Andre Dawkins Article

There's a new article about Andre up on GoDuke.com. Nothing earth shattering or new but it's a good read:

http://www.goduke.com//ViewArticle.d...CLID=204813646

It’s kind of ironic. Dawkins might be a great ambassador for Duke, but because of his unexpectedly early commitment, he never got to make an official recruiting visit of his own.

Dawkins said that’s no problem. He’s where he wants to be.

“This is my official,” he said with a wide smile.
    This didn't even cross my mind. Thornton and Hairston are coming this weekend for their officials and I guess Andre would have as well (unless he was planning on coming for Barnes' originally). I'm sure he's happily trading an OV for playing a year early but he does miss out on some of the hype around it.

Can Someone Say....

class act. This might be one of the classiest moves a players have ever made. While I know he is going to shine, he could not play one minute and we would forever be indebted to him. Glad to have you on board my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by jesus_hurley View Post
    There's a new article about Andre up on GoDuke.com. Nothing earth shattering or new but it's a good read:

http://www.goduke.com//ViewArticle.d...CLID=204813646

This didn't even cross my mind. Thornton and Hairston are coming this weekend for their officials and I guess Andre would have as well (unless he was planning on coming for Barnes' originally). I'm sure he's happily trading an OV for playing a year early but he does miss out on some of the hype around it.
    Somehow I suspect that Andre can distinguish between the inherent value of being at Duke vs. the hoopla of a visit. He's very valuable as a player and as a recruiter.

Great point

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Somehow I suspect that Andre can distinguish between the inherent value of being at Duke vs. the hoopla of a visit. He's very valuable as a player and as a recruiter.
    Andre is a very intellignet young man with his head on straight. I think that statement could be true for young Mr. Harrison Barnes as well. I think he can distinguish between the two and makes the intelligent decision. Go Duke!