Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 60 - Clemson 47 Post Game Thread

Have at it.

Best win of the season if you ask me

Nice

Solid, solid, solid.

New rule: Sagegrouse starts all pre/in-game threads, and with a emoticon!

Guess we're capable of winning a national championship again.

Agreed – best win of the year, hands down.

With 10 minutes left, we had a gut check. I liked what I saw.

With 6 minutes to play and duke in control, I thought to myself...this cant end fast enough! Clemson is dangerous.

Amazing game by LT on Booker and scoring tonight.

We held them to 47 points. That is borderline shocking.

Not the prettiest game, especially the first half. I'm proud of the way they came back in the second, broke the press, got shots to fall, and played great defense. This sure feels a lot better than Wednesday night!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    New rule: Sagegrouse starts all pre/in-game threads, and with a emoticon!
    Seconded.

Huge W. Great defensive performance. Nolan Smith continues to deliver. I'm pleasantly surprised. That is all....

I don't know what K said at halftime, but he had these boy's fired up in the second half on offense. When Duke wants to win, they win. I have a good feeling about this squad through good and bad.

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was one of the biggest games of Coach K's career if you ask me, don't ask me why, I just felt if we lost, I wouldn't be able to sleep and neither would he. Nolan Smith is one of the best guards in the nation this year hands down. Lance, who I was critical of after his game against NCSU, played BIG tonight. Kudos Mr. Thomas. Now we know we can win on the road!

12-4 in the ACC, here we come! I feel better about this team but we HAVE to stay hungry against FSU on Wednesday and defend our house.

Congrats on the HUGE road win guys! Let's Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Seconded.
    Thirded.

Also, best defense Duke has played against a top-25 ACC opponent in quite a while. This season, apparently, Clemson is a good matchup for us.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    Huge W. Great defensive performance. Nolan Smith continues to deliver. I'm pleasantly surprised. That is all....
    And Lance showed some moves around the basket, plus the way K designed the outlet with Lance under pressure worked great.

I think we only had one second have turnover. Nice in-game adjustments (and preparation) by Coach K.

Talk about having your team prepared. K had a game plan for that press and the players executed it perfectly for most of the game. Those who went off script were pulled. I went in thinking we needed to ATTACK the press to score, but K's plan of beating the press to slow the game down turned out pretty darn well.

With the Kstate and Tennessee loss...we will still be in the top Ten with that win.

Solid D in second half made things start to happen. Interested to hear Coach K's post-game comments. Good team game. Big, tough win. The ACC is brutal this year.

Did you know we hadn't won a true road game all year prior to tonight? Did the announcers mention that?

Really nice defensive effort; just an excellent second half overall with good ballhandling and solid shooting. Great win.

Quote Originally Posted by dairedevil View Post
    Not the prettiest game, especially the first half. I'm proud of the way they came back in the second, broke the press, got shots to fall, and played great defense. This sure feels a lot better than Wednesday night!
    Actually, to me it was beautiful. That's exactly the way this team has to play to beat really good teams and, really, anyone on the road. Defensive intensity and attention to detail. Maybe sometimes when you do that, it will take a bit longer for the offensive rhythm to come (as was the case tonight) but this team HAS to focus on D first to win big. We can't just come out and try to run and gun with people and expect to go very far.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Talk about having your team prepared. K had a game plan for that press and the players executed it perfectly for most of the game. Those who went off script were pulled. I went in thinking we needed to ATTACK the press to score, but K's plan of beating the press to slow the game down turned out pretty darn well.
    True, and this was nice to see compare to the GT and NC State games. When these two teams pressed Duke, they rushed their shots and never got into the groove. This game, they beat the press and slowed down once in half court.