Question Technical help needed

When I try to access the Road Runner home page to download some software, I get a blue page with this text:
    What is this blue screen?

When attempting to view www.rr.com, a blue screen may appear due to various security settings in your browser. In order to get rid of the blue screen that appears when viewing www.rr.com and still keep a high security level, you will need to adjust your security settings.
    For instructions on correcting this click this link: http://content.rr.com/rr-extras/blue.html
    The link takes me to a page that gives instructions for my browser. I follow the instructions exactly without results. I use Firefox, but I also tried it in IE without results. Help from Mozilla and Time Warner must be held up in some cyberspace queue. As far as I can tell my Java plug in is current.

i loaded the page you mentioned and got flash map to select a RR service area/domain. so it might be a flash issue. after selecting from the map i was redirected to http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm so you could try going there directly...

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    i loaded the page you mentioned and got flash map to select a RR service area/domain. so it might be a flash issue. after selecting from the map i was redirected to http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm so you could try going there directly...
    Thanks, jimmy. I am still waiting on tech support from Mozilla and Time/Warner, but it's the weekend, I guess. I tried the link you suggested, and got the same blue screen message. Something is probably wrong in my Firefox set up. This morning I went on my wife's computer on which I had set up Firefox the exact same way, I thought. I did not get that message, and I was able to download the software I wanted. Now, since I have both computers on a wireless network, I'll be able to install it on both when I get the time.

The software I want to install will replace Symantec's Norton System works and Internet Security suites. That stuff really slows things down, and gets in the way. Time/Warner's package is touted as offering all of the protection I need, including virus protection, so I will give it a try.