Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

FB: Miami 34, Duke 16

This is obviously a must-win game for our postseason hopes. We'll see how this injured team holds up going into Miami. Can we pull off the upset? Sure. Will we? Your thoughts...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    This is obviously a must-win game for our postseason hopes. We'll see how this injured team holds up going into Miami. Can we pull off the upset? Sure. Will we? Your thoughts...
    We can if we change our game plan. We've kept the same plan for the last two losses..too much running and short passing. We did at least go for a few long balls VS. GT, but their corners were very good, and Thad flat out overthrew a great called play (down the field up the middle). I'm just hoping Thad stays healthy today, I have no interest in seeing Schroeder out there. Not because I don't want to see him, but I want to see him for four more years.
    Defense will have another tough game on their hands, but they are up to the challenge. Duke has played Miami well before, I look for a tight game that we have a chance in. GO DUKE!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Rey with the Pick

Great play by Vinnie on D and then a great pass by Thad to a Killer V and we are on the board in Miami. Had to settle for 3, but I will take it.

3-0 middle of the 1st

Still having problems running the football, but the defense has a good pick and held firm on this drive when they needed to.

Go Duke!

Hopefully we can get a win, then back home to face Wake with a bowl bid on the line. That would be the biggest game Wallace Wade Stadium has seen since the 1994 season...

LETS GO DUKE FOOTBALL!!! Show everybody its not all about basketball at Duke.

It was too bad Thad missed a wide open receiver on that first down play-action, but it was a great save by Snyderwine on that 49-yard kick (and nice squib kick on the ensuing kickoff).

Duke 6, Miami 3, lets keep it up.

Almost another pick by Duke. High pass almost picked off by Gainey.

FUMBLE!!!!! Duke ball!!

What happened on Miami's first TO?

I wasn't watching at the time, but I heard that Duke intercepted Harris.

It's really too bad Kelly couldn't hold on to that 3rd-and-2 catch. Duke's offense really looked like it was starting to click.

Pick by Duke's Gainey.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TD Duke!!! Varner with the TD 24 yard TD pass. Varner has 130+ yards receiving.

You may not believe it but I would like to see the Devils get to a bowl. We know Miami is going to one so it would be good to see another ACC team get a bowl bid. You guys have a great quarterback which is why you are having some success this year and it should continue. As for QB's, Carolina's TJ Yates is trying his best to blow a 21-0 start that the Heel's defense has handed him against Boston College. UNC's defense has been ranked nationally in the top 5 all year and deservedly so. The offense however has left quite a bit to be desired.

Half time. Duke 13 Miami 10. Offense didnt look good early, but later in the half the offense started clicking, the defense remained solid, and our run game was even picking up 4-6 yard gains. We can win this game!

Great first half, all things considered. Just have to watch out for fatigue against a very quick Miami team, and finish this out.

Quote Originally Posted by RainingThrees View Post
    Half time. Duke 13 Miami 10. Offense didnt look good early, but later in the half the offense started clicking, the defense remained solid, and our run game was even picking up 4-6 yard gains. We can win this game!
    Not bad offense for a team that got very little practice outside during the week to prepare for this game. If they've really established their rhythm, the second half should be even better.

Great preparation of both offense and defense... Miami has been trying to adjust. The staff Coach Cutcliffe brought with him has proven their worth repeatedly.

Boys are really moving the ball well, even on the ground...

It sounds like we've got a lot of Duke fans in attendance. Good work if you traveled down there!