Thread: Surround Sound

Surround Sound

My christmas present to myself is a blue ray player and surround sound. I have researched on Cnet and think I have a good idea for two different categories, but not sure which way to go.

Option 1: Samsung HT-BD1250 (originally $550 now $400)
    This is an all in one blue-ray and 5.1 surround sound system

Option2: Buy a Blue-ray player and a surround sound HTIB system as distinct units.
    I would probably buy the onkyo or yamaha HTIB system.
    To compare more similar situations we could say the $300 HTIB system so that it is more similar in price to option 1, however, I would probably buy the $550 HTIB system (onkyo 6200).

Both options had great reviews for their category...I was just wondering whether it would be better to have a distinct receiver and blue-ray player or whether the all in one is a good deal for $400.

Any advice would be great...thanks

I don't' know if that model has it, but my older Yamaha A/V receiver has a feature that dials in the speakers automatically. You put a mic where you sit, run it through its paces, and presto!, precisely tuned, clean sound.

-jk

I would always recommend separate components. You don't want a piece of your Blu-Ray player to go out and make you replace the whole kit-n-kaboodle. Electronics do go bad, and components make it easier to replace pieces.