EA Sports NCAA Basketball 10

I just wanted to know if anybody has purchased this game yet and if so, what do you think about the game?

I played it for XBOX 360 and it is not very good. The graphics stink and EA has not done very much to improve the gameplay. Missed defensive assignments by the computer, choppy graphics, the stadiums look very fake, it just did not impress me. NBA 2K10 is the way to go if you want a quality basketball game. It's a shame there is only one college basketball game now...

I just purchased it yesterday and played it last night (after the power was restored after being knocked out during a storm)...the gameplay is pretty good. The graphics are excellent and, most importantly, in my first game I crushed UNC with Duke

I'm doing dynasty mode now...pretty hard to recruit which is good...I like the challenge.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    I just purchased it yesterday and played it last night (after the power was restored after being knocked out during a storm)...the gameplay is pretty good. The graphics are excellent and, most importantly, in my first game I crushed UNC with Duke

I'm doing dynasty mode now...pretty hard to recruit which is good...I like the challenge.
    Can you tell us the overall ratings for the Duke and UNC rosters? Any interesting specific ratings that stand out? (Scheyer 3pt, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    Can you tell us the overall ratings for the Duke and UNC rosters? Any interesting specific ratings that stand out? (Scheyer 3pt, etc)
    I second that. I'm curious because I'm thinking about buying the game.

There is a demo for 360 that is free and it is Duke-UNC in Cameron. It gives you a few minutes to test it out.

I bought it a couple days ago but haven't had much time to play it. One observation is that Mason and Ryan Kelly are both listed as pure post players on the roster. Luckily, there aren't any major omissions of players. I only played one game and it was decent. The College Hoops 2K series is far superior, but they didn't make a game this year. Agreed that NBA 2K10 is a far better game.

The College Hoops 2k series was wayyy better than EA College Basketball, but I purchased the game and its pretty average so far.

You can't manage your lineups in terms of setting rotations, so some games I have my starting 5 playing 34 minutes per game while only going 2 deep on the bench.

Recruiting dynamic hasn't improved, you still have top recruits signing with schools like Penn & Monmouth if they're nearby. The fact there are 2 different recruiting classes in a year doesn't make sense, there is an in season recruiting class with rankings and then there is a post season recruiting class with rankings.

After recruiting well for 3 years players begin to transfer at a record pace at each school, In 2014 I had 4 players transfer out of the program eventhough 1 was a starter. When they transfer it seems as if they completely disappear from the game as you don't see where they go after transferring.

The gameplay is better with the ESPN coverage being extremely realistic, but the CBS coverage and commentary is horrible with Gus Johnson's commentary sounding more like a streetball game rather than a college basketball game.

A few problems I have is the fact that the crowd graphics are horrible, it isn't realistic at all and there are way too many people in the crowd with masks on ala Jason in the Friday the 13th series. Also everytime a player scores they get really pumped up even if they're down by 28 points when in reality it isn't anything like that.
    Last edited by Franzez; 11-20-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franzez View Post
    You can't manage your lineups in terms of setting rotations, so some games I have my starting 5 playing 34 minutes per game while only going 2 deep on the bench.
    Assuming that you're playing with Duke, many posters would argue that's an accurate simulation of Coach K's substitution pattern.

So in the aftermath, is this game worth it?

Duke is rated as an A overall, A- offense and A defense. Some interesting things of note:

-Lists Lance as starting PF with a 79 rating. MP1 is a 74.
    -Ryan Kelly is the 2nd best bench player behind Zoub. Zoub has an 80 rating, the same as Nolan.
    -Dre Day is a 73.
    -All of Singler, Dre, Nolan and Scheyer have excellent 3 point ability.
    -Our dunk ratings are kinda low, but they can all throw down (even Zoub).

Most interesting...our bench in the game is where the visitors bench is in real life. Thus, the band side gets the opposing team in the 1st half. Cameron, other than that tidbit, looks pretty realistic.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

I haven't tried a console basketball game in a few years. They just never seem to play correctly.

However, I do wish the original NBA Jam and the followup TE would be released in the Xbox Arcade. I used to go nuts with Laettner on the TWolves (with JR Rider and Chuck Person) and Hurley with (Tisdale and Mitch Richmond).