Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

On-field Duke Men's LAX news

I wasn't sure if this should be on the lacrosse board or the main board, but I felt the accomplishment was significant enough to deserve posting on the main board.

Duke lacrosse coach John Danowski was named ACC Coach of the Year today. His son, Matt Danowski, was named ACC Player of the Year.

Link.

Whatever you may think about the lacrosse case and the issues surrounding it, the performance of the men's lacrosse team this year should be a source of pride for Blue Devils everywhere. Congratulations Coach D and Matt, and good luck in the ACC Tournament and beyond.

Incidentally, Duke will be hosting the ACC Men's Lacrosse Tournament at Koskinen Stadium beginning tomorrow, April 27. Duke will play North Carolina at 8:30 PM, and the finals will be on Sunday, April 29, at 3:30 PM. All four teams in the ACC Tournament are ranked in the Top 10 of the USILA national poll. If you're in the area and have the time, please consider going to the games and showing your support for Duke lacrosse.

For those of you who can't be there in person, I believe that the finals will be televised by Fox SportsNet.

Off topic: Men's lax in ACC title game, tmw at 3:30 in Koskinen against UVA

Mods, I do apologize for posting this in the hoops forum, but with the hopes of maximizing the number of people aware of Duke's presence in the ACC championship game Sunday afternoon, I hope you'll forgive me for this breach of the rules.

The men's lacrosse team takes on Virginia tomorrow at 3:30 at Duke's Koskinen Stadium in the ACC lacrosse championship. The Blue Devils have come a long way from the start of the season, when they took down Dartmouth in front of a nearly-record-setting crowd.

So if you're in the Durham area, I hope you'll be able to make it out to support the Blue Devils in their quest: Succisa verescit.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

On the field Lacrosse news is appropriate here.

Just so you guys and everyone else knows, the consensus amongst the moderators is that legit, on the field lacrosse news belongs here, on the King Forum, while news related to the lacrosse incident last year should remain on the Lacrosse Forum.

We will monitor Lacrosse threads on the King forum and delete or move to the Lacrosse Forum any posts that discuss the incident and its aftermath.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Congrats to the ACC champs!

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...&ATCLID=878882

On a side note, according to GoDuke.com, Duke Athletics had 12 teams achieve a top 10 ranking at one point in the season. Solid year for the program.

Danowski played unreal today. Great win!

Congrats to the team and coaching staff on a great ACC Championship. You are right, Dano was superb. All the seniors were. Also, nice crowd - the Duke community has really gotten behind this team. Duke will be the #2 seed in the NCAA Tourny and will get at least one home game.

That was a fantastic game! Dano played great both days and it seemed like every time there was an assist it was Greer. I can't believe I didn't Tivo the championships game! Some of the plays we saw were just unreal. Nice day for it too and good turnout as others have already said. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    That was a fantastic game! Dano played great both days and it seemed like every time there was an assist it was Greer. I can't believe I didn't Tivo the championships game! Some of the plays we saw were just unreal. Nice day for it too and good turnout as others have already said. Go Duke!
    There is a replay on Fox College Sports Pacific at 12:30 a.m. Pacific time on Monday.

Great game. I had DVR'd it from earlier today. Fun to see they won. Congrats!

Congratulations!!!!!

Kudos and sincere congratulations to the Duke men's lacrosse team and everyone on campus - student, athletes, staff and supportive faculty. It's a wonderful accomplishment. Here's to a run that's all the way in the NCAA tournament.

Last edited by throatybeard; 05-05-2007 at 02:37 PM.

Thumbs up congrats

After all this team's been through it only makes one wonder about what might have been last year as well. Great game, great season and best wishes for the nationals!

A Better Question

When does the NCAA Men's lacrosse tournament get announced? I want to follow the team's progress. A title would be the icing on the cake o'vindication.

When does the NCAA Men's lacrosse tournament get announced? I want to follow the team's progress. A title would be the icing on the cake o'vindication.
    The NCAA Men’s Division I selection/bracketing show is broadcast on ESPN-U, Sunday, 6 May, at 2100 (9:00 PM). I suspect Duke will be the second overall seed, behind Cornell. We have a mission, this is our year.

Is the Final Four in Baltimore again?

Wink

Last regular season game. Many great looking women and Mike Dunleavey, Jr took in the victory over Air Force.

Duke gets the #1 seed in the NCAA Tourny.

Angry Selection Committee On Acid

The bracket is up, at http://www.ncaasports.com/lacrosse/m...16_dyn/2007/DI

Duke as the top seed isn't a real stretch, as the Blue Devils are number one in the RPI and have seven wins over top 10 teams.

Seeding Virginia and Hopkins ahead of Cornell can't be justified under any theory that I can come up with. The last remaining unbeaten team, number one in every poll, with a win over Duke at Duke, is the four seed??? It's hardly their fault that the rest of the Ivy League sucks, thereby dragging down the Big Red's SOS. Yo, committee, please 'splain.

So, Duke gets Providence in the first round. If they advance, they play either Carolina or Navy in the quarters, at Navy. If seeding holds all the way to Baltimore, they play Cornell in the semis.

Duke was done no favors here.
    Last edited by burnspbesq; 05-06-2007 at 10:59 PM.

Question Perhaps one favor

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    So, Duke gets Providence in the first round. If they advance, they play either Carolina or Navy in the quarters, at Navy. If seeding holds all the way to Baltimore, they play Cornell in the semis.

Duke was done no favors here.
    A potential matchup with UNC... any impact on the Carlyle Cup?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    A potential matchup with UNC... any impact on the Carlyle Cup?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    No. We have already beat them twice.

Lacrosse seeding

I do not follow lacrosse but seedings seem odd that with 4 ACC teams, the committee would not at least put them on opposite sides of the bracket rather than if they all win Duke-UNC and UVA-MD in second round. Would be better if there was no possiblity if league opponent unless they each won two games in tourney.

Another reason why Hopkins second and UVA third might make more sense.