How many Octobers are there? I forget.

I haven't seen any postseason MLB promos from Fox yet, and I spent a good chunk of yesterday watching Fox. I guess they only get the ALCS and WS this year, but I would think they'd be promoting these by now. Anyone else think this is weird? Is this the last year of their contract with MLB?

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I haven't seen any postseason MLB promos from Fox yet, and I spent a good chunk of yesterday watching Fox. I guess they only get the ALCS and WS this year, but I would think they'd be promoting these by now. Anyone else think this is weird? Is this the last year of their contract with MLB?
    Fox has exclusive rights to the world series through 2013. TBS has exclusive rights to the Division Series from 2007-2013. Fox and TBS are flipflopping who gets the ALCS and NLCS each year til 2013 (e.g Fox gets the ALCS in 2009, 11, and 13, while TBS gets it in 2010, '12; opposite schedules for NLCS; so each network gets one LCS each year).

Useful information but my question remains. I would sure like there to be more than the usual number of Octobers this year, as the weather in the one we're experiencing now pretty much sucks. And in most of the country, not just here.

It is delightfully warm here in south Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Useful information but my question remains. I would sure like there to be more than the usual number of Octobers this year, as the weather in the one we're experiencing now pretty much sucks. And in most of the country, not just here.
    Unfortunately, if we added more Octobers the weather would simply be worse during those additional months.

Peru was quite nice as well the first week of October.

I remember watching those commercials of the teams as they debuted last month...the first one they had was of the Yankees. The 2nd was for my Tigers Fox/MLB/TBS/SI Curse Fail
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

I have been thoroughly enjoying the weather in Maui this October.

There's only one October! With extra exclamation points!!!!

And this is ooouuuuurrr country@