View Poll Results: Who will win the ACC regular season title?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boston College

    0 0%
  • Clemson

    1 1.09%
  • Duke

    88 95.65%
  • Florida State

    0 0%
  • Georgia Tech

    1 1.09%
  • Maryland

    0 0%
  • Miami

    1 1.09%
  • NC State

    0 0%
  • Virginia

    0 0%
  • Virginia Tech

    0 0%
  • Wake Forest

    0 0%
  • Other

    1 1.09%
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Who will win the ACC regular season title?

    Another good poll for today, even though a few teams have already started ACC play. Have at it!

  2. #2
    I would definitely say Duke. There will be many nights where some conference teams look like world-beaters, but Duke's consistent effort will seperate them over the course of the conference season.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Watching carolina Go To HELL!
    You needed to ask? Here? Me?

    Right now, the vote is 14 for Duke, zilch for the field.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

    Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    http://www.EGLEW.com


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    The poll might be just a teeeeeeeny bit skewed since you posted it on DBR...


    but I'm still going to go out on a limb and say nobody in the conference has shown me as much as Duke has so far this season.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    I was tempted to vote for UVa, because at this point I feel a little bad for what was once a proud basketball program...

    Duke looks like the best team at this point. UNC and Clemson are the other two contenders, but both have had more erratic play than Duke so far...
    Brian Zoubek on what was going through his mind walking to the free throw line with 3.6 seconds remaining in the 2010 National Championship game and Duke up by 1: "Fifty percent [of me is] thinking, This is what I've been dreaming of doing my entire life. Fifty percent I'm crapping my pants."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    The poll might be just a teeeeeeeny bit skewed since you posted it on DBR...


    but I'm still going to go out on a limb and say nobody in the conference has shown me as much as Duke has so far this season.
    I could've sworn I started this poll in previous years (with less lopsided results), but can't find it anywhere. C'mon, search function!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    I could've sworn I started this poll in previous years (with less lopsided results), but can't find it anywhere. C'mon, search function!
    I don't recall ever seing such a poll in prior years, but my memory keeps getting worse and worse.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I don't recall ever seing such a poll in prior years, but my memory keeps getting worse and worse.
    I know I've made that "Other" joke before, though. But apparently I'm the one with the lousy memory.

    I know I've done "predict Duke's ACC wins" before, but I can't find that either.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    I know I've made that "Other" joke before, though. But apparently I'm the one with the lousy memory.
    I think it was "Who will win the NCAA tournament?" or something like that. Bleh.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    The unbalanced schedule is my only caution. We are clearly the best team in the conference. Feels good to say that again.

  11. I think the more interesting question is...who is third?

    It's obvious that right now Duke is the best in the conference.

    UNC has the talent to be second by the end of the season.

    Third? Right now the two front runners seem to be Clemson and FSU. Maybe Georgia Tech can be in the conversation too for third by March.

  12. I suppose I'm turning this into a general ACC thread, but have you noticed Virginia Tech lately??

    They defeated (without their best player) Seton Hall in overtime AT Seton Hall, and also has wins over @Penn State, Georgia, @Iowa. They're lone loss is to Temple on a neutral court which is not a bad loss at all.

    NCAA tourney teams so far seem to be Duke, UNC, Clemson, FSU, Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech.

    Wake Forest is looking increasingly good now that the loss to William & Mary looks decreasingly bad.

    Miami's has a nice win-loss record but it's unclear whether they're a paper tiger.

    Maryland should be better but court results matter more than potential.

    This year I do think the ACC will get a minimum 6 (possibly 7, maybe even 8) teams into the tournament, because unlike previous seasons, the conference has a definite bottom tier in Boston College, Virginia, NC State and possibly Maryland.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by jyuwono View Post
    I suppose I'm turning this into a general ACC thread, but have you noticed Virginia Tech lately??

    They defeated (without their best player) Seton Hall in overtime AT Seton Hall, and also has wins over @Penn State, Georgia, @Iowa. They're lone loss is to Temple on a neutral court which is not a bad loss at all.

    NCAA tourney teams so far seem to be Duke, UNC, Clemson, FSU, Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech.

    Wake Forest is looking increasingly good now that the loss to William & Mary looks decreasingly bad.

    Miami's has a nice win-loss record but it's unclear whether they're a paper tiger.

    Maryland should be better but court results matter more than potential.

    This year I do think the ACC will get a minimum 6 (possibly 7, maybe even 8) teams into the tournament, because unlike previous seasons, the conference has a definite bottom tier in Boston College, Virginia, NC State and possibly Maryland.
    And, IIRC from watching scores tonight, mighty Maine beat BC.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern VA

    Thumbs up ACC balanced this year...

    Quote Originally Posted by jyuwono View Post
    I think the more interesting question is...who is third?

    It's obvious that right now Duke is the best in the conference.

    UNC has the talent to be second by the end of the season.

    Third? Right now the two front runners seem to be Clemson and FSU. Maybe Georgia Tech can be in the conversation too for third by March.
    The ACC is fairly balanced this year. Example: you could not get a clear consensus among maybe 6 candidates for the #3 best team in the league. At this point the consensus ranking might be: 1. Duke, 2. NC@Chapel Hill (but not by a large margin over #3 - mostly based on tradition/potential), 3 - 7. Any order of GT, Clemson, MD, FSU, MIA, and maybe VT. A couple others could enter that 3-7 conversation too.

    However, I predict that it will end up by season's end with something like... 3. GT (will improve significantly as season progresses), 4. Clemson, 5. MD, 6. MIA, 7. VT. I'd like to see all 8 of those teams make it to the dance, but 1 (or maybe 2) will falter - am predicting 7 teams in NCAA due toi conference balance. But only two will get top-4 seeds.

    Interesting thing this year, I think, is due to youth, inexperience, the ranked order will change from now to March.

    Will be interesting. Can't wait for the UNC game next month!


  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jyuwono View Post
    I think the more interesting question is...who is third?

    It's obvious that right now Duke is the best in the conference.

    UNC has the talent to be second by the end of the season.

    Third? Right now the two front runners seem to be Clemson and FSU. Maybe Georgia Tech can be in the conversation too for third by March.
    Duke -1

    UNC -2

    Clemson -3

    GA Tech -4
    FSU -5

    Wake Forest -6
    Miami-Fl -7 (bubble)

    Maryland -8 (NIT)
    Va Tech -9 (NIT)

    NC St - 10

    B.C. -11
    UVA - 12

Similar Threads

  1. Nolan Smith out for first 2 regular season games
    By pratt '04 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 07:54 PM
  2. Regular Season "Championship" Now Irrelevant?
    By grad_devil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
  3. Memphis might play against Duke and UNC next year during regular season.
    By proelitedota in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 09:21 PM
  4. The rest of the regular season
    By Bob Green in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 08:44 PM
  5. The regular season finale
    By Olympic Fan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 11:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •