Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    everytime I hear the Duke gets all the calls line, I have a flashback to the hack on Boozer at the end of that game.

Boozer my fantasy steal!

Yeah Carlos did not miss much time, I kept track thoroughly as I had him in my "Duke NBA Fantasy Team" along with Brand, Battier, Duhon, Deng, and Corey Maggette. (I was in a league with all carolina guys and moved all the Dukies up 5-10 spots in the autodraft order knowing they would move them down... it was genius)

I paid more attention to fantasy basketball this year than I have since college. I sincerely encourage you to find a bunch of Carolina fans and do this, the taunting was great as my team of Royal Blue trounced them. I only ended up coming in third, but I made sure they knew that the rookie in their league with all the Duke guys was one of the best two teams in the league when my guys were healthy!

I'm from Toronto so I may be biased, but I think Bosh's place on the all-NBA teams was very safe. He is clearly the best player on a team that went from 27-55 last year to 47-35 this year. How does he not make it?

IMO, the biggest obstacle facing Boozer is that he is not head and shoulders above some of his teammates. Kirilenko, Okur and Williams are all studs. Boozer is the best of the group I think, but it is taking people a while to realize this.

The most surprising thing on that list for me is Stoudemire on the first team. Seems like a combination of the center/PF imbalance, and sympathy votes because he is coming back from major surgery. He's good, but he's not that good.

Boozer

Sir Charles on Boozer

"Boozer might have been, probably been the best player in the playoffs thus far"

Outside of Barkley's grammar issues, I think it's incredibly high praise for what he's done. I love how with Boozer emeregence the line has changed from 'Devils don't turn out in the NBA' to 'they should turn out more players considering who they recruit'.

Talking

He has been off the charts in his playoff performance.

and others

Deng tore it up last night against the Pistons too. Unfortunately the Clippers totally fell apart down the stretch, robbing us of the chance to see Brand and Maggette play. They have also torn apart the old line that "Duke doesn't produce good NBA players". While Dunleavy is a fair bit short of being a star, he has produced fairly well in his NBA tenure. Duhon is a quality point guard with a Derek Fisher type potential, steady and even-headed, though his shot has yet to get consistent enough to be a star. Dahntay Jones really improved his play this year with more playing time, he showed he can be a legit scoring option which augments his already strong defensive reputation. Shelden had a solid if not spectacular rookie year, he was undermined by some inconsistency there in the middle of the year, but turned it on late. I think the same can be said for JJ. D-Ew-drop saw serious reduction in his productivity this year overall, but on occasion showed flashes of potential, he might just need a new place to play. Grant had a quality, veteran type year on a young team, i hope it's not his last. Hopefully Shav can rebound (pun alert) from his nasty injury last year and get on the court again. I really hope that Jason Williams gets another shot to play, there have got to be guys in the NBA who are not better than J-Will at the guard spot. At any rate, Boozer has been amazing all year, and only displaying that even more now. And he never gets involved in negative publicity, like fighting, super-whining or trash-talking to the media etc. He seems to be a class act.

Let's not forget

Mr. President Battier, the consumate team player and winner.

Boozer is a stud. Soon folks will ask, "who held Carlos Boozer to under 20 pts per game in college? A: Coach K.

The only time I saw Boozer in the news for off-the-court stuff was when some celebrity (was it Prince?) trashed or remodeled (without permission) his house while renting it.

Very sorry for Jason Williams. He has maintained a very positive attitude but it is sad we'll never know how great of an NBA player he could have been. We do know he was a great college player, and no one can take that from him. He did make a remarkable comeback from a very extensive set of injuries - a testament to modern science and his determination to recover. But last I heard he was cut by an NBA D-league team, so I think he's not all the way back and may never get there.

By the way, what happened to the guy who hit Bobby Hurley? Not Hurley's fault but if he had his seatbelt on, he might not have been hurt so badly.

2002 DBR Mock Draft

Anyone remember the 2002 DBR mock draft? Did anyone archive the results? Just wondering who was the clairvoyant fantasy GM on the board that ended up stealing Boozer.

(OK, it was me, I picked him at #19, I think, with Orlando's pick. Personally, I thought he was a bit of steal at 19)

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    By the way, what happened to the guy who hit Bobby Hurley? Not Hurley's fault but if he had his seatbelt on, he might not have been hurt so badly.
    He was convicted (in a 2nd trial) of misdemeanor reckless driving. He was apparently not under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I don't know what his sentence was, but the max would have been 6 months in jail. I doubt he served that. It's pretty easy to find his name, but Hurley, even then, wanted to put the incident behind him and didn't want to testify. I imagine the driver does too. It's a shame that Bobby's career was cut short like that by an accident, but it was an accident. Both people involved made poor decisions, but hopefully both have moved on with their lives.

Saw a stat on TV yesterday that said Boozer and Brand are 2 of only 3 players in the top 20 for ppg, rpg, and blocks per game. Pretty impresive. Shows how well rounded NBA Dukies are.

I believe it was fg %

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    Saw a stat on TV yesterday that said Boozer and Brand are 2 of only 3 players in the top 20 for ppg, rpg, and blocks per game. Pretty impresive. Shows how well rounded NBA Dukies are.

I think the stat that you saw was that Brand, Boozer, and Stoudamire were the only three players that were in the top 20 in PPG, RPG, and FG%. Neither Amare or Los were in the top 20 in BPG. Amare was 23, Boozer was not in top 50.

Los was on PTI's "Five Good Minutes" yesterday. The interview comes about 10 minutes into this MP3.