Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Welcome to Duke, Kyrie! We can't wait for that big smile of yours to brighten up Cameron!

Kyrie Tweets

Duke blue devil officially now really feels good!!!

Latest tweet from Kyrie Irving.

This is a great day, welcome to Duke....Kyrie!!
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by lpd1982 View Post
    Watching the Irving family leaving the Duke bookstore with "gear for the year" shows that they are as excited about coming as we are about having them. Wear the colors well! Welcome to ALL the Irvings!
    Were they on campus today? That would suggest he will be there to greet Harrison!

And a little pick-up?

I like the thought of Kyrie being the face of the program for a while.

Awesome! I know some of y'all went insane with the recruitment (and to some extent I did as well) but looks like KI really enjoyed playing it all out. Can't say I would've done it any differently

Theory: KI verbally committed off the record to Coach K during the official visit, but wanted to take the A&M and UK officials out of respect (A&M for being the first to recruit KI, and UK because of his godfather). Then wanted to make the official announcement right before HB's visit for additional recruiting firepower during the visit. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeSean View Post
    Awesome! I know some of y'all went insane with the recruitment (and to some extent I did as well) but looks like KI really enjoyed playing it all out. Can't say I would've done it any differently

Theory: KI verbally committed off the record to Coach K during the official visit, but wanted to take the A&M and UK officials out of respect (A&M for being the first to recruit KI, and UK because of his godfather). Then wanted to make the official announcement right before HB's visit for additional recruiting firepower during the visit. Thoughts?
    I like your theory, but i could also see him wanting to go to those visits for fun...i mean, if i was him i'd have taken my visit to GT and enjoyed myself before committing. Glad he didn't, but if he could afford the cost it probably would've been enjoyable. (No real point in taking the visit to Seton Hall)
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Kyrie for 3.....

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Were they on campus today? That would suggest he will be there to greet Harrison!

And a little pick-up?

I like the thought of Kyrie being the face of the program for a while.
    Kyrie announced from the ESPNZone in NYC.

Kyrie announced his decision from the ESPN Sportzone in Times Square. I am guessing he drove up from Northern New Jersey with his family after school, so the other poster probably saw his family on his official visit last month.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Welcome To Duke Kyrie Irving!

The tide is turning! Ol MO is started to swing the way of the Blue Devils! This is a great day!!!

We should all celebrate. Not everyday you sign a top 5 recruit, especially at the PG spot.

As a side note, I will tell on myself. I was at work and DBR literally locked up at 5:30. Could not get in. Called home and had my son put the tv on ESPNU and the phone on speaker sitting by the tv. Listened to the whole thing live! Let out a woohooo and those still in the office thought I was nuts! (maybe I am!)

Go Kyrie and Go Duke!!!

Welcome, Kyrie!

It's great to win a high-profile recruiting battle. It seems like it's been awhile.

Lord have mercy, we've got us a real PG. Welcome to Duke Kyrie!!!!!

^^^^

Welcome to Duke Kyrie, and whatever you do, DRILL the Tar Heels for us.

dth.

Welcome Kyrie...you were well-spoken today and we're proud of your decision to come to DUke...

Hallefrigginlujah.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Welcome To Duke Kyrie Irving!

The tide is turning! Ol MO is started to swing the way of the Blue Devils! This is a great day!!!

We should all celebrate. Not everyday you sign a top 5 recruit, especially at the PG spot.

As a side note, I will tell on myself. I was at work and DBR literally locked up at 5:30. Could not get in. Called home and had my son put the tv on ESPNU and the phone on speaker sitting by the tv. Listened to the whole thing live! Let out a woohooo and those still in the office thought I was nuts! (maybe I am!)

Go Kyrie and Go Duke!!!

Love Jason Williams' comment:

Welcome to Duke Kyrie Irving!!! Duke can start running screen and roll again!!
    about 2 hours ago from UberTwitter
    http://twitter.com/RealJayWilliams
    Golly, Kyrie can run a pick and roll; wonder if we will have anyone to run it with?

Kyle, Harrison, MP1, MP2, Ryan?

Same rhetorical question for the pick and pop.

This is indeed a good day.

Congrats Mr. Irving, you've made us proud already!

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    I like your theory, but i could also see him wanting to go to those visits for fun...i mean, if i was him i'd have taken my visit to GT and enjoyed myself before committing. Glad he didn't, but if he could afford the cost it probably would've been enjoyable. (No real point in taking the visit to Seton Hall)
    No doubt, I'd go and be treated like royalty especially when someone else is footing the bill, but if he wanted to try to get HB on board too, it would be much better committing before the visit than going to GT also and then committing. At that point maybe he weighed 1 weekend of fun vs. the distinct possibility of playing alongside HB for a couple years.

Anyways, I just like speculating as to his rationale and announcement strategy. The off-the-record verbal commit to Coach K during OV would also make sense as to how some of those rumors got started immediately following his visit.

I believe Kyrie will go down as my favorite recruit since Johnny Dawkins. Kyrie is exactly what the Dr. ordered for this program. We have needed someone like him for a long time. I am pumped to watch him play. While alot of attention has been on Harrison Barnes, I have been more anxiously awaiting the decision of Kyrie. It is no coincidence that our National Championships have come with Bobby Hurley and Jason Williams. Dynamic point guards are so critical. Our only recent win over UNC came when Lawson sat out. Kyrie will make everyone better. The ability to drive, draw, and dish. Or finish. Or pop the 3. Man, I can't wait.

Welcome Kyrie. Can't wait to watch you play. Hope you have a great senior year of high school!

Welcome aboard Kyrie!!!