Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Official!!!

I'm Official!!!

First of all, I'm sorry if I am breaking any rules or anything, I'm just really really excited and wanted to share this with my fellow Dukies.

I am officially part of the Duke Class of 2014!! I thought it would be appropriate to share this with a community who, like me, has such a deep, burning passion for everything Duke. Since becoming a member of the DBR forums, I haven't posted much: I usually just read what others are saying and occiasionally I'll add my 2 cents. I look forward to pursuing my degree in engineering as well as being one of the loudest, craziest fans on the court (plus, since I have seen a game from the student section, I hopefully can jump right into it.) beginning in August.

Again, if I'm breaking any rules, I'm sorry, you can delete this post. I'm just so thrilled to finally, after 5 years of calling my "home away from home", call Duke my home.

GO DUKE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukebsbll14 View Post
    First of all, I'm sorry if I am breaking any rules or anything, I'm just really really excited and wanted to share this with my fellow Dukies.

I am officially part of the Duke Class of 2014!! I thought it would be appropriate to share this with a community who, like me, has such a deep, burning passion for everything Duke. Since becoming a member of the DBR forums, I haven't posted much: I usually just read what others are saying and occiasionally I'll add my 2 cents. I look forward to pursuing my degree in engineering as well as being one of the loudest, craziest fans on the court (plus, since I have seen a game from the student section, I hopefully can jump right into it.) beginning in August.

Again, if I'm breaking any rules, I'm sorry, you can delete this post. I'm just so thrilled to finally, after 5 years of calling my "home away from home", call Duke my home.

GO DUKE!!!!!!!
    Congrats. Would have loved to go Duke if not for the distance

Congratulations!!!

GO DUKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukebsbll14 View Post

GO DUKE!!!!!!!
    Congrats! I wish I could be in your position and I hope to transfer to Duke in the future. I hopefully I will see you around in a couple years in the student section.

If anyone deletes this post I think we should turn Nate James loose on them! Great job!

Great news! I remember crying with happiness a few hundred years ago when I got in and then crying with pride when my daughter got in not so very long ago.

Congrats to your parents for raising such a bright young person!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Great news! I remember crying with happiness a few hundred years ago when I got in and then crying with pride when my daughter got in not so very long ago.

Congrats to your parents for raising such a bright young person!!!!
    This is the second! My sister graduated last year!! I called by Dad up right after and was like, "haha you're never going to retire"

Congratulations!!!!!!

This is a great thread to collect congrats for new admits. ED candidates are finding out tonight.

dukebsbll14 to Duke!

Congratulations! Its a real testament to you and your family. The day I got into Duke was one of the greatest days of my life, so I imagine you feel the same way. We'll see you in Cameron in 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingDevil View Post
    Congratulations! Its a real testament to you and your family. The day I got into Duke was one of the greatest days of my life, so I imagine you feel the same way. We'll see you in Cameron in 2010!
    Thank you guys so much!! There's a lot of love on these forums. I'm trying to convince my parents to let me go to either the long beach state or Penn game, most likely trying to sneak into the crazie section (except now they'll be looking for me.). I'll be seeing a lot of games there in the next four years to not a big deal

Congrats!!!..I still remember the day that I got my acceptance letter...Duke also had a VERY big win on the court that night...

Congratulations! I remember the day I got my acceptance letter 2 and a half years ago, and how exciting it was for me. See you in Cameron next year!

Congrats! Wish me luck when I apply next year!

CONGRATS! And welcome. You are joining a group you will be part of your whole life. Touch base with the line monitors when you attend that game and mention DBR. The fix is in for you to sit in the Crazie section. Go Duke.

congrats

I can dimly remember when I got in many years ago, but I certainly remember when my son did a few years back, and I've never seen him happier. There was a huge early decision pool this year, so you should be very proud.

Great news!!!! Good Luck.

Congrats, and enjoy; my four years at Duke were four of the best years of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by lpd1982 View Post
    CONGRATS! And welcome. You are joining a group you will be part of your whole life. Touch base with the line monitors when you attend that game and mention DBR. The fix is in for you to sit in the Crazie section. Go Duke.
    Ah yes, the Duke Basketball Line Monitors -- the epitome of early stage corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    Ah yes, the Duke Basketball Line Monitors -- the epitome of early stage corruption.
    Hey, watch it there buddy!

I echo everyone else's sentiments in congratulating you on your acceptance. It is indeed a wonderful moment, and you're about to have a lot of fun AND get the best education possible!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Cheer loud and go to EVERY GAME you can. Its only a few hours every week, but some of the memories made in that building will last far longer than memories of your grades and most of the parties you go to at Duke.