Interesting Ellington question

I recently came upon this link from a friend:

http://www.frumpzilla.com/index.php/...he_life_at_unc

I think it's too far to assume, based upon this alone, that there was any impropriety, but the poster does raise a good question, that is, why Wayne Ellington Sr. was living at a house owned by a Carolina businessman...

Too far to assume?

Why?

GUILTY!

Take down those banners.

Unfortunately, I dont think anything will come of this

but if it did and the title got vacated, that would be hilarious..i can just imagine the chants now when UNC came to duke..

"Title got vacated!..Title got vacated!"

I'm assuming that Mr. Ellington was renting the house and Mason (the Carolina businessman) is the owner. I don't know why that would be a problem, unless he was living there for free or something.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    I'm assuming that Mr. Ellington was renting the house and Mason (the Carolina businessman) is the owner. I don't know why that would be a problem, unless he was living there for free or something.

A guy can dream, can't he!

?

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    A guy can dream, can't he!
    That's pretty sick, don't ya think?

You can officially count me in as highly doubtful but hopeful, and I feel as though I am able to speak for a large percentage of the population here on this regard.

/we all know this is above board, but what a thought, eh?

I hope the report is unfounded. I try not to take joy in others mistakes.

I love to beat UNC and I hope that they never win another game EVER, but I hope we beat them straight up with both programs playing by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    I love to beat UNC and I hope that they never win another game EVER, but I hope we beat them straight up with both programs playing by the rules.
    Completely agree with this sentiment. As much as I love seeing the 'Holes lose (and the more humiliating the loss, the better), I like the fact that they are, like Duke, a clean program. It makes the rivalry better that both schools are consistently good, academically strong, and function within the rules.

Keep Digging, Maybe you'll reach China

As another poster said, I doubt this will lead to anything, nor should it. I would almost guarantee there's no wrong-doing in it. If Ellington Sr. wanted to live in Chapel Hell (or Durham in this case) while his son played ball then why not just rent a place for the 3-4 years he was going to be in school?

All these tax records say is that when the Ellington parents bought their cars they listed the home as their residence, which you are required to do for loan purposes unless paying cash. I'm no expert on NCAA rules (oxymoron?) but as long as they are paying rent on the home at fair market price I don't know how it could be a problem. I know the odds are extremely thin, but what if they went out house hunting for a rental and this just happened to be the house they found...just kidding...the ties are obvious but you have to give the folks down 15-501 some credit for not blatantly breaking the rules. Joe Forte, What?

Anyway, I know many student athletes have their parents move to their college with them, it's been done for years and I seriously doubt the braintrusts at Tar Heel U would be boneheaded enough to commit such a blatant rules violation.

If I remember correctly, the Ellington's are pretty well off. Most of the kids that go to his high school are, including Gerald, obviously.

I agree, very doubtful that anything happened here that is illegal or unethical and looking or hoping for something bad isn't my thing. I honestly thinks it makes us look petty and we probably would do well to shut down the thread.

I have no more knowledge than anyone else about this issue, but my guess is that it is all smoke, no fire. However, I am happy for the thread, because how else would I have seen the hottie with Ellison the younger?

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    I have no more knowledge than anyone else about this issue, but my guess is that it is all smoke, no fire. However, I am happy for the thread, because how else would I have seen the hottie with Ellison the younger?
    Hottie doesn't even say the half of it. I thought that was at fashion week or something. That's the kind of picutre UNC is not annoyed to see leaked into the press. Can't hurt recruiting.