to put in a Duke border halfway up the wall and paint the bottom section of the room blue.

My desk and home of Jay Gray Graphic Design!

Family Duke pictures

Coach K's books. I need to get to reading The Gold Standard

Laettner, Hurley and Hill cards from 91-92

Pictures of me at Cameron as well as with Nolon, Miles, and Jon. Also the 2009-2010 Media Guide and an issue of Blue Planet

2009-2010 Team poster given to me by Mason.

Some clippings about Jon's stand out season, the Wake game I just went to, and an article from the Washington Post on Josh and Montrose.

ESPN Rise magazine with Josh and Tyler, a 2009-2010 team pic from the Duck Shop, Cheer sheet and program from Duke's bashing of MD last season, and my grandfather's old golf towel.

Nolan Smith signed ball (I'll add signatures each time I meet a Dukie)

My grandfather's old trash can. I am not sure when it is from but I think it has to be the 70s

Custom framed signed team poster from Coach Wojo that my brother got me. My prized possession for so many reasons!

Nice, that is what you call prime merchandise.

That trashcan is awesome!

Gotta get Fathead(s) of the Blue Devil and the Duke logo (they also sell one of JJ shooting)...and there is a 16x20 frame that has a pleated type background in it that is great for putting in cards and schedules to display.
    And because the cards and schedules (and Photos) are tucked in behind the pleat you can change them out anytime you want - or as you acquire new stuff.

Hey man, that is one freaking awesome room!

Let me reccommend avoiding the border though.

I had my room in the house done in Seahwaks border (die hard fan) but eventually I wanted to switch things around and it is a HUGE pain to take that crap down off the wall.

If you love it, go ahead and do it, but if there is any chance you'll get tired of it or want to switch it, I'd avoid it.

Once again, awesome room.

How about a framed Duke flag...and maybe one of those big wall stickers they have of Coach K?

Hey that's a cute baby you have!

Beautiful wife and child...

Hi,

Now there is a handsome looking family.

GO DUKE!

Cool room and fine looking family. Hey I'd love to find a Duke bus like you have. They have some pretty cool Duke neon signs and stained glass lamps at Lowe's too.

This is EXACTLY what kind of room I want to have after I graduate from Duke.

I guess I'll have to start saving EVERYTHING Duke-related that I obtain over the next four years!

I might even save those wrist-bands from the games like that one guy did - and frame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cell-R View Post
    This is EXACTLY what kind of room I want to have after I graduate from Duke.

I guess I'll have to start saving EVERYTHING Duke-related that I obtain over the next four years!

I might even save those wrist-bands from the games like that one guy did - and frame them.
    "This is EXACTLY the type of place I'm going to have when I move out of my parent's house."
    - Wayne Campbell

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    "There can BE only one."

The trashcan is from the 70's. I have one in my Duke room. I bought it back then.

Awesome

That room and pics are awesome...man..thats what I call Duke blue through and through...I am pretty sure your kid is going to be Duke class of 20XX...
    you have inspired me...now I am gonna get all the stuff like that and get going...

That is a beautiful family you have there, and congrats on the room.

Serious question: Is that room ALWAYS that clean!?

dth.

Very well done! I look forward to seeing more updates in years to come.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Thanks everyone! Good point on the Duke border. Maybe I will just install a white chair rail instead and then do the bottom in blue?

Yes that room is always very clean as it doesn't get much use! Except that I just go in and stare at stuff every now and then.

Hopefully I'll get more use out of it once my side business gets some clients!!!!

I have a HUGE Duke floor mat - you've gotta get one of those. Home Depot sells them in Durham...

my wife made me a Duke Christmas tree this year
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC