Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

NFL Playoffs

Holy smokes the Bengals are terrible. The entire organization is just awful.

And the Eagles continue to be horrible in most all aspects of the game, for the second week in a row, particularly in being unable to win the line of scrimmage, and are going to fizzle out with a whimper.

Pats

and the Pats are horrid

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Lets put it this way... Tom Brady put up numbers that Jamarcus Russell beats with regularity(QB rating: Brady 49.1, Russell season avg 50.0, and that doesn't include anything about Brady's fumble).

brutal brutal game for the patriots. ravens got some sweet bounces on those INTs, to be sure, but that wasn't the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    brutal brutal game for the patriots. ravens got some sweet bounces on those INTs, to be sure, but that wasn't the difference.
    Yeah, that was one of the worst performances by the Pats in a long long time. Brady was constantly under pressure and he made some very poor decisions..Moss was MIA...the whole special teams squad was MIA. The defense was actually the highlight which isn't saying much as every time the Ravens needed a yard or ten, they got it...bad bad sports weekend for me..

Arizona and Green Bay tied at 45.

You know the commercial when the ref looks into the replay viewer but he's talking with patrons in a sports bar, and they say their not ready to go, can they go into overtime? Well, when Arizona was about to kick the winning field goal with 9 seconds left in regulation, I thought of that and said to myself "self, I'm not ready for this game to end, can he pull the FG attempt wide?"

Am I good or what!?!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post

You know the commercial when the ref looks into the replay viewer but he's talking with patrons in a sports bar, and they say their not ready to go, can they go into overtime? Well, when Arizona was about to kick the winning field goal with 9 seconds left in regulation, I thought of that and said to myself "self, I'm not ready for this game to end, can he pull the FG attempt wide?"

Am I good or what!?!
    And then...GB bumbles into a defensive touchdown for a 51-45 loss.

Dear Eagles fans:

Your Landlord, that's just awesome. From a lifelong Boyz fan. My Dad went to Annapolis with Roger Staubach. HUGE win last night, we'll see what the future holds.

the ravens looked absolutely awesome yesterday ending that other team's "dynasty" in humiliating fashion....

loved watching the hoodie lose...

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post

Am I good or what!?!
    what an epic game. Both QBs were phenomenal. With a little work on D, the Packers are going to be very good for a very long time with their core of young/talented players on offense (Rodgers, Grant, Jennings, Finley).
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    the ravens looked absolutely awesome yesterday ending that other team's "dynasty" in humiliating fashion....

loved watching the hoodie lose...
    Wait, really? They won in a blow out, but I'm not sure they looked at all "awesome." I mean, their QB had a rating of 10. 10! That's not going to cut it next week.

i don't give a crap about next week....not as far as the ravens are concerned....i just enjoyed the beat down they gave brady and the hoodie...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    ...i just enjoyed the beat down they gave brady and the hoodie...
    You mean the NFL's version of Scheyer and Coach K?

BTW, I completely agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    You mean the NFL's version of Scheyer and Coach K?

BTW, I completely agree with you!

hardly....i don't remember coach K being fined $500K for cheating...

scheyer to brady? i think that's a compliment...

Wait, really? They won in a blow out, but I'm not sure they looked at all "awesome." I mean, their QB had a rating of 10. 10! That's not going to cut it next week.

ummmm.... SCOREBOARD....!!

Wait, really? They won in a blow out, but I'm not sure they looked at all "awesome."
    A 24-0 lead in the first quarter can fairly be described as awesome, even if it was accomplished through rushing and defense.

Dynasty is Dead

I do not think the Ravens are that good still some questions in my mind especially on the offensive side of the ball, wide receivers in particular and even QB. The D has been hurt all year and finally getting healthy still not sold on their corners.

But the Pats are just not that good. They had a lousy road record and a losing record against playoff teams. They have been too cheap figuring every part can be cheaply replaced. Not sure what game the poster he felt the Pats D played well was watching. How often in the NFL do a you see a team successfully run when the other team knows it is going to run. Or win a game with the QB having a rating of 10.

The Pats have let too many players go, Richard Seymour, Assante Samuel, Vrabel, you combine that with loss of great assistant coaches and a couple of lousy drafts and you have the Pats of today. Not an elite team not even close AND next year the Jets, Dolphins, figure to be better. Moss is fading, Welker's injury might be a career ender, Wilfork may be gone. They have a lot of draft picks but I would fear by the team they can rebuild Brady will be getting old.